G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos in dubai

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Aussietriboy78

Speedos in dubai

Post by Aussietriboy78 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm heading to Dubai in a month and hoping to get some advice on speedos in Dubai. Are they commonly seen or are they frowned upon.
I will wear them no matter what but just trying to prepare myself before I get there.

BJE
United States of America

Re: Speedos in dubai

Post by BJE » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:42 pm

I would check local laws before wearing one in a Muslim country. Certainly Muslim men wouldn't be wearing one. I believe Muslim men must not show the belly button or knees or anything in between.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Aussietriboy78 wrote:I'm heading to Dubai in a month and hoping to get some advice on speedos in Dubai. Are they commonly seen or are they frowned upon.
I will wear them no matter what but just trying to prepare myself before I get there.
From what I can tell, you can wear a speedo (no thongs) but only on the beach and hotel pools. Shorts everywhere else.
Also found this info.

Dress code
Women should dress modestly when in public areas like shopping malls. Clothes should cover the tops of the arms and legs, and underwear should not be visible. Swimming attire should be worn only on beaches or at swimming pools.

Relationships outside marriage
All sex outside marriage is illegal, irrespective of any relationship you may have with your partner in the UK. Same-sex marriages are not recognised and all homosexual sex is illegal. If the UAE authorities become aware that you’re conducting a sexual relationship outside marriage (as recognised by them), you run the risk of prosecution, imprisonment and/or a fine and deportation. It’s against the law to live together, or to share the same hotel room, with someone of the opposite sex to whom you aren’t married or closely related.

The UAE is in many respects a tolerant society and private life is respected, although there have been some reports of individuals being punished for sexual activity outside marriage, including homosexual activity, particularly where there is any public element, or the behaviour has caused offence. This applies both to expatriate residents and to tourists.

Due to the laws on sex outside marriage, if you become pregnant outside marriage, both you and your partner could face imprisonment and/or deportation. Doctors may ask for proof of marriage during ante-natal checks. An unmarried woman who gives birth in the UAE may also encounter problems when registering the birth of the child in the UAE, and could be arrested, imprisoned or deported. To get a birth certificate from the UAE authorities, you must provide a marriage certificate and the authorities may compare the date of the marriage against the estimated date of conception.

If you are still worried call the UAE Embassy in you area.
Here is the number just Incase. +61 3 9622 2000
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Aussietriboy78 wrote:I'm heading to Dubai in a month and hoping to get some advice on speedos in Dubai. Are they commonly seen or are they frowned upon.
I would be extremely careful about wearing them in Muslim countries. People there take their religion very, very seriously. You might want to find out if Muslims associate speedos with homosexual activity, which is forbidden. You don't want to find yourself being pursued by a mob of religious zealots who want to stone you to death...or worse.
Long time Speedo® lover

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 am

I went there last year. I wouldn't wear one. Square cut at most at the hotel pool.

But then again they had those diving championships there and Steele Johnson and all them wore speedos there and at the hotel. But again, it was at the hotel. And they had good reason to be in speedos.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 am

I wouldn't do it either. Just don't go there as a visitor.