G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Getting back to Speedo fit

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Triguy2004
United States of America

Re: Getting back to Speedo fit

Post by Triguy2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:04 pm

From SW Fla here. I swam in the gulf last Sunday. Now its 45 degrees and rainy. We should be able to swim in the gulf again by this Sunday. Full wetsuit this time!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

BRRRR. One of my coaches/teammates is a cold water swimmer. He competes in the European Ice Water swims where they cut an "official" short course out of a frozen lake and hold 25 meter races.
In their speedos. He wants to hold such an event here. And me to compete.
No thanks.
Have fun.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Mitch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:18 am
Where are you guys from Lower south west corner of Michigan USA here. Cold as hell. -10 degrees yesterday’ and lots of snow.
On a clear day I can see the whitecapped peaks of Glacier National Park from a hill near my house.
This time of year I don't wear my speedo outside, I go naked from the bedroom to the hot tub on the deck just out the door. Quickly.
I suppose I could shovel the driveway in my speedo. For a minute or two. Nobody around here would be too shocked. I live in a fun neighborhood.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:59 pm

I get my cardio from swimming and taekwondo. However, lifting weights can be good cardio too if you don't spend too much time resting. Weight lifting can be a lot like high intensity interval training.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 am

Don’t know if anyone else would be up for this or not but as you can see I’ve let myself go a bit. Just out the pool and as you can see abs are invisible and theres a roll hanging over the trunks. Intend to work on this Anyone in the same boat up for posting a monthly picture showing progress (or not) as the case may be?

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 am

If that is a roll over you trunks mine must be a cliff hanger son. I am 18st 10lb (262lbs). Honest you look in great shape.
This time last year I was 19st 10lbs (276lbs).
I will post a pic just before I start the gym and every month to trace my progress if others will?
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 am

Was 12stone 2 in 0ctober which was still a bit over. Last time I looked I was 12 10. Frightened to look now. What height are you speedoaddict? 5 10 here

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:11 am

swimmy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 am
Looking at your profile photo, I'd venture a guess that you know how to achieve a fine physique. Maybe you've let it slip since then but you know how to get it back. Do it! Remember it gets more difficult and eventually impossible as you age, and that what you're feeding yourself is a huge factor.
Please, also encourage others to do likewise and set a good example for the younger ones.
Thanks. I had a good starting point when I joined the gym because I had spent a lot of effort cleaning up my diet. I agree with you 100% on that! I believe fat/weight issues are best solved in the kitchen, with muscle issues solved in the gym.

As I got further into health/fitness/weightlifting, I tried to motivate others around me, but I've found that many people cling to their comfortable excuses. I now stick to quietly setting an example, rather actively convincing anyone to do anything! They know I'll gladly help, if they want it.

So, props to everyone here who doesn't need more convincing to improve!

(btw... I'm 5-10, 135 lbs, and slowly adding about 1.3 lbs of lean muscle per month!)
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 am

Latestarter wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 am
Don’t know if anyone else would be up for this or not but as you can see I’ve let myself go a bit. Just out the pool and as you can see abs are invisible and theres a roll hanging over the trunks. Intend to work on this Anyone in the same boat up for posting a monthly picture showing progress (or not) as the case may be?
I’m in for this. However I’ll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:06 am

Better idea. I’ll repost there BJE

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Corking idea son. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 pm

I like that idea, too.
Last edited by ChicagoDan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 am

BJE wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 pm
... at my age I have to be careful about what I do in order to not injure myself or flare up old injuries. Knees, shoulders, back etc.
Now in my mid 50s myself, this is my biggest fear about starting to work out again. I have not done any serious exercising in at least 10 or 12 years, cancelled my gym memberships because it was a waste of money to keep paying and never go, and now at this age, I have no idea where to start or how to get back into it. Last thing I want to do is fuck up my knees, shoulders, or other joints by overdoing the work outs.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 am

Latestarter wrote:
... as you can see I’ve let myself go a bit. Just out the pool and as you can see abs are invisible and theres a roll hanging over the trunks. ...
Count your blessings that your "roll" doesn't seem to amount to much more than love handles and a soft belly. But it doesn't appear to be a large beer gut. My stomach protrudes out like I'm showing 6 months pregnant. To make matters worse, I'm skinny overall, so it's just this round, extended belly hanging out and everything else looks slender. I wish the fat were at least more better distributed, it would make me look more normal instead of this weird pregnant looking man with no boobs.

By the way, I love the suit in your picture. What brand is it?? It's the size and cut I would want to wear anywhere I would prefer not to wear a speedo, such as friend and family pool parties, community beach events, etc.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 am

diveguy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 am
Latestarter wrote:
... as you can see I’ve let myself go a bit. Just out the pool and as you can see abs are invisible and theres a roll hanging over the trunks. ...
Count your blessings that your "roll" doesn't seem to amount to much more than love handles and a soft belly. But it doesn't appear to be a large beer gut. My stomach protrudes out like I'm showing 6 months pregnant. To make matters worse, I'm skinny overall, so it's just this round, extended belly hanging out and everything else looks slender. I wish the fat were at least more better distributed, it would make me look more normal instead of this weird pregnant looking man with no boobs.

By the way, I love the suit in your picture. What brand is it?? It's the size and cut I would want to wear anywhere I would prefer not to wear a speedo, such as friend and family pool parties, community beach events, etc.
Start with small steps Diveguy. If your problem is just a belly that might be easier than you think and you could see results quickly. Suit is speedo brand. Nothing on it to tell me any more had it a couple of years so it’s past it now but use it at my local pool

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 am

diveguy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 am
BJE wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 pm
... at my age I have to be careful about what I do in order to not injure myself or flare up old injuries. Knees, shoulders, back etc.
Now in my mid 50s myself, this is my biggest fear about starting to work out again. I have not done any serious exercising in at least 10 or 12 years, cancelled my gym memberships because it was a waste of money to keep paying and never go, and now at this age, I have no idea where to start or how to get back into it. Last thing I want to do is fuck up my knees, shoulders, or other joints by overdoing the work outs.
My suggestion would be to pick out a good weight lifting program then lift light weights and high reps. Over time add weight and decrease reps but never go to really heavy weights. You really can’t injure yourself with light weights. As far as cardio swimming is always good. Walking on a treadmill or cycling aren’t likely to cause injury either.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am

If your gym has a good personal trainer, that is the way to go at first. The ones at (hospital owned) center I go to specialize in rehab from injury and illness so they are a little gentler perhaps. They will help you get your diet in synch with your workout too. And yes, swimming is the best form of exercise I know of. But you have to wear a speedo...

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 am

Diveguy. I agree with what Swimmy says but don’t let age put you off. You can certainly get into running/jogging as long as you are sensible. I was 14 stone when I started running in my mid 40s. (168 pounds). I’m now a fairly decent runner, have done over 40 miles this week and aiming to get sub 40 mins in a 10k this year. It’s a great way to shift the flab - if I could only conquer my sweet tooth!
And like Swimmy says get some pics of you in a speedo up!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Nice avatar, LS. You look well on your way to speedo-fit to me. :P

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks blueflinch. The love handles need to go and who knows if there are still any abs in there?😀