G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends seeing you in a speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:59 pm

I posted this vacation photo on Facebook then made it my profile picture. I got no comments on it and the only likes were from my wife and daughter. However, it is a subtle statement that I wear speedos whether or not my Facebook friends like it. I think it's pretty tasteful.

I think married women are afraid of liking a photo of a mostly naked man and men are afraid of seeming gay by liking such a photo.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:47 am

I have to say, thats a good picture!

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:40 am

Love that picture BJE! Very appropriate and tasteful way to show you wear them without appearing to flaunt the fact. Perfect on every level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:30 am

BJE, that's an awesome picture. I may try to recreate it myself. Classy and sexy.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 am

Great pic mate

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Thank you all for your compliments. Like I said, I didn't get any on Facebook.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 pm

You were spot on as to why people didn't like the pic, people might have liked it but didn't want to actually 'like' it! At least there are places like this forum where we can get support!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 pm

It is a great photo, and posting it on FB is cool. You should be proud to have a hot bod, there's nothing wrong with showing it. According to the avatars of our members, there are lots of fine male physiques in the club. Some are even exceptionally athletic and it isn't easy to maintain that. I've always wondered, what percentage of men have a super fit "speedo-worthy" (if you will) body? If I had to guess, it would be less than five percent. Any ideas?

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm

not many of my friends have seen me in them. ones that have are either complimenting me, not liking it, or just... keep their silence. the funniest one yet was a comment coming from one of my closest friends. she said "eww why are you wearing undies to the pool! that's so disgusting I can see your dick prints!" and I would reply to her "well don't stare you perverted bitch!" hahahaha she wanted to see my dick after and wouldn't drop it for 2 days (even formed an alliance with my other close friends who is also a girl and they demand to see a dick pic. in the end It didn't go as she hoped (if you know what I mean ;))

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 pm

swimmy wrote:It is a great photo, and posting it on FB is cool. You should be proud to have a hot bod, there's nothing wrong with showing it. According to the avatars of our members, there are lots of fine male physiques in the club. Some are even exceptionally athletic and it isn't easy to maintain that. I've always wondered, what percentage of men have a super fit "speedo-worthy" (if you will) body? If I had to guess, it would be less than five percent. Any ideas?
Thank you.

I read an estimate that only 2% of men have "six pack" abs. I don't think anyone has ever done any sort of official survey but from my observation I'd say 2% could be close. Among certain groups it would be higher but across all ages and activity levels of adult men it couldn't be very high.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 am

BJE wrote:
swimmy wrote:It is a great photo, and posting it on FB is cool. You should be proud to have a hot bod, there's nothing wrong with showing it. According to the avatars of our members, there are lots of fine male physiques in the club. Some are even exceptionally athletic and it isn't easy to maintain that. I've always wondered, what percentage of men have a super fit "speedo-worthy" (if you will) body? If I had to guess, it would be less than five percent. Any ideas?
Thank you.

I read an estimate that only 2% of men have "six pack" abs. I don't think anyone has ever done any sort of official survey but from my observation I'd say 2% could be close. Among certain groups it would be higher but across all ages and activity levels of adult men it couldn't be very high.
Schoolie 6packs would be a lot lot higher than 2%, especially boys but I think at Uni they all become 1 packs. :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:Schoolie 6packs would be a lot lot higher than 2%, especially boys but I think at Uni they all become 1 packs. :lol:
When I was in college, I recall a lot of my classmates discovered beer. Liquid carbs.

T
Long time Speedo® lover

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:35 pm

My 17 y.o. daughter and a few of her friends have seen me this summer. I don't really have any other close family, and never go to a pool with any friends. So, I am completely over worrying about who might see me in a speedo... Swim laps at the Y every week, and won't wear anything else.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:44 pm

BJE wrote: I read an estimate that only 2% of men have "six pack" abs. I don't think anyone has ever done any sort of official survey but from my observation I'd say 2% could be close. Among certain groups it would be higher but across all ages and activity levels of adult men it couldn't be very high.
Jeebus. Looking at this photo, I thought, "what's his body fat percentage?" and "how did he get such prominent serratus anterior muscles?"

You look great, BJE. Do just spend all day working out?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

52dno98 wrote:
BJE wrote: I read an estimate that only 2% of men have "six pack" abs. I don't think anyone has ever done any sort of official survey but from my observation I'd say 2% could be close. Among certain groups it would be higher but across all ages and activity levels of adult men it couldn't be very high.
Jeebus. Looking at this photo, I thought, "what's his body fat percentage?" and "how did he get such prominent serratus anterior muscles?"

You look great, BJE. Do just spend all day working out?
Thanks for the compliment.

I don't know what my body fat percent is, but that is just a number. What matters to me is how I look not my percent bodyfat number. I suppose the serratus definition comes perhaps from doing a lot of pull-ups and push-ups. I started lifting weights, running, swimming and such when I was about sixteen and have never stopped so thirty six years of working out have made me what I am today.

PS. I work out three to six days a week. Currently I'm swimming, doing calisthenics and practicing Taekwondo.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 pm

BJE wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 pm

To put things int perspective there is only one other man I ever see at the club where I go swimming who wears a speedo. He wears it lap swimming. I went on vacation for a week at Park City, Utah (of 2002 winter Olympic fame). I spent several hours a day at the pool and never saw anyone else in a speedo.

I'd say that in my entire life I've not seen more than a handful of men wearing speedos other than lap swimmers and those occasions were while I was on vacation somewhere, not locally.

I'd guess that most of the people who see me in a speedo have never seen another man in a speedo in person ever.
I wrote somewhere here recently about my local pool in Aus. About 90% of people who swim laps wear speedos, even the teenagers. It does have a fairly successful swimming club there though. A lot of younger kids just there for fun also wear speedos and the speedo trunks. Because it's so normal I never really think about it too much.

Interestingly though I went to a birthday in a country town two weeks ago and wore a shirt that is very 'on trend' at the moment, similar to the one below. I was surprised to receive a lot of negative comments about it from different people there like "is that a woman's shirt?" "looks like something Elton John would wear," and "it's a bit gay for my liking." These comments were mostly from women above 40. I was really surprised by how backward their attitudes were, and how forthright they were with a nearly complete stranger. I definitely don't think Speedos would go down well in that town.
Attachments
14350811_1835529413329078_392526213_n.jpg
14350811_1835529413329078_392526213_n.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 8914 times

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:29 am

swimsharkau wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 pm
I wrote somewhere here recently about my local pool in Aus. About 90% of people who swim laps wear speedos, even the teenagers. It does have a fairly successful swimming club there though. A lot of younger kids just there for fun also wear speedos and the speedo trunks. Because it's so normal I never really think about it too much.

Interestingly though I went to a birthday in a country town two weeks ago and wore a shirt that is very 'on trend' at the moment, similar to the one below. I was surprised to receive a lot of negative comments about it from different people there like "is that a woman's shirt?" "looks like something Elton John would wear," and "it's a bit gay for my liking." These comments were mostly from women above 40. I was really surprised by how backward their attitudes were, and how forthright they were with a nearly complete stranger. I definitely don't think Speedos would go down well in that town.
I pitty the American tourist visiting that town. Shirts no where even close as nice as this are a staple of every one of their wardrobes......
straight, married w/ kids.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:14 pm

swimsharkau wrote:
That style is very good looking. The people making comments need to get into a major city more often.

Tom
Long time Speedo® lover

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 am

swimsharkau wrote:
Hat, plain shirt, dirty blue jeans and boots. The uniform. :lol:

I don't know the town, but I bet they'd be checking you out and its only one step away from skinny dippin in a dam! :lol:

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:24 am

BJE wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 am
I know people who would be appalled by seeing me in a speedo and wouldn't hesitate to say so.
That says everything about them and nothing about you. If they call you out, point out their rudeness and let it at that.