G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

...what changed?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Briefsboy1
Great Britain

...what changed?

Post by Briefsboy1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:20 am

I don’t know if anyone else on the forum started anything similar but I just thought i would post what gave me the confidence to start publically wearing speedos - I know for many people it may have taken gall and guts to do, as sometimes society is not a Speedo-wearers friend!

So I’m from the UK, definitely Speedo friendly in some places (Brighton beach am I right!?!) but not so friendly in others. I’ve always had an underwear and exhibitionist fetish but never had the confidence in wear speedos (as much as I would have loved too!)

This changed on holiday - I was in Spain over the summer last year with some friends. Having seen so many men of all ages in speedos and things on the beach, I knew I was going to have to try it at some point! My first attempt was in front of my friends, was on the beach wearing my shorts with a pair of briefs underneath, and eventually covered them in sand - so coming up with the excuse I was uncomfortable, took the shorts off and spent the day in my briefs - no one batted an eye lid (friend or otherwise), but I loved the freedom and comfort and noticing guys look at my bulge bouncing up and down playing volleyball ;). One day (after a hardcore night of partying and debauchery), they were all too hungover to go to the beach. I insisted I wanted to go so I let them nurse their hangovers and headed out. I took my opportunity and headed into one of those little beach stalls and bought a green Speedo. Got naked on the beach, got into the Speedo and strutted my stuff all day. Absolutely loved it.

Then a few months In the uk - I went to the local pool after work, took just my speedos and no shorts to hide in and went for it - and it was amazing! Again no one cared!

(On the plus side, a guy in tight little shorts had what I assumed was a hard on in the pool - when we got changed turn out it was just his soft dick - and I got hard in the shower ;) unfortunately nothing came of it because I got shy, put on my briefs and left haha).

Anyone else have any confidence boosting stories? :)

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Re: ...what changed?

Post by scottishSpeedo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 pm

My wife doesnt mind, she was a bit dubious at first (she's from North America) but now prefers them on me.
My mum doesn't see what the issue with them is....they are swimwear..

I think its an artificially created phobia brought on by USAin tv and other media (on and offline) along with loudmouth columnists in papers looking for something to rant and rave about, not to mention journalist luvvies who go on about "fashion faux pas"

Just wear them and if anyone says anything, tell them to go do one.....

JustaSpeedoguy
New Zealand

Post by JustaSpeedoguy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:38 pm

I started lap swimming 2 times a week and even though I really wanted to I didn't buy a speedo for 2 years. But once I did I would only wear it under my swimshorts which half the time I would leave on and the other half I would quickly take off at the last moment before getting in the pool.

After a while my mate started swimming with me once a week but I always kept my swimshorts on when he was around. When I had been buying my first speedo I had ended up with a spare one that was 2 sizes too big for me and had been sitting unused for a year. I saw it at the back of my drawer one day and thought it might be a good fit/size for my mate. So after the next time we went swimming together I asked him if he'd thought about wearing a speedo for lap swimming. He said he hadn't really thought about it and wasn't sure if it would be comfortable. I then mentioned that I'd started wearing a speedo sometimes to see if it was better in the water than shorts and that I had a spare that was too big and did he want to try it out. He wasn't too sure but said he'd take it home and see if it fits.

The next week we met at the pool and as we walked into the changing rooms he asked me if I had my speedo today, I said yip and he pulled the one I gave him out of his bag and showed me he'd bought it. We then both changed into our speedos and he started walking out of the changing room just wearing it. So I quickly put my shorts in my bag and we both walked down the corridor past lots of different people, past the public spa area and to the pool wearing just our speedos. It was the first time I'd ever worn it so publicly and without trying to hide it. Having a mate wearing the same thing made it feel so much more acceptable. After that first time he really liked the speedo and now wears it everytime we go to the pool. Now I swim multiple times a week and feel really comfortable wearing my speedos and other swim briefs to the pool and beach.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm

I like the speedos in your avatar bud, I have a pair thats the inverse of them, however the draw cord on them seems to have been cut short, especially compared with other briefs from speedo in the same size

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm

I am not aware of any speedo hate in America. I've been on swim teams since I was eleven, I have coached age groups and HS teams and have swam in Masters for years. I swim every evening wherever I am. I have rarely worn any swimsuit other than a brief for swimming laps. Whoever says brief suits aren't welcome or whatever at any public pool is full of shit. If anyone feels uncomfortable in them its something else causing it, not the speedo. Maybe they don't really look good in it and are afraid of negative comments or taunting. I don't know. Never ever seen or heard it. No idea. It baffles me how this comes up time and again and I can't figure out what the problem is, I have never seen or experienced it.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 am

swimmy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm
I am not aware of any speedo hate in America. I've been on swim teams since I was eleven, I have coached age groups and HS teams and have swam in Masters for years. I swim every evening wherever I am. I have rarely worn any swimsuit other than a brief for swimming laps. Whoever says brief suits aren't welcome or whatever at any public pool is full of shit. If anyone feels uncomfortable in them its something else causing it, not the speedo. Maybe they don't really look good in it and are afraid of negative comments or taunting. I don't know. Never ever seen or heard it. No idea. It baffles me how this comes up time and again and I can't figure out what the problem is, I have never seen or experienced it.
I agree well and truly, its an imagined fear, induced by the media, even mens mags that say "don't wear speedos unless you look like xxx" bodyshaming in the extreme, along with pushing a radical feminist agenda to cover up men and shame them for their physical appearance.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:47 am

swimmy wrote:I am not aware of any speedo hate in America. I've been on swim teams since I was eleven, I have coached age groups and HS teams and have swam in Masters for years. I swim every evening wherever I am. I have rarely worn any swimsuit other than a brief for swimming laps. Whoever says brief suits aren't welcome or whatever at any public pool is full of shit. If anyone feels uncomfortable in them its something else causing it, not the speedo. Maybe they don't really look good in it and are afraid of negative comments or taunting. I don't know. Never ever seen or heard it. No idea. It baffles me how this comes up time and again and I can't figure out what the problem is, I have never seen or experienced it.
I think the pressure comes from those outside the swimming community who pressure or laugh at their loved ones for using it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

Honestly for me I just decided to do it. I’d wanted to do it for as long as I’ve been an adult. I had a foot injury that kept me from doing my normal exercise- cycling- and I started swimming as a low impact thing to do while my foot healed. And I thought, “fuck it- I’ll swim in a speedo.”

Now two years later, here I am- swimming 3 or so times a week and happily wearing a speedo to do it.

navyblackmaroon
United States of America

Post by navyblackmaroon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 pm

I never felt uncomfortable wearing a speedo at the pool since I wasn't the only guy wearing them while doing laps. Wearing one at the beach, however, was more difficult. I only became comfortable with the idea of being seen in a speedo when I began to work on my tan. It seemed like the best justification to wear a speedo. After years of family trips where I wear a speedo I have become very comfortable wearing them in public.

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:50 am

I am amazed that anyone would ever think there was a problem in lap swimming in a speedo - that is exactly what they are for. I would be more self conscious in a super tight jammer than a speedo. So if you are actually doing laps and are wearing shorts I really encourage you to ditch the shorts. As other people have said, they never received any bad comments etc when they did. A lot of this stuff is in our heads - most of the world is not looking nor care about what swim wear we have on and in a lap swimming situation it is totally natural place to be in speedos.

I can understand people feeling more self conscious on the beach, although as I say I have always worn them.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 am

A lot has to do with confidence, creep out of the changing room in shorts and try to pull them off behind a pillar before jumping in the pool in your speedo, you will attract more attention than if you walked confidently from the showers to the water and dived in.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 am

Agree that confidence plays a part

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Mitch wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:05 am
A lot of guys are afraid of being labeled gay for wearing a speedo that’s the mentality of USA people. It’s not the clothes that make a person gay
I haven’t been lap swimming at all, only lessons or general swims. And have only worn speedos on a few occasions, but only when the other guy I’m with is also wearing a pair. For me it’s more safety in numbers. Reason being it’s very hard to be singled/called out on wearing something if you’re not the only person doing so. The rest of the time I’ve stuck to jammers or square cuts.

But what I’ve found on the tight swimwear/gay thing, is guys tend to giggle/comment behind your back and females tend to be a lot more vocal to your face.

A friend at the time I was going regularly with, until it ended up with me doing all the driving paying for both of us etc. Who chose to wear dork shorts (claimed his dick was too big, I can tell you it certainly wasn’t) never said a thing about me choosing to wear jammers to my face. And instead chose to post his gay comments and options on my swimwear choice on Facebook instead.

I had one female in one lesson constantly go on about how gay my trunks made me look, but then tried accusing me of perving at her (witch I wasn’t). What that goby attention seeker probably didn’t like (and most others) if female like to be the centre of attention and desired sexually. So the second they think a guy might be gay and then therefore not attracted to them, their tiny brains can’t cope.

I’ve also had another goby female call me out while wearing a pair of jammers while I was getting out of the pool/sitting on the side with my legs still in the pool, Shouting “I can see your peins” At the top of her lungs. Does it bother me that a female half my age (the water mush have been cold as her tits had shrunk) and therefore underage anyway, thinks I have a small dick? Not really, considering I’d been in the pool for an hour and her outburst drew more attention to herself than it did me.
Last edited by karlos on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:34 pm

karlos wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 pm
Mitch wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:05 am
A lot of guys are afraid of being labeled gay for wearing a speedo that’s the mentality of USA people. It’s not the clothes that make a person gay
I haven’t been lap swimming at all, only lessons or general swims. And have only worn speedos on a few occasions, but only when the other guy I’m with is also wearing a pair. For me it’s more safety in numbers. Reason being it’s very hard to be singled/called out on wearing something if you’re not the only person doing so. The rest of the time I’ve stuck to jammers or square cuts.

But what I’ve found on the tight swimwear/gay thing, is guys tend to giggle/comment behind your back and females tend to be a lot more vocal to your face.

A friend at the time I was going regularly with, until it ended up with me doing all the driving paying for both of us etc. Who chose to wear dork shorts (claimed his dick was too big, I can tell you it certainly wasn’t) never said a thing about me choosing to wear jammers to my face. And instead chose to post his gay comments and options on my swimwear choice on Facebook instead.

I had one female in one lesson constantly go on about how gay my trunks made me look, but then tried accusing me of perving at her (witch I wasn’t). What that goby attention seeker probably didn’t like (and most others) if female like to be the centre of attention and desired sexually. So the second they think a guy might be gay and then therefore not attracted to them, their tiny brains can’t cope.

I’ve also had another goby female call me out while wearing a pair of jammers while I was getting out of the pool/sitting on the side with my legs still in the pool, Shouting “I can see your peins” At the top of her lungs. Does it bother me that a female half my age (the water mush have been cold as her tits had shrunk) and therefore underage anyway, thinks I have a small dick? Not really, considering I’d been in the pool for an hour and her outburst drew more attention to herself than it did me.
Thankfully never had that issue myself, then again I'm kinda rough looking of late and I put a lot of muscle on when I was in the military so despite having a beer gut, I'm still an imposing sight to a degree..

Also my area has quite a few swimming clubs, many of which are quite serious, plus plenty ancient blokes in speedos, along with the staff not taking any shit from people, one girl tried to go swimming in a tee shirt and leggings, she was told to come back with "proper" swimwear.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm

That is shocking Karlos. Similar to Scottishspeedo, the last time I was at the pool there were two waterpolo teams warming up and waiting to start a match-it would have been a brave person to make derogatory comments about wearing speedos!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:07 pm

The one who shouted I would have retorted "whoever has lost their village idiot please come and collect her" or "STFU you fat, ugly, stupid cow"

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm

the one who made the comments in the lesson, I would have written a letter of complaint to the pool operators on the grounds of homophobic comments (a criminal offence) and that if she is not removed from the group then I would not hesitate to take matters further

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm

I never needed to in the end, as her constant outbursts, whining and general rudeness (even to the instructors) got her kicked out.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:33 pm

karlos wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm
I never needed to in the end, as her constant outbursts, whining and general rudeness (even to the instructors) got her kicked out.
Good, glad to see someone dealing with bad behaviour. Is it REALLY that hard for people to act like adults and not school age children? Sometimes I really do wonder...

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:35 pm

I’ve worn speedos since I was a teenager in the late ‘70s early ‘80s mostly when lap swimming. I never felt self conscious in them when swimming because most of the other guys wore them lap swimming too. I also wore them to recreational pools, hot springs and lakes. It wasn’t until board shorts really got popular that I switched to long swimwear. I got into board shorts because I liked the tie waist with no elastic which if sized right would ride really low on my waist. I think that look is sexy and I didn’t feel as conspicuous wearing them. I also got into jammers for lap swimming when they came out. So did everyone else. However I love the look, comfort and freedom of movement offered by speedos so while I never stopped wearing them, last spring I make the decision to wear speedos exclusively which I have done except for occasionally wearing Funky Trunks jammers because I think they look hot.