G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Have Confidence!

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Have Confidence!

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:40 pm

So I've been rocking the speeds at the gym pool as of late, and first of all I LOVE rocking the speeds in public. Second, I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, but I've had a couple of occurrences that make me feel like other people think, "oh, he's the real deal because he's wearing a speedo"

First time was when a guy in the next lane (wearing jammers) asked me how far I was swimming, and he seemed impressed by the distance (just a mile- something I don't find especially impressive). Second time was when the Masters group asked me if I wanted to join them in their workout set this morning.

Anyway, I'm getting more and more confident wearing in public, and it's awesome.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:54 am

52dno98 wrote:So I've been rocking the speeds at the gym pool as of late, and first of all I LOVE rocking the speeds in public. Second, I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, but I've had a couple of occurrences that make me feel like other people think, "oh, he's the real deal because he's wearing a speedo"

First time was when a guy in the next lane (wearing jammers) asked me how far I was swimming, and he seemed impressed by the distance (just a mile- something I don't find especially impressive). Second time was when the Masters group asked me if I wanted to join them in their workout set this morning.

Anyway, I'm getting more and more confident wearing in public, and it's awesome.
Congratulations!! This really is awesome. 8)
Long time Speedo® lover

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:03 am

I consider myself a veteran speedo wearer as I've been wearing them in public for about 15 years. There are still some times that it takes a little nerve to wear my speedo at public beach or pool, but for the most part I can do it without hesitation. Taking my off shorts and sitting out is no big deal at all, but the initial walk to the pool or water can be intimidating if you have to walk through a crowd. The other day at the beach, I was getting hot from laying out and decided it was time to make the trek down to the water. I had to talk myself through it because I was alone this time without a support line from my wife. She doesn't say anything usually, but just her being there is makes it much easier. Once I was ready to exit the water, I again had to talk myself through it to make my way back to my chair. My suit was wet so more detail was revealed and I was facing everyone. I just put my sunglasses back on, put my head up, looked straight ahead and walked up the sand. I tend to look down as I'm walking, but this time I made sure to look straight ahead without looking down. That is the best advice I can give anyone who is lacking confidence to wear a speedo. Once you get a little wet and make yourself seen, it's all cake from there.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm

ALL the boys are wearing briefs.... http://www.floswimming.com/article/5969 ... YO0p4TyvDc
watch the video

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

swimmy wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm
ALL the boys are wearing briefs.... http://www.floswimming.com/article/5969 ... YO0p4TyvDc
watch the video
It's just a head shot of a dude talking about his swims?

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Look beyond and notice the kids in the background practicing....

We just had the our all-city swim meet last week and I have to say it was a pretty much even split. You could tell the clubs in the more affluent neighborhoods - there were more boys were wearing the expensive technical jammers where as the public pool clubs there were more briefs. But overall, there were still a lot of briefs out there.
straight, married w/ kids.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Watch the video! Pay attention to what is going on in the background. None of the boys at the meet are wearing jammers.