G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How to explain all the speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoSimone
Germany

How to explain all the speedos

Post by SpeedoSimone » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 am

I bought my first speedo about 5 years ago, when I started swimming with my buddies. I already loved the look and had no issues wearing one in public. I quickly got bored with that first one and bought a new pair. 5 years later I own 9 pairs for no good reason.

How do you guys explain your speedo collections to your loved ones? Im not a professional swimmer, or a good one at that. I find it difficult to find an excuse about why I need to have 9 (or more) pairs for my swim training.

What do you guys tell your partners? Do they even ask why do you have so many pairs?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: How to explain all the speedos

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:47 am

I do not usually keep that many speedos, I buy and if I don't like them they get sold. If I like them then an older pair or two get sold. I think I have 7 atm, and 3 will be sold, although there are another couple of pairs on their way from aussiebum as we speak!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:21 am

I don’t have that many pairs either and some more suitable for local pool and some for holidays etc. And then what fits now hopefully will be a bit big by summer!

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 am

My Speedo supply usually hovers around 4-7. Different coverages, different colors, usually black/blue. Not an uncommon number among fitness swimmers, male of female. If one starts showing signs of wear, I'll use it a lot until it's finished. Then of course it's a great excuse for buying more. :)

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 am

Funny you should ask Simone. I just bought two more pairs yesterday, thinking, "I really don't need these." But they were a great price, and a style I liked that is on clearance. Uggh. I can't explain it. I don't keep all of mine in the same place to make it seem like I have less. Luckily my wife hasn't asked yet why I need so many. I do the same thing with underwear. Glad to know it's not just me!

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am

I have around 8 or 9 - mainly just for variety since I wear speedos all time for laying by po at home or on holiday or at beach. Some I only wear with partner since very brief or go see through when wet etc

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm

What's to explain? I have loads, and guys I know at the pool comment (sometimes only with their eyes) that I'm always wearing a different pair. I've noticed other guys with the same "obsession". People like to collect stuff, with me it's speedos. Just can't resist the different cuts and colours. I'm complimented that anyone notices to be honest - I've reached that certain age where I've become invisible in a society obsessed with youth, good looks and money (exibited by all the "bling" - oversized watches, Mr T style jewelry, massive multicoloured tatoos etc etc) none of which I have. Just my speedos... and I'm quite happy with them too!
Speedos - the only way to swim...

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm

As another "collector" and wearer, I am like speedobillyuk. Sometimes a new suit (or 2, 3, 4...) just catches your eye. Yes, I have way more than I can wear, but what's the harm? They have a practical use, so why try to explain.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 am
I quickly got bored with that first one and bought a new pair. 5 years later I own 9 pairs for no good reason.
Nine pair isn't at all unreasonable if you ask me. That's 3 pair for swimming, 3 pair for sunbathing, and 3 pair for fashion! :lol:

If your speedos are different designs, you could just say you like all the designs. I don't think a partner would worry much.

If you have forty or fifty pair, you might have some explaining to do ... :shock: :lol:

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Ugh!!! I think I might have a problem!! LOL. I have about 50 different pairs. Nobody has ever comment on my variety of suits. Either they don't notice, or don't care

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

At last count I have about 55ish pairs, varying from conservative to backyard only.

It's fairly ridiculous considering I have now stopped swimming laps altogether. My partner hasn't ever questioned it and I never really talk about it.

Every now and then I get an "is that a new pair" look but nothing is ever said.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:05 am

I have roughly 30 suits, it got a bit of an addiction that I've had to reign in lately for financial reasons.

I get a few comments when I swim that some people have never seen me wear the same briefs twice - I tend to rotate alot between about 10-15 of the pairs. I think alot of people just think it's part of my job that it's always handy to have many different trunks as I'm in the water so often.

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am

Well I just counted and I have 23 pairs and I don't even swim recreationally. All of those just get worn under board shorts for the most part and only a couple have seen the light of sun themselves outside of tanning on the back porch. Almost all of them could be worn to the beach appropriately, but I'm just scared still of wearing them. I think that I get more hoping that one of them will finally give me the courage to wear them on the beach.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm

solarguy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:18 pm
Ugh!!! I think I might have a problem!! LOL. I have about 50 different pairs. Nobody has ever comment on my variety of suits. Either they don't notice, or don't care
But have you built a walk-in wardrobe for them yet? :lol:

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 pm

rockman748 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am
Well I just counted and I have 23 pairs and I don't even swim recreationally. All of those just get worn under board shorts for the most part and only a couple have seen the light of sun themselves outside of tanning on the back porch. Almost all of them could be worn to the beach appropriately, but I'm just scared still of wearing them. I think that I get more hoping that one of them will finally give me the courage to wear them on the beach.
Rockman sorry to hear they never see the light of day. As someone who wears them every where (beach, pool etc) can I suggest a few things - and in saying this I am
Mindful that everyone is different and that I grew up in Australia which is much more open Speedos.

May be try with a conservative plain black speedo (2 inch sides) and wear it on holiday or at a beach by yourself. No one knows you on holiday and you will never see the people again and generally in most holiday places they have seen speedos before. Hopefully once you see that no one comments or has anything negative to say it will give you more confidence and you can build from there. Wishing you all the best.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 pm

I am like most. I have a alot. Currently I swim laps so often that I change my pair every 3 months. Those worn out ones I use for hiking, I have more flashy ones. All in all I have about 10 to 15 but I keep adding each year. Sometimes giving some away to some of my friends

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

Dfwspeedo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 pm
rockman748 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am
Rockman sorry to hear they never see the light of day. As someone who wears them every where (beach, pool etc) can I suggest a few things - and in saying this I am
Mindful that everyone is different and that I grew up in Australia which is much more open Speedos.

May be try with a conservative plain black speedo (2 inch sides) and wear it on holiday or at a beach by yourself. No one knows you on holiday and you will never see the people again and generally in most holiday places they have seen speedos before. Hopefully once you see that no one comments or has anything negative to say it will give you more confidence and you can build from there. Wishing you all the best.
Well I do have some of those more conservative briefs. I like the feel of aussiebums' classic so I have some of their 2.5 inch briefs in forest, burgundy, black, red, miami, broome, coogee, plunge, horizon, royal blue, azure, navy, XS patriot, and portsea. Some of them have wonderjock in them, some of them do not. Those are the ones that I would consider safe to be worn at the beach with my favorites being the plunge, portsea, navy, black, forest, and coogee.

When I was in Cozumel last year I did wear my speedos at the beach for tanning, and did a little bit of snorkeling in them as well. I wore the coogee, azure, miami, and forest while I was there. It did feel good but only being there for a few days I didn't get to overcome my fear of being in them and I moved quickly from tanning to the beach.

I think that this year I will just go for it again with the way my work schedule will be this year I might be able to make it to the beach some more this year.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:57 pm

I was trying to justify this very same thing to myself recently, although being single and having no one else to explain it to, it’s only really me than knows. I’m just taken in by the various new colours, designs and patterns, so I very rarely buy 2 the same or similar. I’d been buying at least 2 to 3 pairs (a mix of Speedos, square cuts, jammers) a month, with the occasional mishap with ones not in best condition, iffy sizing etc. With 3 medium sized storage boxes, each full of speedos, square cuts and jammers.
Thing is, with health issues and other personal projects, I’d only been to the pool 3 times in the last year, and only wore one of the new pairs I bought the once.
But then I do also wear them as underwear, sleepwear, ‘other stuff’ and under shorts during the summer. I’ll also wear the jammers under my jeans when off down to a local river to play with a RC speed boat (yet another project I’ve been tinkering with and an excuse to spend time in and by the river during the summer) Stripping off the jeans and swapping them for a pair of shorts so I don’t go ruining them on the rough ground. As it’s guaranteed I’ll have to wade into the river at some point (only ever a foot of so deep) to retrieve it for whatever reason.
But then I tend to go through fazes of ‘collecting’ be it speedos, tools and other stuff. With it coming up to summer and owning a classic car, I’ve been buying a lot of car cleaning products recently.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

I have between 30-40 pairs of speedos.
The way I look at it is women have shoes, handbags, purses and make-up. I have speedos.
Simples. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm
I have between 30-40 pairs of speedos.
The way I look at it is women have shoes, handbags, purses and make-up. I have speedos.
Simples. Lol.
They are a sort of sexy collector's item, aren't they? :lol: 8)