G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How to explain all the speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimsharkau
Australia

Re: How to explain all the speedos

Post by swimsharkau » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

At last count I have about 55ish pairs, varying from conservative to backyard only.

It's fairly ridiculous considering I have now stopped swimming laps altogether. My partner hasn't ever questioned it and I never really talk about it.

Every now and then I get an "is that a new pair" look but nothing is ever said.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:05 am

I have roughly 30 suits, it got a bit of an addiction that I've had to reign in lately for financial reasons.

I get a few comments when I swim that some people have never seen me wear the same briefs twice - I tend to rotate alot between about 10-15 of the pairs. I think alot of people just think it's part of my job that it's always handy to have many different trunks as I'm in the water so often.

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am

Well I just counted and I have 23 pairs and I don't even swim recreationally. All of those just get worn under board shorts for the most part and only a couple have seen the light of sun themselves outside of tanning on the back porch. Almost all of them could be worn to the beach appropriately, but I'm just scared still of wearing them. I think that I get more hoping that one of them will finally give me the courage to wear them on the beach.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm

solarguy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:18 pm
Ugh!!! I think I might have a problem!! LOL. I have about 50 different pairs. Nobody has ever comment on my variety of suits. Either they don't notice, or don't care
But have you built a walk-in wardrobe for them yet? :lol:

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 pm

rockman748 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am
Well I just counted and I have 23 pairs and I don't even swim recreationally. All of those just get worn under board shorts for the most part and only a couple have seen the light of sun themselves outside of tanning on the back porch. Almost all of them could be worn to the beach appropriately, but I'm just scared still of wearing them. I think that I get more hoping that one of them will finally give me the courage to wear them on the beach.
Rockman sorry to hear they never see the light of day. As someone who wears them every where (beach, pool etc) can I suggest a few things - and in saying this I am
Mindful that everyone is different and that I grew up in Australia which is much more open Speedos.

May be try with a conservative plain black speedo (2 inch sides) and wear it on holiday or at a beach by yourself. No one knows you on holiday and you will never see the people again and generally in most holiday places they have seen speedos before. Hopefully once you see that no one comments or has anything negative to say it will give you more confidence and you can build from there. Wishing you all the best.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 pm

I am like most. I have a alot. Currently I swim laps so often that I change my pair every 3 months. Those worn out ones I use for hiking, I have more flashy ones. All in all I have about 10 to 15 but I keep adding each year. Sometimes giving some away to some of my friends

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

Dfwspeedo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 pm
rockman748 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 am
Rockman sorry to hear they never see the light of day. As someone who wears them every where (beach, pool etc) can I suggest a few things - and in saying this I am
Mindful that everyone is different and that I grew up in Australia which is much more open Speedos.

May be try with a conservative plain black speedo (2 inch sides) and wear it on holiday or at a beach by yourself. No one knows you on holiday and you will never see the people again and generally in most holiday places they have seen speedos before. Hopefully once you see that no one comments or has anything negative to say it will give you more confidence and you can build from there. Wishing you all the best.
Well I do have some of those more conservative briefs. I like the feel of aussiebums' classic so I have some of their 2.5 inch briefs in forest, burgundy, black, red, miami, broome, coogee, plunge, horizon, royal blue, azure, navy, XS patriot, and portsea. Some of them have wonderjock in them, some of them do not. Those are the ones that I would consider safe to be worn at the beach with my favorites being the plunge, portsea, navy, black, forest, and coogee.

When I was in Cozumel last year I did wear my speedos at the beach for tanning, and did a little bit of snorkeling in them as well. I wore the coogee, azure, miami, and forest while I was there. It did feel good but only being there for a few days I didn't get to overcome my fear of being in them and I moved quickly from tanning to the beach.

I think that this year I will just go for it again with the way my work schedule will be this year I might be able to make it to the beach some more this year.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:57 pm

I was trying to justify this very same thing to myself recently, although being single and having no one else to explain it to, it’s only really me than knows. I’m just taken in by the various new colours, designs and patterns, so I very rarely buy 2 the same or similar. I’d been buying at least 2 to 3 pairs (a mix of Speedos, square cuts, jammers) a month, with the occasional mishap with ones not in best condition, iffy sizing etc. With 3 medium sized storage boxes, each full of speedos, square cuts and jammers.
Thing is, with health issues and other personal projects, I’d only been to the pool 3 times in the last year, and only wore one of the new pairs I bought the once.
But then I do also wear them as underwear, sleepwear, ‘other stuff’ and under shorts during the summer. I’ll also wear the jammers under my jeans when off down to a local river to play with a RC speed boat (yet another project I’ve been tinkering with and an excuse to spend time in and by the river during the summer) Stripping off the jeans and swapping them for a pair of shorts so I don’t go ruining them on the rough ground. As it’s guaranteed I’ll have to wade into the river at some point (only ever a foot of so deep) to retrieve it for whatever reason.
But then I tend to go through fazes of ‘collecting’ be it speedos, tools and other stuff. With it coming up to summer and owning a classic car, I’ve been buying a lot of car cleaning products recently.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

I have between 30-40 pairs of speedos.
The way I look at it is women have shoes, handbags, purses and make-up. I have speedos.
Simples. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm
I have between 30-40 pairs of speedos.
The way I look at it is women have shoes, handbags, purses and make-up. I have speedos.
Simples. Lol.
They are a sort of sexy collector's item, aren't they? :lol: 8)

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Blueflinch I couldn't agree with you more.
There is nothing better than wearing pair of speedos.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm

My wife likes shoes and plants. I like speedo and bikini underwear. She understands that, and doesn't have a problem with it. She even helps pick them out sometimes.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 pm

lol straight up told my loved ones i have problems and are in love with them :P he doesnt care

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 pm
lol straight up told my loved ones i have problems and are in love with them :P he doesnt care
Then you're a lucky boy, Mazda. 8)

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm

I probably have around 35-40 suits. There's always one I see that looks like it could be that suit that I've been waiting for. I guess it will never end for me.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 am

I am the same Shadowmn, I just gave away 6 pairs of speedos to make way for some new ones this year. Will probably do the same next year. Next time I get rid of some to a new home I will post on here. First cum first served. Lol.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 am

I have too many. I'm always looking for the perfect suit with the perfect fit.

If someone pressed me on why I have so many, I'd just offer to share! Spread the love. (This strategy works best if your partner is the same gender and size!)
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:45 pm

ExBex wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 am
I have too many. I'm always looking for the perfect suit with the perfect fit.

If someone pressed me on why I have so many, I'd just offer to share! Spread the love. (This strategy works best if your partner is the same gender and size!)
Love the suit in your avatar, ExBex. :P

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 pm

I've never done a count on what I have, but I never seem to throw them out. They just transition from swimming to undies.
I've collected a lot because the chlorine fades Aussiebum nylon ones so much. About 1 term or a bit over until they're transparent like the ice blues, so I have heaps of old ones. I cut the linings out of these so I dont swim in them anymore, but have acidently worn them getting looks from the public and unrelated conversation from the lifeguards. I've got a few others that I've tried along the way and don't wear much which are in the drawer also, speedos and funky trunks mainly, the crap ones. I have a few school and club pairs that were never worn much unless there was a pool class, carnival or event. When I'm out social swimming or in events im now mainly in Budgy Smugglers, anything from swim group ones, to real out there ones like bright flouro yellow and flouro pink which are good for ocean and open water swimming in crowds to more ordinary colours and patterns that I wear just normally.

But to answer your question, I've really never had to explain having them all, some people just say that I've got lots and I just say that most of them are worn out. Mainly with Budgys I get called a bastard if I got a new pair or a "cool" but its not normally something we talk about much, even if I wear bright flouro yellow to an event.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 am

I have never thrown away a swimsuit either. I've given a few to buddies who needed one though. Often loan one to a team mate. My very first ones, probably four of them from when I was a kid were in my ski boat when it got stolen in 1984. I got the boat back in just a couple days but my speedos were gone. Really bums me out, they were my first age group swim team uniform, my championship high school team suit, my Mark Spitz Stars and Stripes, and my Go Navy team suit. I want them back.