G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Visiting soon - Florida Keys - Islamorada

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Visiting soon - Florida Keys - Islamorada

Post by 1tanlinedude » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Going in September to the Florida Keys - Islamorada!! Any Speedo beaches or tips anyone can give??

Thank you! :-)
Last edited by 1tanlinedude on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Speedo_me
United States of America

Re: Visiting soon - Florida Keys - Islamorada

Post by Speedo_me » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 pm

I love going to the Florida Keys!! The water is always pristine blue and just beautiful. Would definitely bring bug spray unless bugs don't like you like me. I haven't done much beach exploring in the Keys. I haven't seen very many guys in speedos down there. If you go to Key West, I know there are a couple a good bars down there (sorry don't remember the name). In Islamorada there is a restaurant/bar on the water called the Lorelei. It has it's own little beach during the low tide, so it would be a recommendation from me! Hope you have a great time!!

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:31 am

Anyone else? I hear it's very laid back in The Keys - so should be able to max my tan-lines ! Suggestions anyone?

I just want to stay in my Speedo 24/7 ! :-)

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:31 am

1tanlinedude wrote:Anyone else? I hear it's very laid back in The Keys - so should be able to max my tan-lines ! Suggestions anyone?

Is that you in your profile pic? If so, that's one hell of a tan line already. Working on mine now, but it still has a way to go. I don't always have the clean cut tan lines like you have displayed there though.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm

Other than the gay inns/guest houses in Key West (from what people have said in other posts here), I don't think, you'll see many speedos in the Keys in general. I've never spent time in Islamorada, just driven through it. Key West doesn't have much in the way of decent beaches, except at Fort Zachary Taylor State Beach/Park. If you explore the smaller keys I'll bet you could find relatively unpopulated beaches off the main road. I stayed at a Days Inn in Key West. I went to the pool, saw a man doing his laps in his speedos, and I did the same. The Keys are laid back, so I'd say wear your speedos, even if nobody else does. I haven't been down in about five years, even though I live in South Florida. When you live and work in this state, you want to get out of here for a vacation. I go to New England, and once in a while California.
Long time Speedo® lover

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 pm

shadowmn wrote:
1tanlinedude wrote:Anyone else? I hear it's very laid back in The Keys - so should be able to max my tan-lines ! Suggestions anyone?

Is that you in your profile pic? If so, that's one hell of a tan line already. Working on mine now, but it still has a way to go. I don't always have the clean cut tan lines like you have displayed there though.

Yeah, I keep a pretty defined tanline that never really goes away even in the winter too. But now in this hot summer they are dark brown compare to the white. Makes it easy to be found at night especially in a full moon skinny dipping! Also, you can slip off your suit at early moring swim practice and no one notices quickly since white speedo are in! LOL

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Thom wrote:Other than the gay inns/guest houses in Key West (from what people have said in other posts here), I don't think, you'll see many speedos in the Keys in general. I've never spent time in Islamorada, just driven through it. Key West doesn't have much in the way of decent beaches, except at Fort Zachary Taylor State Beach/Park. If you explore the smaller keys I'll bet you could find relatively unpopulated beaches off the main road. I stayed at a Days Inn in Key West. I went to the pool, saw a man doing his laps in his speedos, and I did the same. The Keys are laid back, so I'd say wear your speedos, even if nobody else does. I haven't been down in about five years, even though I live in South Florida. When you live and work in this state, you want to get out of here for a vacation. I go to New England, and once in a while California.
Thanks! Good info - I'll wear my speedo 24/7 and really don't care what anyone else thinks or says. It's all we ever wore in our family growing up and on the swim team.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:25 pm

1tanlinedude wrote:Thanks! Good info - I'll wear my speedo 24/7 and really don't care what anyone else thinks or says. It's all we ever wore in our family growing up and on the swim team.
You're welcome dude. Have a really cool trip. Knock 'em dead in your speedos. PM me if you need any more info.
Last edited by Thom on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

dacondor
United States of America

Post by dacondor » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 pm

If you are still down there, there is a place called John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Large (top of the keys). When I was there saw several guys in speedos, there is also kayaking and other things to do there so defiantly a place to check out.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 am

dacondor wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 pm
If you are still down there, there is a place called John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Large (top of the keys). When I was there saw several guys in speedos, there is also kayaking and other things to do there so definitely a place to check out.
Excellent recommendation.
Long time Speedo® lover

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:12 pm

1tanlinedude wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm
Going in September to the Florida Keys - Islamorada!! Any Speedo beaches or tips anyone can give??

When in September are you heading down here? PM me... :mrgreen:
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 am

swimmerbud wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:12 pm
1tanlinedude wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

When in September are you heading down here? PM me... :mrgreen:
Last week in September for a full week !!!!

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 am

Didn't get to go due to the hurricane last year (2017) - trying or making plans to go this year again - open to any suggestion ??? :)

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 am

1tanlinedude wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 am
Didn't get to go due to the hurricane last year (2017) - trying or making plans to go this year again - open to any suggestion ??? :)
I'd visit earlier, say in July or August. It will be hotter, but there's less chance of a hurricane. Last year's hurricane was a disaster for the Keys. We've had a lot of rain so far this spring. I'm hoping that will mean fewer storms in the fall.
Long time Speedo® lover

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 am
1tanlinedude wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 am
I'd visit earlier, say in July or August. It will be hotter, but there's less chance of a hurricane. Last year's hurricane was a disaster for the Keys. We've had a lot of rain so far this spring. I'm hoping that will mean fewer storms in the fall.
Thanks Dude !! :)

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:05 am

1tanlinedude wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 pm
Thanks Dude !! :)
You're welcome! Cool speedo tan line, BTW.
Long time Speedo® lover

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 am

Great boating, fishing and snorkeling/diving if you're into those activities as well.

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

81mardel wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 am
Great boating, fishing and snorkeling/diving if you're into those activities as well.
Love any water sports or activities - all great ideas! Thanks !!

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Spent the week there ...so much FUN ... Lived 24/7 in my speedo and got seriously dark! We snorkeled, spearfished, swam laps at local community park pool, & boated for a week. Saw a lot of others in speedos at some 8 mile long open water race which was very cool. Water was crystal clear! Only time I didn't have a speedo on was when I was sleeping and you could see my white bum from a mile away. I was tattooed by the SUN! ;)

Hope to go back some day!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 am

1tanlinedude wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm
Spent the week there ...so much FUN ... Lived 24/7 in my speedo and got seriously dark! We snorkeled, spearfished, swam laps at local community park pool, & boated for a week. Saw a lot of others in speedos at some 8 mile long open water race which was very cool. Water was crystal clear! Only time I didn't have a speedo on was when I was sleeping and you could see my white bum from a mile away. I was tattooed by the SUN! ;)

Hope to go back some day!
Wow! Thanks for the update. I'm really glad you had a good visit. What was the name of the hotel/motel/guest house where you stayed? Did you find any good restaurants? Did you see places to rent standup paddle boards?

Good thing you went in September. The Keys had stormy weather in October from the outer bands of the system that eventually turned into hurricane Michael that destroyed parts of northern Florida's pan handle.

This web site has a video of an 8 mile swim, possibly the one you saw. The early part of the video shows some underwater shots pf guys in speedos. Later views are mostly jammers.

https://www.swimalligatorlight.com/
Long time Speedo® lover