G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends seeing you in a speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

frankjath

Re: Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by frankjath » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm

I believe if they are supportive friends and family they should not care. I’m very lucky to have supportive friends and family. So I never censor what I feel like wearing, if its a speedo, thong, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Unfortunately my friends and family would take the piss out of me if they knew about my love for Speedos.
I don't even wear shorts around them just for that reason.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

I can understand why some guys think twice about this. But really, what sort of friends or family are going to give you agro for wearing speedos? Why live your life trying to fit in with your perceived ideas of what they might or might not find acceptable. If they are going to get upset or annoyed with you for wearing speedos at the pool then they're not the best of friends to have. True friends accept you as you are. As for family...
Speedos - the only way to swim...

lamoni1719
United States of America

Post by lamoni1719 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm

I live in utah, there are too many who dislike the idea of a speedo, even if they are used in sports. My wife can barely tolerate me in one. But still I like my speedo

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 am

lamoni1719 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm
I live in utah, there are too many who dislike the idea of a speedo, even if they are used in sports. My wife can barely tolerate me in one. But still I like my speedo
Good for you. Those around you need to get over their hang-ups and inhibitions.
Speedos - the only way to swim...

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:47 am

When I swam my laps one evening in Ogden last March I did not notice any resentment to my attire. As usual. I wonder why Salt Lake City would be any different. I'll find out next time I go through. Because I really enjoy trying a new pool everywhere I go, and of course I swim laps every night regardless where I am.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am

lamoni1719 wrote:
That whole attitude makes me wonder how those types of people think of a competitive platform diver wearing a speedo. The speedos those guys wear are often way skimpier than the speedos most guys would wear to swim laps in at the local fitness center. It still boggles my mind why tiny speedos are acceptable only in athletic competition. It's like saying the only people who should be allowed to drive cars should be race car drivers.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 am

swimmy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:47 am
When I swam my laps one evening in Ogden last March I did not notice any resentment to my attire. As usual. I wonder why Salt Lake City would be any different. I'll find out next time I go through. Because I really enjoy trying a new pool everywhere I go, and of course I swim laps every night regardless where I am.
I am familiar a little with Ogden, have done some work there years ago. My understanding, from talking to the locals there, was that Ogden is much more unbuttoned than most of the rest of Utah.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Bostonswimmer
United States of America

Post by Bostonswimmer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 am

I have been swimming at my local gym for years in a speedo. So my friends naturally just always assume I wear them. Sometimes when I go to the beach I will wear them and they’re not totally surprised. They just asked me if I care about getting strange looks which I never do

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:12 am

diveguy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am
lamoni1719 wrote:
That whole attitude makes me wonder how those types of people think of a competitive platform diver wearing a speedo. The speedos those guys wear are often way skimpier than the speedos most guys would wear to swim laps in at the local fitness center. It still boggles my mind why tiny speedos are acceptable only in athletic competition. It's like saying the only people who should be allowed to drive cars should be race car drivers.
Of course skimpy bikinis are acceptable on women almost anywhere. It's only men who are expected to be covered with baggy swim shorts. The fact is the typical speedo is just as modest or more modest on a man than a one piece suit is on a woman. Most bikinis are much skimpier than the average speedo.

Speedo acceptance is not helped by the fact that most men think they are unacceptable and won't wear them. If more men would wear them they would become commonplace and accepted.

I think what society has the hardest time accepting is that men have penises and that it's okay to acknowledge that by wearing swimwear that does not conceal that fact.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:01 am

BJE wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:12 am

I think what society has the hardest time accepting is that men have penises and that it's okay to acknowledge that by wearing swimwear that does not conceal that fact.
As I've said elsewhere on here, my wife saw me in my speedo once and said, "I can see which way your penis is pointing." I said, "So? I can see your nipples in your swimsuit."

As you said, BJE, here in the US we have a double standard when it comes to showing off our bodies. It's much more acceptable for a woman.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 am

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:01 am
BJE wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:12 am

As I've said elsewhere on here, my wife saw me in my speedo once and said, "I can see which way your penis is pointing." I said, "So? I can see your nipples in your swimsuit."

As you said, BJE, here in the US we have a double standard when it comes to showing off our bodies. It's much more acceptable for a woman.
I have the suit you are wearing in your avatar.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:53 pm

We just had a two day, overnight company meeting at a nearby hot springs resort. After a five star buffet dinner it was tubby time. The scenery was decent and a co worker and I wore speedos until at one time we were not. LOL. Good thing we were all pretty hammered... Three times we got out of the pools and walked into the bar for another round, dripping wet and laughing and bulging.... it was no problem. It was a hot springs resort.... Too fun!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:57 pm

:shock: Friends would complain if they didn't see me in a speedo .... :oops: :roll:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Another friend saw me in a speedo this past Thursday. No comments were made about it.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

BJE you have a fantastic body to wear them with.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm
BJE you have a fantastic body to wear them with.
Thank you.

We had just finished our taekwondo class and three of us were in the locker room changing and talking. I put on my speedo to go to the hot tub the other two got dressed. One of them had not seen me in one before, but said nothing. The other said nothing but has seen me before and has told me that I look like an Acapulco cliff diver.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:09 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:01 pm
Another friend saw me in a speedo this past Thursday. No comments were made about it.
He should have asked to borrow them. :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:10 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:01 am
Well played, sir. 8)

And a few years ago, Esquire magazine had a full page article as to how they thought seeing mens' nipples through t-shirts was gross. So I guess we aren't supposed to show any body part details through our clothes at all. :roll:
Long time Speedo® lover

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 am
I have the suit you are wearing in your avatar.
It's a great suit, isn't it? I have eight of the Tyr 2" suits. I was worried that they won't hold up to chlorine so I bought a bunch before Tyr stopped making them.