G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hotel Pool in briefs?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

grammarcoast
Canada

Hotel Pool in briefs?

Post by grammarcoast » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm

May be having an hotel stay in a few weeks, one option has a fairly unique pool. It is half inside and half out divided by a wall you can swim under. It also looks to be long enough to get a few stokes in, maybe 20 yards. It is enticing!
Anyone hear have experience visiting hotel pools Speedo clad? I have a few squarecuts, but I swim almost exclusively in briefs now and am of a mind to do so here. Is their a general etiquette? I am hoping I can find it empty, but could be walking into anything, Hopefully no hostile looks or comments... Or maybe no one will care. Anyone have any anecdotes?

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Hotel Pool in briefs?

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 pm

What country is the hotel in? I have swum in several hotel pools in Scotland in speedos no reaction at all!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

grammarcoast
Canada

Post by grammarcoast » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:37 pm

This would be victoria bc Canada. A couple great facilities there, but I like to try out pools I've never been to when I have the chance.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm

I can't stand hotel pools but I'll get in them if there's a hot tub nearby. I need to swim my laps every night, can't do much in a hotel pool, especially hate not being able see the wall coming up for a flip turn. Or the other end is steps all across. From pushoff I can rarely get two strokes in before WALL. Horrible. But I most certainly do wear briefs when I go to hotel pools and hot tubs too. Why not? It's what I wear. l love to travel, wherever I go I find the nearest rec center with a real pool to swim laps in.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 am

Speedos should be fine in a Canadian hotel, especially if it's indoors. In France, it's compulsory to wear speedos in public pools for hygiene reasons.

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 am

Grammar, I have shared your apprehension. On several occasions the past couple years
I've worn bikini swim trunks to hotel pools/hot tubs. Guess what? I've had the same interactions with hotel employees and other guests as when in years ago I wore "dork shorts." They are nice, enjoy meeting new people and genuinely like a friendly face.

Certainly others will take note of us dudes wearing substantially less than the fearful majority. One's swimming/sunning attire is far less important to others than one's observable demeanor. Enjoy your swim time, GrammarCoast!

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:47 pm

i mostly wear briefs in hotel pools.... :)

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 am
Speedos should be fine in a Canadian hotel, especially if it's indoors. In France, it's compulsory to wear speedos in public pools for hygiene reasons.
damn i need to go to france

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm

I was up in Newport Rhode Island last fall and stayed at the beautiful harbor side Marriott. Got back to the room and felt like going for a swim and realized that I didn't bring a swimsuit. I have a really cool pair of 2Xist briefs in orange with a blue waistband, so I put them on and headed to the pool. Hung out and swam for an hour or so, read the paper and just relaxed. Nobody even looked twice!!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:26 pm

solarguy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm
I was up in Newport Rhode Island last fall and stayed at the beautiful harbor side Marriott. Got back to the room and felt like going for a swim and realized that I didn't bring a swimsuit. I have a really cool pair of 2Xist briefs in orange with a blue waistband, so I put them on and headed to the pool. Hung out and swam for an hour or so, read the paper and just relaxed. Nobody even looked twice!!
Did you feel disappointed? I know no-one wants to be ridiculed but I sometimes I am surprised that I am not even getting a second glance when wearing speedos at a place like this!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm

I never hurts to be ogled!! LOL It's always a good ego booster.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:28 am

I swim in all hotel pools in speedos. Some of them even state that swimmers must be..... hmm I cant remember the word, but it needed to be acceptable, and the supervising staff have never said a thing to me. Thats even in some pretty conservative countries (but Im not going to try it in the middle east!)

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 pm

solarguy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm
The briefs probably looked enough like a swimsuit that no one noticed the difference, especially In blue and orange ....

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 pm

On the rare occasions I'm at a hotel with a pool and pay it a visit I'm always in a brief swimsuit as I don't own anything else. I seem to recall swimming in one hotel pool many years ago in brief underwear. My wife suggested it would be OK as they covered about the same as my swimsuit, which I hadn't brought on that trip.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 am

Just had a great swim in my adidas briefs this morning before breakfast. The pool is small by lap swimming standards, but for a hotel pool it was pretty good. Using flip turns to keep from stopping, I got in a pretty good workout. When choosing this hotel, the pool was the selling point for me. Turned out to be a good choice!

Briefsboy1
Great Britain

Post by Briefsboy1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:51 pm

I’ve stayed at few hotels over the last few months and when I’ve left my swimming trunks I can’t say I’ve ever had an issue - only time I was told to put on something more appropriate was at an indoor pool in london, I think if they’re outside pools and abroad they’re not as strict on these things, I’m sure if they’re plain or not obvious like y-front designs you should have no issue :)

grammarcoast
Canada

Post by grammarcoast » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement fellas. The reservation is set so we will be there next Saturday and I won't be forgetting my swimsuits.

In my country there is an issue with over politeness. Even if someone had thoughts about my attire, it is unlikely anything would be said. At a hotel one would be tempted to assume I was simply from elsewhere.

I am very confident in Speedos while lap swimming, but my fear is that if there is a crowd, or if the pool is too cramped, I may just end up floating around. In which case I might feel awkward.

I don't expect to get a heavy workout, but the pool looks much longer than you'd expect. I may stop by the commonwealth pool too if I can, it's a world class facility and I could get a good workout there.

Bullseye - You mean you've been swimming in this pool just this past day? Where there other patrons? What did you wear?

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:46 pm

grammarcoast wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:01 pm
Bullseye - You mean you've been swimming in this pool just this past day? Where there other patrons? What did you wear?
So we are at this hotel three nights. Yesterday morning and this morning I had the pool to myself, and wore my black adidas. (I went before breakfast, so there aren't going to be recreational swimmers there then). Last night I wore a pair of lycra sportis. There were two girls there and their mom. They mostly hung out in the whirlpool, but they were in the pool for a while. I am like you, I have no problem swimming laps in speedos, but lounging around would be a different deal. Especially since my daughter is with me. She hasn't gone swimming yet, but if she does, I will most likely wear my board shorts if we are swimming just for fun. If I then decide to swim some laps, I will ditch the shorts.

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 am
damn i need to go to france
Mazda aren't you in Sydney? Surely you don't have any problems there with wearing speedos. I noticed last time I was in OZ the speedo count seemed down a bit but I certainly didn't see any issues with speedos

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:04 am

Always briefs for me including at hotels. Last year I did my first 2 week beach/resort holiday in the USA since moving here - I wore briefs the whole time including the one in my avatar. I think I was the only male for the entire two weeks that was in briefs. No one said anything and at times the pool was full of groups of people who you may think would judge and make a comment and no one did. Made some friends with some people and with some I was taking their kids snorkelling or teaching them to swim. I stayed in touch with some people and some want to holiday again together - and they certainly know what I will wear. There may be an idiot in the world somewhere but I honestly think a lot of this fear is in our heads.

I have also lived in the Middle East and I wore speedos on the beach there and also at hotels and never had any issues or any comments.