G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

A resurgence.....

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

ricardo871
Australia

A resurgence.....

Post by ricardo871 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm

I don't know if it's just me or if there seems to be a slow but noticeable return to speedos in swimming?
In a lot of swim events on an international level there are now at least one or two guys in speedos as opposed to those awful jammers and square cuts. A quick search through Instagram or social media reveals the same, and I've even noticed on a local level that heaps of young guys in swim teams and competitions are wearing speedos again where 5 years ago they were wearing jammers/square cuts.
I think this is a great trend personally lol let's encourage it. Guys shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies!

SpeedoUSA

Re: A resurgence.....

Post by SpeedoUSA » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm

ricardo871 wrote:I don't know if it's just me or if there seems to be a slow but noticeable return to speedos in swimming?
In a lot of swim events on an international level there are now at least one or two guys in speedos as opposed to those awful jammers and square cuts. A quick search through Instagram or social media reveals the same, and I've even noticed on a local level that heaps of young guys in swim teams and competitions are wearing speedos again where 5 years ago they were wearing jammers/square cuts.
I think this is a great trend personally lol let's encourage it. Guys shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Forums like this help... but the conservative USA takes time to catch up to the rest of the world! Speedo on ...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:11 am

I have noticed at my local pool that the swim brief is starting to appear more often and that board shorts and longer length shorts are starting to disappear and the shorter shorts are coming back.
Why shouldn't we wear a swim brief? Women wear Bikinis.
Long live the Speedo.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

PugLover41
United States of America

Post by PugLover41 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 am

Because women want all the attention. That is my theory as to why many women don't like speedos on men.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Never thought about it that way PuLover41. LOL

timinauckland
New Zealand

Post by timinauckland » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 am

PugLover41 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 am
Because women want all the attention. That is my theory as to why many women don't like speedos on men.
Don't need to care what some of the jealous women you don't know may think of you.
On the other hand, hot studs will always get away wearing anything. :lol:

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Got some photos and video of a high school meet in Arizona on Facebook today. I see one hundred percent speedos on the boys. https://www.facebook.com/paulene.simpso ... 358558001/

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 pm

PugLover41 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 am
It's probably true that a lot of men won't wear speedos because they don't want the attention.

burgundyspeedo
Australia

Post by burgundyspeedo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I think it depends where you go, competitive swimming and laps always have a pretty good speedo rate.
Do you see them more at the beach? I reckon thats where its won or lost

ricardo871
Australia

Post by ricardo871 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm

it's been a lot of younger guys in swim clubs wearing them, it's awesome haha

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 pm

I have noticed that more men are wearing either briefs or square cut trunk for swimming at my local pool.
But it seems to be the older generation doing this.
40yrs old +.