G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Manscaping and the locker room.

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: Manscaping and the locker room.

Post by BJE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:10 pm

There is a hot tub, sauna and steam room in the men’s looked room at my gym. However everyone wears swimwear in them not naked.

Oddly enough the hot tub is right next to the showers therefore when you are in the hot tub there is an endless stream of naked men passing by on their way to and from the showers.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Mitch wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Oh god bje. For us bi gay guys that has to be like heaven
If you were there I'd be one you would see. I don't cover up going to and from the showers but just to clarify, I am neither bi nor gay.
Last edited by BJE on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Mitch wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 pm
Nice I know your straight. We’ve chatted before. You would see me just as well
I just wanted to clarify to others that when you said "us bi gay guys" you weren't referring to me.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 am

Most seem short trimmed at the pool, or old guys (excessively naked for half an hour to ensure everyone sees) with thinned hair so it doesn't really show anyway.
You sort of have to if Speedos will be common attire, shorts wearers might not but they tend to not get changed at all or do the towel dance south don't know.

Lap swimming and cycling are the two sports where guys havent been afraid of body hair trimming long before the rest of society caught up.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:19 am

I dont mind being seen naked in the locker room, and I occasionally shave in the steam room. But there is a unsaid "shave in public places" etiquette that many people sadly don't follow.

IF I shave in a public place, I MAKE SURE THAT I CLEAN UP AFTER DOING SO. Sadly some people just leave their trimmed/shaved hair lying around in the steam room benches or floor.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:50 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:19 am
I dont mind being seen naked in the locker room, and I occasionally shave in the steam room. But there is a unsaid "shave in public places" etiquette that many people sadly don't follow.

IF I shave in a public place, I MAKE SURE THAT I CLEAN UP AFTER DOING SO. Sadly some people just leave their trimmed/shaved hair lying around in the steam room benches or floor.
I'm very not familiar with this idea of trimming or shaving in public places, is it actually ok to trim in the steam room? Why steam room? And when we trim some hair usually fly around to odd places so they don't always fall in the same spot so how do you clean those? I mean if you trim in a steam room you can't clean it real good cause it's steamy and it's hard to see no?

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 am

My local steam room has two sinks which are equipped with a mirror each. Some men will bring in their electric shaving machines and do a quick beard trim. Some others will bring in their soap and razor, wait until the steam opens up their pores and shave their faces. Some others will shave their pubes. Needles to say, not everyone cleans up after themselves.

I like shaving in the steam room since the open pores make for a cleaner shave. It really makes shaving easier and it really makes a difference.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 am
My local steam room has two sinks which are equipped with a mirror each. Some men will bring in their electric shaving machines and do a quick beard trim. Some others will bring in their soap and razor, wait until the steam opens up their pores and shave their faces. Some others will shave their pubes. Needles to say, not everyone cleans up after themselves.

I like shaving in the steam room since the open pores make for a cleaner shave. It really makes shaving easier and it really makes a difference.
We don't have anything like this in Australia. But if I ever go to Germany, I will be forewarned and thus prepared! :P

Love your avatar by the way, Simone. 8)

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I have never had problem being seen naked in front of others. When I grew up, every one showered after gym or practice from whatever sports we played. I don't understand the fear of being seen nude from the younger guys these days, we all have the same equipment, after all.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 pm

ChicagoDan wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm
we all have the same equipment, after all.
Well said. Although some of us might have larger versions of said equipment! :lol:

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm

blueflinch wrote:
ChicagoDan wrote:
Well said. Although some of us might have larger versions of said equipment!
And some of kus might be curved to one side or the other, cut or uncut, hairy or not...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm
blueflinch wrote:
ChicagoDan wrote:
Well said. Although some of us might have larger versions of said equipment!
And some of kus might be curved to one side or the other, cut or uncut, hairy or not...

However, my original questionn was this. If you trim or shave does it make you feel conspicuous being seen naked?

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 am

BJE wrote:
SpeedoSimone wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm
blueflinch wrote: Well said. Although some of us might have larger versions of said equipment!

However, my original questionn was this. If you trim or shave does it make you feel conspicuous being seen naked?
I usualy trim at home as I like how it looks. Being groomed down there gives me a bit more confidence when being naked in front of others, which makes public nudity easier for me. Sometines however, I forget to change the Trimmers milimeter settings and I accidentaly trimm so short that I end up shaving all of my pubic hair. When I am fully shaved Im a bit more selfaware. I dont feel so comfortable being nude around other people because I dont like the "full shave" look on me. I hope this makes sense for you guys.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 am

Perfect sense to me Simone. I shave my balls and trim my pubes but sometimes if you find yourself in a communal shower with a group of guys who are clearly not into grooming you can feel conspicuous

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 am

Does shaving/trimming make one more self-conscious in the locker room? Yes and no I'd say.

I think it would make things more conspicuous down there generally. Just as the sky is more conspicuous if you cut down the forest! :lol: Man-scaping could make your willy look bigger and thus more conspicuous to other men. Also, it might more you more excitable, shall we say, prone to a semi-on, and therefore more conspicuous to other men.

On the other hand, if you're used to trimming and trimming is the norm, it won't make you more conspicuous ...

Really depends on the group norm, willy size, and whether you get turned on by the thought/feeling of showing off a clean landing strip. :lol: :mrgreen:

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:46 am

I am with you Simone - shave smooth the bits that dangle and short trim the body - it looks neat, sexy and like you care, while still looking masculine. I am very comfortable walking around or being seen naked when I am like that.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

Yes, I feel conspicuous. Most of the guys at my gym who shower are older and definitely do not manscape! Most of the younger guys (who I suspect might manscape) seem to avoid showering at the gym. And if they do change in the locker room, they usually change under a towel to avoid being seen. So being 49, and being a speedo swimmer (which is not common at my gym), I often wonder what they might be thinking.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

One more reason why I dont like the full shave look for me, is that all of my swimming buddies already see me naked 3x a week. I guess they are already used to seeing me with pubic hair. If one day I get to the showers and they see me fully shaved, I wonder if they would comment or nor. It makes me a bit uneasy...

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am
One more reason why I dont like the full shave look for me, is that all of my swimming buddies already see me naked 3x a week. I guess they are already used to seeing me with pubic hair. If one day I get to the showers and they see me fully shaved, I wonder if they would comment or nor. It makes me a bit uneasy...

Your buddies might not recognize you without your pubes! "Who are you and what have you done with Simone?" Haha.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 am

I don't feel conspicuous at all. If somebody is interested to look, I just go on about my business.