G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Places to wear speedos in Europe

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rockman748

Places to wear speedos in Europe

Post by rockman748 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 pm

I will be traveling to Europe soon and would like some suggestions on a couple places I should check out that I can wear my speedos to. I will be in Zurich Switzerland, Southwestern Germany, Paris, London, and possibly Milan. I won't be in each of these countries for more than a day or two, but would like to have the opportunity to wear a speedo somewhere that I won't receive any odd looks. I would like to hear some suggestions as I know some of you are from across the pond.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Re: Places to wear speedos in Europe

Post by aznspeedoboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Sounds like a great trip! I don't think Munich is considered Southwestern Germany, but when I went swimming in Eisbach within Englischer Garten I saw a good number of guys in speedos (both jumping into the river or just hanging out). It was also during the summer fyi.

I've also been to Paris and London, but unfortunately didn't get anytime to check out any speedo-friendly spots. Hope someone else here on the forum can help.
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:43 am

Sorry cannot name specific places, but with the exception of London I would not have thought you would be out of place in speedo in mainland Europe.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Don't worry! Here in Europe you everywhere can wear speedos at the beach, at lakes and in outdoor and indoor-pools as well. Though a lot of guys even indoors wear insane boardshorts, speedos are always still common and appropriate for swimming and tanning. You won't get odd looks when you're wearing your speedos. They're still very popular, especially in Italy and France. Nobody cares. Only with thongs you'll might get a problem at several places.
So enjoy your time here and have fun, you're welcome!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:02 am

Any beach or pool in Italy is prime for speedos! Same for France. On my bucket list of speedo-awesome places to visit in Europe/Mediterranean/Aegean/Crimean are Italy, Sardinia/Corsica, Greece, Croatia, Mediterranean coast of Spain and France. Malta is great speedo territory.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 am

I don't think I'll actually get to the coasts of any of the countries I visit. I believe that everything will be on the interior of the countries. I know that I will be staying in Milan, Zurich, Paris, and London, as well as possibly Stuttgart. Are there any suggestions for good places to visit while in those countries?
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:03 am

I live in south west Germany and I can assure you that Speedos are fine in the whole country. They are considered proper swimming attire for any occasion: swimming pool, beach river or lake. Younger people tend to use board shorts or square cut speedos, while older people tend to use the brief style. Nobody really cares.
If you do visit Germany, try and visit a Sauna/Wellness centre! Germans are very open when it comes to nudity, so most saunas will be mixed and nudity will be enforced. Most saunas also have swimming pools to do laps in, and sometimes, you can also swim nude. Every city will have 2-4 saunas.
There are also some lakes and rivers which are officially for naturists, so you can hang be completely naked: do a pick nick, play some soccer, go swimming. You will recognise them if they promote them as FKK Lakes/Rivers. FKK = Freikörperkultur (Free Body Culture)
I hope you have fun in Germany!

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 am

London wise I would say any of the outdoor swimming pools: Tooting Lido, Highgate Ponds, Parliament Hill Lido or the one in Kensington Park. Of course there's always the Olympic park Aquatics Centre and possibly still the 50m pool at Crystal Palace [Not sure if it is still open]. Most male swimmers there would be serious about their swimming and serious=lycra right? No reason why you couldn't take your towel to one of the parks and grab some rays in your Speedo's. At English pools and beaches Speedo's are a minority but it's a big minority so you might get people checking you out but I don't think you'd get any hassle. Kensington and Hyde Parks have big open parkland so you'll be able to find somewhere pretty quiet.
The only caution I'd give you is about the water. London [And Paris] tapwater is minging, I've only ever swum at one pool in London but the combination of the public water supply+ chlorine was a bitch for my skin.
Real men wear Speedo's