G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends seeing you in a speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

markuswolf09
United States of America

Re: Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by markuswolf09 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:32 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 pm
BJE wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 am
I have the suit you are wearing in your avatar.
It's a great suit, isn't it? I have eight of the Tyr 2" suits. I was worried that they won't hold up to chlorine so I bought a bunch before Tyr stopped making them.
Good call. I'm hoping to get the TYR stars & stripes suits myself.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:45 pm

I have bumped into some people I know from work at the pool. As usual I was in speedos and they were in jammers. They are better swimmers than me but I was still lane swimmming. Nothing was said then or later.
If I was seen at the beach I do not know what the reaction would be, however no strangers have looked twice at me in speedos at the beach, even running along the beach to dry off and warm up.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm

My wife is cool with me wearing a speedo. My oldest sister joined us on a beach trip once and made sure I was uncomfortable. Don't think I could do it in front of friends.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:19 am

ncstr8male wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm
My wife is cool with me wearing a speedo. My oldest sister joined us on a beach trip once and made sure I was uncomfortable. Don't think I could do it in front of friends.
What was you sister wearing? A swimsuit, bikini, or a coverall?!

You look the perfect ambassador for a speedo (esp with your canine companion)!

I think it depends the circumstances for wearing in front of friends, at the pool swimming laps - no problem. At a pool party for work colleagues, poss not. Still no reason to go for the dork shorts though, a short pair of shorts instead.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 am

ncstr8male wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm
NC is pretty conservative. I lived close by in Tidewater Virginia for a short time and was taken to task for wearing jeans with a sport coat on a movie date. :roll:
Long time Speedo® lover

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm

markuswolf09 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Like these?

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 2.16.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 2.16.19 PM.png (334.53 KiB) Viewed 7767 times

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm
markuswolf09 wrote:

Like these?

I have had my eye on that suit for ages. Lol. It looks good on you.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

markuswolf09
United States of America

Post by markuswolf09 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:18 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm
markuswolf09 wrote:

Like these?

That would be the Triumph, yes :)

Would love to wear a pair myself.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 am

BJE wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm
SthOzGuy81 wrote:I wouldn't care if my gay friends saw me in one, but not my other friends or family. When my physique is where I want it to be then maybe I wouldn't care if my friends or family saw me.
My reason for not wanting certain people to see me in a speedo has nothing to do with my physique and everything to do with the fact that they would be disgusted by scandalous swimwear and would tell me so.
A great discussion might occur if we were to define "scandalous swimwear" and come up with examples of "non-scandalous swimwear" complete with guidelines on which would be appropriate at various places, functions. So many posts are about fearing to wear a speedo, a term which is probably most often confused with a thong. Now and then we get close to it in threads about "Speedo friendly places" and "Can I wear this to the pool", etc. BTW I've never heard of a non-friendly speedo place. Nor have I ever considered wearing my JOK mini-half to a swim meet. LOL.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 am

I would love to go on a holiday with friends and everyone wear a speedo.
Perhaps one day.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 pm

swimmy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 am
BJE wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm
SthOzGuy81 wrote:I wouldn't care if my gay friends saw me in one, but not my other friends or family. When my physique is where I want it to be then maybe I wouldn't care if my friends or family saw me.
My reason for not wanting certain people to see me in a speedo has nothing to do with my physique and everything to do with the fact that they would be disgusted by scandalous swimwear and would tell me so.
A great discussion might occur if we were to define "scandalous swimwear" and come up with examples of "non-scandalous swimwear" complete with guidelines on which would be appropriate at various places, functions. So many posts are about fearing to wear a speedo, a term which is probably most often confused with a thong. Now and then we get close to it in threads about "Speedo friendly places" and "Can I wear this to the pool", etc. BTW I've never heard of a non-friendly speedo place. Nor have I ever considered wearing my JOK mini-half to a swim meet. LOL.
For the sake of what I’m speaking about here, “scandalous swimwear” on a man would be anything more revealing than board shorts.

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi - I have always worn a speedo and at times a thong. My family have always seen me in a speedo and my girlfriends have always liked it and liked the thong etc. I used to wear thong at beach and resorts on holiday and some girlfriends also wore thongs

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 am

I feel that "scandalous"is a bit harsh to describe the official uniform of the sports of competition swimming, water polo, and diving. If it truly was generally regarded as immoral or obscene we would never see it in public media coverage of sports events!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:16 am

I agree. I only use that term to describe how some of the people I know feel about them.

Bostonswimmer
United States of America

Post by Bostonswimmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Most of my friends and family know due to my Facebook postings of me on vacation. Of course I’m always cognizant of the fact that they will be looking at my postings so I make sure all the photos with me and other guys are all in good taste.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm

I can't imagine "scandalous" being used to describe swimwear or any clothing item really. But maybe people talk different in America?

If a female celeb wears a low-cut dress, is it scandalous? Maybe "revealing", "daring", "racy". Can clothing be "shocking"? I doubt it. Unless, of course, it's something no one has seen before. (The first string bikinis?) If yours is the first ever speedo seen by a certain demographic, then yes, it might be "scandalous".

Speedos have been around a long time, however. They probably fall more in the "flattering" or "unflattering" basket.

Recently, our PM was photographed in boxer-brief style swimwear (a sort of compromise between speedos and boardies). Our PM is 63 and the press gave him the thumbs up - he looks good for his age in an appropriate choice of suit. :P

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:20 am

blueflinch wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm
I can't imagine "scandalous" being used to describe swimwear or any clothing item really. But maybe people talk different in America?
Don't forget that the U.S. is by far the most religious/conservative country in the western world. This "Puritanical" ideology is prevalent in so much of our national discourse. We don't allow cursing or nudity on non-cable television, we would never (at least currently) elect someone who isn't a Christian to national office, and we tend to be relatively conservative in our choices of clothing.

Not to delve into politics or anything, but we're a pretty conservative country, especially when compared to other western democracies.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Hard to imagine without being in that particular environment ...

Are there any legal nude beaches in the States?

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 pm

52dno98, I have met a few Americans and I must say that they are some of the most outgoing people that I have ever met. Lol.
Yet as you say very conservative in other ways.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm

I live in a very religious area where “immodesty” is very much looked down on. I know of people who do not approve of women wearing two piece swimsuits, men in speedos and even men in tank tops while working out or men being shirtless except when swimming. Also a lot of parents make their boys wear t shirts along with their board shorts while swimming. I known of privately owned facilities where women are required to wear modest one piece swim suits or else where shorts and t shirts over their swim suits and men are required to wear swim suits that sit at the waist and are not form fitting or brief. So when I say scandalous, the above people would think that me wearing a speedo is scandalous.

Yes there are legal nude beaches in the US and there are even a lot of natural hot springs out in the wilderness where clothing is not required.

I was surprised to learn recently that in 31 states it is legal for women to be topless in places where men can be topless My state being one of them. Although local areas within a state can ban female toplessness.