G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends seeing you in a speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rockman748

Re: Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by rockman748 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:45 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm
I live in a very religious area where “immodesty” is very much looked down on. I know of people who do not approve of women wearing two piece swimsuits, men in speedos and even men in tank tops while working out or men being shirtless except when swimming. Also a lot of parents make their boys wear t shirts along with their board shorts while swimming. I known of privately owned facilities where women are required to wear modest one piece swim suits or else where shorts and t shirts over their swim suits and men are required to wear swim suits that sit at the waist and are not form fitting or brief. So when I say scandalous, the above people would think that me wearing a speedo is scandalous.

Yes there are legal nude beaches in the US and there are even a lot of natural hot springs out in the wilderness where clothing is not required.

I was surprised to learn recently that in 31 states it is legal for women to be topless in places where men can be topless My state being one of them. Although local areas within a state can ban female toplessness.
I think that the North West is a little bit more conservative than other parts of the US. I live on the middle of the east coast, but I have been to California and can say that all the teens are wearing thong bikinis there. Where I live a lot of people will wear thong bikinis is they're at their friends houses, but at the beach it tends to be more full coverage bottoms. If you're on a boat then it's usually a thong though. Most of the guys where I'm from will wear board shorts on the beach, but for the most part it's only the fatter people who will wear shirts while swimming and I don't think anyone really is upset at the fact they feel self conscious.

It is starting to become more "liberal" in the way girls dress in the last couple of years with sheer shirts beginning to be more popular, as well as mens shorts I think are becoming a little shorter, especially the swimwear. I have seen a couple of guys on the beach wearing speedos a few years ago, but that was an exception to normal. I have worn an aussiebum surfing a couple of times to the beach, but never with friends around. I think the hotter the climate, the more revealing the clothing is becoming.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

I would imagine that both coasts are more liberal than most of the country.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Wow I think I kinda get around a little bit, have been all over America these last forty years now and one thing I've almost always done everywhere is go for my evening swim workout. I choose my hotels not by what their pool is like because they're all stupid crap of no use to me, I want to be near a real short course (at least) competition pool with adult lap swim. So many cities have a dozen choices within twenty miles; my only regret is that I'm only in town for a week and can only visit seven of them! Not only do I swim there but check the place out pretty good, some are really cool and have great ideas for when I win Powerball and build my own.... LOL...
I have yet to see any sort of minimal swimsuit requirement posted, I have never seen gals ejected for wearing a one piece or bikini and I have never heard of guys being required to wear big shorts or boys to wear a tee shirt. I most certainly do see people wearing something a little too skimpy (in my opinion) for their body type but I have never seen anyone hassled for it.
So I'd love to have the name and location of any public swimming venue in the United States that has any such rules. I'll visit them online and see what I can find.
Once near Vancouver BC I wanted to get wet with the local skinny dip club at a public pool, I found the club online and thought I could waltz right in and join them. But, I was wrong. Non members can be invited as guests by members. I didn't notice that in the rules posted online or I could have emailed someone and horned in, I'm sure. So we're kind of topic now but oh well, sorry.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

I had a religious upbringing, so am familiar with the "no two-piece" rule for girls. Maybe that's more of a church-inspired thing? We had no rules regarding T-shirts or speedos. If a guy wears a T-shirt in pool, it would be for sun protection ...

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 am

BJE wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm
I live in a very religious area where “immodesty” is very much looked down on. I know of people who do not approve of women wearing two piece swimsuits, men in speedos and even men in tank tops while working out or men being shirtless except when swimming. Also a lot of parents make their boys wear t shirts along with their board shorts while swimming. I known of privately owned facilities where women are required to wear modest one piece swim suits or else where shorts and t shirts over their swim suits and men are required to wear swim suits that sit at the waist and are not form fitting or brief. So when I say scandalous, the above people would think that me wearing a speedo is scandalous.
My oh my. Perhaps wearing a speedo is an act of... shall we say... SATAN!?
churchlady shame shame.png
churchlady shame shame.png (261.93 KiB) Viewed 7769 times
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am

diveguy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 am
My oh my. Perhaps wearing a speedo is an act of... shall we say... SATAN!?
Yeah. Speedos demonstrate very clearly that men have genitals. And genitals are dirty and are used in S-E-X, which we all know is dirty and should never be acknowledged or talked about.

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek, of course)

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm

My son’s orthodontist saw me this evening in a speedo at the athletic club hot tub

speed-oh
United States of America

Post by speed-oh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm
My son’s orthodontist saw me this evening in a speedo at the athletic club hot tub

What was he wearing?? Did you guys chat at all?? ;)

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:32 pm

speed-oh wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm
BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm

What was he wearing?? Did you guys chat at all?? ;)
He was sitting in the indoor hot tub and I said helo as I walked past to go to the outdoor hot tub. I didn’t see what he was wearing nor did I stop to chat. However I’ve only ever seen one man besides myself in a speedo at my athletic club.

Usually when we see each other there he is playing racquetball and I’m doing taekwondo or we are both lifting weights.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 am

Friends with who I do exercise with have already seen me in speedos. Usually its no issue since we all do sport together and they are used to such attire.

My non-sport friends have not seen me in speedos, mainly because I still haven't been brave enough to strip to my speedos in a BBQ or Pool Party. I find that people accept speedos more easily in the context of sport, but not in the context of leisure.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:50 am

Mitch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 am
Nice sounds like a big facility you go to. Wish my gym was like that.
The main floor has locker rooms with steam rooms, saunas and hot tubs, a ladies only workout area, indoor and outdoor pools and outdoor hot tub, basketball court and racquetball courts also tanning rooms, red light rooms, massage rooms, a day care, children's workout area, an exercise class studio and an eating area. The second floor has free weights, weight machines, tread mills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, a spinning room, yoga studio, Pilates studio, fitwall, aerobic circuit etc. In a separate building are tennis courts.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 am

Pretty much all my friends have seen me in my speedos, it's quite common knowledge among my circle of friends that I'm an avid speedo wearer when working and swimming. I even did the annual sea christmas dip in a speedo with them this year.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 pm

I even did the annual sea christmas dip in a speedo with them this year.
[/quote]

That was brave!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am

Nate wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 am
Pretty much all my friends have seen me in my speedos, it's quite common knowledge among my circle of friends that I'm an avid speedo wearer when working and swimming. I even did the annual sea christmas dip in a speedo with them this year.
In Wales? You deserve a medal mate. I’m making excuses not to go in the sea in a wetsuit!

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:42 am

Latestarter wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am
Nate wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 am
In Wales? You deserve a medal mate. I’m making excuses not to go in the sea in a wetsuit!
Haha! Yes, it was rather chilly. Literally a quick run in and an even quicker run out.

I've got some better photos than that but my mates are in them and I'm not sure they'd appreciate me posting their photos up on this site - so i'll see if i can edit them out and then i'll post more from the swim.

Rolo336699
Great Britain

Post by Rolo336699 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Nice ...you wearing red speedos ..they look great ... Where did you get them?

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Rolo336699 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 pm
Nice ...you wearing red speedos ..they look great ... Where did you get them?
I think they were just from speedo.co.uk I went for red to match the Christmas hat haha

Rolo336699
Great Britain

Post by Rolo336699 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 am

They're a good match... I'll have to see if I can find a pair like that ....any other pics?

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 am
Friends with who I do exercise with have already seen me in speedos. Usually its no issue since we all do sport together and they are used to such attire.

My non-sport friends have not seen me in speedos, mainly because I still haven't been brave enough to strip to my speedos in a BBQ or Pool Party. I find that people accept speedos more easily in the context of sport, but not in the context of leisure.
You need to host a pool party with a strict speedo-only dress code. :lol:

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:19 am
ncstr8male wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm
My wife is cool with me wearing a speedo. My oldest sister joined us on a beach trip once and made sure I was uncomfortable. Don't think I could do it in front of friends.
What was you sister wearing? A swimsuit, bikini, or a coverall?!

You look the perfect ambassador for a speedo (esp with your canine companion)!

I think it depends the circumstances for wearing in front of friends, at the pool swimming laps - no problem. At a pool party for work colleagues, poss not. Still no reason to go for the dork shorts though, a short pair of shorts instead.
My sister could be a model. With the perfect body. She was wearing a small 2 piece bikini. So she has no issues showing it off. Classic..... but be lives guys should cover up. Go figure