G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

New swimmer

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

dacondor
United States of America

New swimmer

Post by dacondor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 am

Hey all trying to get some advice. Starting to get into real swimming instead of just for recreation, and would like some advice. As many of us know swimming can get very tiring very quickly so I was wondering how you guys built up to swim for good distances. For example did you start running to get stamina or just swim sort lengths to begin? The last time I went swimming I only swam about 100 meters and very slowly, I kept feeling like the lifeguard was watching me to make sure I wasn't going to drown lol. So after all that being said if you have any advice I'm open to the suggestions. Thanks and here are a couple speedo photos for making it this far :P
4a6483c3-644d-4b68-be5a-add484091143.jpg
4a6483c3-644d-4b68-be5a-add484091143.jpg (59.73 KiB) Viewed 7392 times
5bf12f39-dc59-479a-8526-095c712e543f.jpg
5bf12f39-dc59-479a-8526-095c712e543f.jpg (67.91 KiB) Viewed 7392 times

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Re: New swimmer

Post by SpeedoSimone » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 am

Something that worked for me was to swim a "Pyramide"

1x 25mts
Pause
1x 50mts
Pause
1x 100mts
Pause
1x 50 mts
Pause
1x 25mts
End

Doing this exeecise will increase your stamina. You can modify the pyramide as you like. Also, running will help you as it will generally make you more fit. But running and swimming are two very different type of exercises, so dont expect dramatic changes overnight.

Good luck!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 am

Keep practicing and work on the breathing. I used to get out of breath quickly which didn’t make sense as I’m a fairly decent distance runner. Though there is still a long way to go when I got the breathing better I could swim for miles. Cracking pics by the way

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 am

I can't offer you any swimming advice, Dacondor, as I'm not a professional swimmer. So I'll leave that to the other guys. However, you DO look incredibly hot and handsome in your speedo pics. Very nice, bro. If we were swimming in the same lane, I'd definitely swim faster to try and catch you up. 8)

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:42 am

Welcome to the forum! Great pics. What brand of suit are you wearing in the first pic?
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 am

I agree with the other comments - including on the pics!

Slowly build up swimming distance and take it easy at start with a pretty slow pace - even if you are generally fit. Work on stroke and breathing. It may feel like you are way slow slow slow at first but you will build in to distance and speed

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 am

LUV that ass in the first pic!

speedolover

Post by speedolover » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 am

Second picture is eye catching as well! Hope to see more of each

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am

First of all, can I say you look amazing! Fab photos. Where did you get the British Gas sponsored speedos? I've seen them on eBay for sky high prices.

Secondly, SpeedoSimone hit the nail on the head. Pyramids are the best way to build up your stamina. 25 - 50 -100 - 50 - 25, and then the next session do 25 - 50 -100 - 150 - 100 - 50 - 50 and so on and so forth.
That and continuous swimming, "one more length!" and then keep going. The more you swim, the easier it will become.

The Speedo website do some great training sets too that you should check out. You can tailor them to your distances and time available.

Hope that helps and good luck on your swimming!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 am

As a daily swimmer for almost fifty years and a certified coach at times I have to recommend swim lessons and some coaching. Actual swimming is all about technique, getting it right, getting rid of bad little twitches to the technique. This is done with nifty little drills that we know lots of... Other than that, some dryland training and exercises will most definitely improve stamina, endurance, speed, and lessen the chance of injury. That' a science all of its own. Good luck, work hard, swim a lot!

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Agree with everyone's advice. Take it in small steps and don't get discouraged. Gradually increase your distances. Other aerobic exercises will help your endurance, but since swimming uses your entire body, don't be surprised if you seem to get tired faster. Also, holding your breath, and keeping water out of your nose, all while exerting effort (like in a flip turn) is definitely unique to swimming, and it takes practice. But I have to say, at least for me, there is no other exercise that I do that feels so good afterwards as swimming. And gliding through the water in a speedo, can't match that exercise feeling anywhere!

dacondor
United States of America

Post by dacondor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks for all the comments and advice! Also, side note the guys in the pics are not me but I agree he is very good looking. The suit he is wearing is Aronik, a suit I have been wanting for a while but its around $90 and can't bring myself to spend that.

dacondor
United States of America

Post by dacondor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Also, sorry didn't mean to be deceiving like they were me just thought it would be fun to add some pictures I liked that I found on the internet.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:46 pm

You didn’t say they were you and they were good to look st so no problem there. Your avatar looks good too so Post away!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

dacondor wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 pm
Also, sorry didn't mean to be deceiving like they were me just thought it would be fun to add some pictures I liked that I found on the internet.
No problems. The model is very attractive anyway. I actually really like the speedos in the first pic ...

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 am

Fins can help, they just make swimming 10x easier. That's how I got my swimming experience off the ground. Of course, swimming without them is harder, but you can get technique basics down much easier. And if you don't pursue lessons, ask cute lifeguards if they have any tips after watching you. They're often bored to death anyway. That's carried me a long way.

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 am

No problem and I assumed the pics were not you since it was unlikely a guy in USA would have British gas speedos

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:35 pm

British Gas (UK version of Enron - not a reputable company) sponsored British Swimming for a while a few years back. Seemed bizarre to have that logo on a pair of swimming briefs, and rather funny (for about a minute...) when it was printed across the back of the briefs (think about it... ho ho). That one soon got old.
Speedos - the only way to swim...