G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Gym Motivation

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

gx0100
Wales

Re: Gym Motivation

Post by gx0100 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:50 am

rozelle wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:01 am
I was always the small and skinny one in class and everyone bullied me calling me ugly and skeleton skinny so I promised myself that I'll be the complete opposite of that. And that has been my very strong goal that keeps me motivated.
I was always the small, skinny one. Still am, really.
I tried to do something about it a few years ago – my profile pic was taken during my gym days!
Unfortunately I became ill shortly afterwards and lost a whole lot of weight and I’ve struggled to get back to proper exercising. (Again, due to ill health.)

Your physique is amazing, though, and an inspiration to someone like me.

The last half of this year has been a good one for me and I’ve been feeling a lot better.
I’ve started going on walks in the country, increasing the distance and difficulty little by little, I’ve started going to the pool again (wearing speedos, of course, despite my skeletal appearance) and I’m building up my confidence and fitness to step into a gym and start exercising again.
I need and want to put weight on, gain definition and some muscles...

Thanks for th app idea. I’ll look up the different options!

Good luck to anyone else struggling with getting to the gym for whatever reason.
We can do it 💪🏼😀

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks guys I just need to go. I just turned 27 and I know it will get harder as I get older. I'm thinking about signing up for a program to work with a fitness instructor. Its only money but I think if I had an obligation to go I would. I'll post a pic of me currently.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Texas_swimmer wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am
.... I'll post a pic of me currently.
Actually, keeping a personal video log or pictures of your progress is a great way to stay self-motivated. Sometimes you have to see your own progress which is hard if you don't have anything to compare yourself to the before & after to keep yourself going! Remember to take a lot of photos at lots of different angles. Log when you took the photos so you can repeat the photo process each time (ie: photos, first thing in the morning). It was something I did a couple years ago and I still occasionally document my progress as I get older to make sure I am still physically on a good path.
straight, married w/ kids.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:15 am

Heres a picture of me currently. I dont look heavy but it says I weigh 158lbs.

IMG_20171018_085731_817.jpg
IMG_20171018_085731_817.jpg (85.57 KiB) Viewed 7439 times

MeSooQuiet
United States of America

Post by MeSooQuiet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 am

You look good. You still have a v taper and no love handles or that hard to get rid of lower back fat.

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 am

What are your goals? Maybe start a new post to document your progress? I remember you posting pics of yourself a few years ago so maybe your are are trying to get back to where you once were or if you have different goals? Either way, we all will cheer your on!

Good luck on the transformation or what ever your goals are! You can do it...
straight, married w/ kids.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:39 am

Texas_swimmer wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:15 am
Heres a picture of me currently. I dont look heavy but it says I weigh 158lbs.

IMG_20171018_085731_817.jpg
The only really bad thing about that picture is the ugly shorts.

But I imagine you'd tone up pretty quickly if you just made it a priority. The muscle still seems to be there, it's just gotten soft. Getting to post an "after" picture where you decide you look good enough to be in a speedo instead of the bloomers ought to be motivation enough.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:39 pm

I have a strange relationship with the gym. Usually people find going to the gym tiresome, exhausting, difficult etc. I feel the complete opposite.

I don't take my phone, or don't talk to anybody when I'm there and I don't know anyone either - I like it that way.

For me, even when I'm huffing/puffing/lifting kgs I feel relaxed because the gym is the only place I don't have to answer a call, talk to people, do work, run errands etc. I treat the gym as an escape from the regular stresses of life - 45mins of me time.

If you look at it this way it becomes easy to go. Sort of like a personal time out, with the added benefit of getting fit. I still have a plan of what I am going to do when I get there, and I do go to exercise/achieve a fitness goal, I just don't look at it as a chore...

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 am

Hi swimsharkau,
Thanks for that, I am going to try going back to the gym this week.
I never thought about it like that. I am going to try that.
By the way the avatar picture is fab, love the speedos.
What brand are they?
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 am

swimsharkau wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:39 pm
I have a strange relationship with the gym. Usually people find going to the gym tiresome, exhausting, difficult etc. I feel the complete opposite.

I don't take my phone, or don't talk to anybody when I'm there and I don't know anyone either - I like it that way.

For me, even when I'm huffing/puffing/lifting kgs I feel relaxed because the gym is the only place I don't have to answer a call, talk to people, do work, run errands etc. I treat the gym as an escape from the regular stresses of life - 45mins of me time.

If you look at it this way it becomes easy to go. Sort of like a personal time out, with the added benefit of getting fit. I still have a plan of what I am going to do when I get there, and I do go to exercise/achieve a fitness goal, I just don't look at it as a chore...
I feel the same way. I'm amazed at how many people spend their gym time on their mobile/smart phone - often blocking equipment in the process. Can't they put the bloody thing down for more than a minute!!! I don't take the phone in there.

I have a routine of exercises that can take up to two hours to go through - longer if I'm feeling a bit slow, or I get distracted by what's whoing on one of the many TVs. It's quality time to relax, and try to stay in some sort of shape. I always go for a swim afterwards - 50m pool, and often quiet at certain times of the day. I come out feeling a hell of a lot better than when I went in. If it's later on in the day and I'm a bit tired I have a rest (power nap) before I go training - then I feel like I'm ready.

The gym is quality time - if it becomes a chore there's something wrong, so you need to work out what it is and sort it. Perhaps the environment makes a difference - many gyms I've been in are either too small to have much variety, or just cavernous with a cold feel. The place I use now is huge, has loads of equipment, and "mood" lighting, all of which kind of helps.
Speedos - the only way to swim...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 am
A slightly different tack, try to do exercise with a purpose rather than as an extra activity. Cycle or run to work, or cycle somewhere instead of taking the car. Walk for the groceries etc
I recently read an article in the New York Time that said that steady physical activity like cycling or walking has a positive effect on brain neurology, more so than resistance or interval training. So, it's good for mind and body. I've forgotten the duration that was effective. Even standing at a desk is better than sitting at one.

T
Long time Speedo® lover

delelan

Post by delelan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm

My gym motivation is I love being in the water. Absolutely love the feeling of gliding through the water and being weightless. If I'm not doing laps then I'm doing core exercises in the water. The gym is my time away from the everyday and gives me relaxation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 pm

delelan wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm
My gym motivation is I love being in the water. Absolutely love the feeling of gliding through the water and being weightless. If I'm not doing laps then I'm doing core exercises in the water. The gym is my time away from the everyday and gives me relaxation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Being in the water is better than taking a vacation. It's the time I can disconnect from everything. It's better than meditation or exercising on land.
Long time Speedo® lover

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey everyone I lost 20lbs due to changing my eating habits and cutting soda out. I was 160lbs now I'm 140lbs again. I'm going to start to the gym again.Image

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm

That is excellent Texas

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:19 am

you look fantastic! congrats!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:19 am

Texas_swimmer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:33 pm
Hey everyone I lost 20lbs due to changing my eating habits and cutting soda out. I was 160lbs now I'm 140lbs again. I'm going to start to the gym again.
Awesome!!! Yes, the best way to lose weight is to reduce calorie/carb intake. It takes a lot of exercise to burn off calories/carbs. The fastest way to weight reduction is to reduce them.
Long time Speedo® lover

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 am

Texas_swimmer wrote:
Hey everyone I lost 20lbs due to changing my eating habits and cutting soda out. I was 160lbs now I'm 140lbs again. I'm going to start to the gym again.Image
Dude that’s awesome!! Looking good!

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 am

ReservedEnthusiast wrote:
Texas_swimmer wrote:
Dude that’s awesome!! Looking good!
Great job Texas! Now for a real start for bigger results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks all.