G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends seeing you in a speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 am

I have normally avoided wearing a speedo in situations where friends would see me. However I have been wearing them exclusively at my athletic club. I've made a lot of friends at the club so gradually friends at the club have been seeing me in a swim brief. First it was my Taekwondo instructor who was in the pool when I went to the pool. We worked out in the pool together. Then three or four guys from Taekwondo have seen me in a swim brief in the locker room. Yesterday my wife, daughter and I were at the pool when a family we know came to the pool and saw me in a swim brief. The husband was wearing long swim shorts and the wife a very small bikini.

Anyway, none of my friends have commented or reacted strangly toward my speedo except one of the men said to me, you're so lean and tan you look like an Acapulco cliff diver. I googled Acapulco cliff diver and viewed images and thought to my self, yeah I do.

Now I only avoid wearing a speedo around extended family members. However, I have a female cousin who teaches a water aerobics class at the club and sees me regularly in a speedo. She has never commented on it.

SpeedoUSA

Re: Friends seeing you in a speedo

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 am

BJE, you would like to hear a compliment sometime!
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 am

SpeedoUSA wrote:BJE, you would like to hear a compliment sometime!
I'm content not hearing criticisms. I know people who would be appalled by seeing me in a speedo and wouldn't hesitate to say so.

It's interesting that there are people who think that a speedo is never appropriate anywhere at any time. I think they need to get over it.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 am

I would have many negative comments from family. One of my brothers and a friend met me at the beach one day when I was in a red speedo. He made sure to tell others in my family, and some made comments. My friend had seen me in them many times, even started wearing one of mine after a while. He did get his own and we went to the beach daily in them, about the only ones at that particular bech. I had also worn them one time with a bunch of friends to the beach after seeing one of them on his the day before. I didn't get any real comments from that day, though.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 am

my friends and family has never seen me in one, but they know i wear them as they been shoppign with me.

had a friend the other day saying how she doesnt like seeing men in speedos at the beach, but females in bikini was fine lol

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm a swimmer. I wear a Speedo Endurance. Or a Dolphin Ceres Racer. Very very rarely a jammer. Almost always a brief swimsuit though, never a posing thong. Because I'm a swimmer not so much an exhibitionist. Most all my friends have seen me in swim gear. We've been doing this for 47 years now. At the lake I'll wear boardshorts but lose them at the water's edge or in the boat.
Far as I know, nobody thinks I look too disgusting in a brief. I like how the ladies at the pool look at me and some guys do too. And I could care less what they are thinking.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 pm

The division where I work had a staff pool party at the home of one of the executives a few years ago. I was going to go for the speedo, but instead I wore some jammers. The next day, someone at the office approached me and said (and this is a direct quote), "We were shocked when we saw you....(I thought I'd had it at that this point).....were lean and muscular and could swim." I should have worn the speedos.
Long time Speedo® lover

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

I wouldn't care if my gay friends saw me in one, but not my other friends or family. When my physique is where I want it to be then maybe I wouldn't care if my friends or family saw me.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:I wouldn't care if my gay friends saw me in one, but not my other friends or family. When my physique is where I want it to be then maybe I wouldn't care if my friends or family saw me.
My reason for not wanting certain people to see me in a speedo has nothing to do with my physique and everything to do with the fact that they would be disgusted by scandalous swimwear and would tell me so.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 am

I have a mixed bag of people who have seen me in a speedo. A few of my wife's friends have seen me wearing them and some of my old coworkers when I had a get together at my house when I had a pool. As far as my close friends, one of them knows that I have worn them but I've never wore them in front of them. A few years ago I went on a trip to PR with my wife, and my friend with his then gf. I had commented before the trip that I was going to wear one, but I'm not sure how serious they thought I was. When we got there, my wife and I were on the beach before they got there. My friend's gf says "Hey, I thought you'd be in your speedo." I replied and said actually I was just about to take off my shorts. Right then, I pulled off my shorts to reveal my speedo. She said "at least you have the body to wear one." The following 3 days, I wore a different speedo each day and they said nothing at all. From there on out, I don't usually have a problem saying that I wear one, but I have never told my family.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:07 am

Wow, it amazes me a bit that people think like this.

I've always worn speedos, still wear speedos, anybody and everybody has seen me in speedos, some of my friends wear speedos, they're always called something else (eg Budgy Smugglers, Dick Stickers etc) but I've never had anything negative about them. Actually, the brand Budgy Smugglers are helping to bring them back again with manly designs for all of us extroverts! I remember having the chat with my bro = speedos at the pool, Boardies at the beach. I still do speedos at the beach. :lol:

Cuteandsmooth3

Post by Cuteandsmooth3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 am

The only one in my family who has seen me in my tiny suits is my wife; and she loves the look.
Another woman who once saw me in a tiny suit, liked the look.
However, me wearing tiny suits is private business for my wife and I.

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:48 am

A few of our close friends know since a few of us already do but after this summer there are a bunch of neighbors that now know. I take a master swim class at a neighborhood pool that a lot of our neighbors are also members of and I am sure they have seen me during swim class or one of the many times I have been swim laps at the pool, getting in and out and walking around in briefs. It definitely helps by having a supportive spouse. When a few neighbors have found out, my wife is quick to say who cares while my response is normally that I have no shame in wearing them or that it's part of my DNA (ie Mediterranean heritage) which normally get a chuckle out of everyone... I think at the end of the day, it's all good with my friends. With my family, I am not sure how it would go over. Maybe a little shock with my siblings and then they would probably get over it. They should remember that I did wear one as a young kid. We also have young swimmers in the family so it shouldn't be too big of a deal...
straight, married w/ kids.

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:17 pm

My wife and her family know and I have no problem wearing any speedo in front of them. I have very few select friends that know or have seen a picture of me wearing a speedo. I don't care if other friends know, I just don't go around sharing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm

shadowmn wrote:...My friend's gf says "Hey, I thought you'd be in your speedo." I replied and said actually I was just about to take off my shorts. Right then, I pulled off my shorts to reveal my speedo. She said "at least you have the body to wear one." The following 3 days, I wore a different speedo each day and they said nothing at all. From there on out, I don't usually have a problem saying that I wear one, but I have never told my family.
Awesome.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:58 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:Wow, it amazes me a bit that people think like this.
But Sam, remember, you live in Australia, not Peoria (a city in the Midwest U.S., though it does sound like another country, if not a planet).

Thom
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Thom wrote:
...:::sam:::... wrote:Wow, it amazes me a bit that people think like this.
But Sam, remember, you live in Australia, not Peoria (a city in the Midwest U.S., though it does sound like another country, if not a planet).

Thom
To put things int perspective there is only one other man I ever see at the club where I go swimming who wears a speedo. He wears it lap swimming. I went on vacation for a week at Park City, Utah (of 2002 winter Olympic fame). I spent several hours a day at the pool and never saw anyone else in a speedo.

I'd say that in my entire life I've not seen more than a handful of men wearing speedos other than lap swimmers and those occasions were while I was on vacation somewhere, not locally.

I'd guess that most of the people who see me in a speedo have never seen another man in a speedo in person ever.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Since I haven't worn anything other than a Speedo (or another brand) since college, anyone who's seen me at the beach, the pool, or the waterslides has seen me in a Speedo. Why would I stop wearing one just because I've had more trips around the sun?

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm working on my wife. She's seen me in the house in a speedo, but only briefly, but she seems to be warming to the idea. We're going on a weeklong vacation without our toddler son in a month and I'm going to try and wear on the beach there- at least a day or two.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Well for me just posted a new picture of myself in my square cuts from Funky Trunks over the weekend on Facebook and got probably one negative remark. Oddly at my campout got one straight guy to wear one my trunks and he loved the attention.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk