G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

When did speedos come on your radar

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimmerbud
United States of America

Re: When did speedos come on your radar

Post by swimmerbud » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:32 am

I actually had one when I was 5 or so, probably a few years, then not again until I was 15 and joined the swim team. Then of course not again until I started swimming again. On and off I guess you could say - but its been more on than off for the last 15 years! ;)
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 am

shadowmn wrote:For me it all started in my early teens in the 80's. I remember getting a little aroused when I wore the short nylon swim shorts that were in style at the time. They had a white nylon liner that was very arousing to a young teen. From there I remember that I just wanted to wear something spandex like a speedo. All of the department store flyers in the local newspaper advertised men's bikini underwear in various prints and had speedo style swimsuits hanging on the racks just like you would see boardshorts at stores today. None of my friends wore speedos and I was very embarrassed to even ask my mother to buy me one. I knew I had to have one so one day while at a local department store, I shoplifted a speedo from one of the racks. I regret doing that, but the speedo allure got the best of me. From there on, I had become more obsessed with bikini style underwear.

My real speedo wearing experience though came around the time when I was 30. I had several speedo like suits, but had never worn them out anywhere. I had just met my now wife and we planned a trip to Florida. We went shopping for new swimsuits at a Speedo Fitness store where she picked out a nice one-piece speedo. I didn't say anything until we left and said I'd like to get the matching speedo brief suit. To my surprise, she seemed okay with it. We went back the next day where I tried it on in the dressing room while she was present and thought I looked good in it.

When we got to a small secluded beach in Florida, I had my shorts on over my speedo. She asked if I was going to take my shorts off. So with that said, I took of my shorts and I've been hooked ever since. I still own that speedo!
Sounds all too familiar! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

White7

Post by White7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:19 pm

When I was about 5 or 6, I was bought by my uncle a blue and stripped black square cuts and a google as my bday present. One day my uncle, which wasn't married back then, asked my mum if he could take me to go for a swim. My mum said yes, and on the day early in the morning abou 5.30 my uncle came to my house pick me up and go to the swim pool.
In the middle way he stopped for air refilling to the car wheels at the air refilling monger, fueling the car he made sure everything is ready and won't bother the trip.
At the swim pool, I forgot it is a hotel pool or some local pool, firstly I got changed by my uncle to the square cuts swim attire he bought, wear the rubber buoy. I changed at the pool side cause I was little back then no one bother me for being naked a while. Then it's my uncle's turn.
I thought he would go to the changing room for a change, instead in the exact spot of the pool side beside me he wore off his t-shirt, drop off his cargo short and there it is! The black speedo swim brief was already worn and be ready in action. Even when I was so young I don't even know the aroused reaction and I thought how cool is that! Wondering if he already wore the speedo the whole morning as underwear underneath the t-shirt and cargo when he woke me up, driving me, refill the wheel air and fuel then sat in the driver seat drive me to the pool. Something in my mind was clicked then, I was thinking my uncle was kind of superman with his costume beneath regular shirt and I kinda thinking speedo was great.

Years later when I was in middle high, I took a swim course every Sunday, my father drive me there and wait for me till the course was done. I was bought jammer because my mum think I would be shy if I wore shorter swim suit. Then one day my father fetch my uncle to the course with me. This time he was married and his son, which is my cousin, was already at the course place with my aunt took his car there. When we arrived and I prepared for changing, again my uncle strip his polo shirt and jeans at the pool side revealed a black speedo. So while you waiting for my father to take you, when you sat the whole time in the car you already with your speedo underneath, uncle! my mind amazed. No wonder he didn't take any kind of bag with him. My uncle did many laps with his amazing continuous freestyle swimming from the minute I start the course till I finish and still lapping for a couple of minutes. what a stamina!
I was hoping I could have that kind of stamina someday. really these two made me thought my uncle was some kind of superman himself. Well this is why, I thought, the reason I radar the speedo and my preference to wear speedo as undies. Guess some kind of childhood experience really make what you are! lol

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:00 am

I think I was around 12 or 13 years old. I had this thing for wanting to wear bikini underwear. I think it all started with my Superman Underoos. At the time, men's fashion underwear was advertised in the department store flyers and many of them in fantastic colors and fabrics. I wanted some, but never wore them until I was a bit older. The nylon liners in sport shorts or bathing suits were also a big turn on. It wasn't until I saw some swim briefs in a department store that I was instantly attracted to them. I shoplifted a pair of the rack because I was too embarrassed to even ask my mother to get them for me. I must have worn those under my jeans a hundred times. I love the feeling of the spandex and it's been a fetish of mine ever since.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Burgundyspeedos
Australia

Post by Burgundyspeedos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 am

Last edited by Burgundyspeedos on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 am

I guess swim briefs have always been there for me.

I first got into competitive swimming when I was about 7-8 years old. It was a summer swim team that swam in age groups. My mother had been on the same swim team when she was younger so it was only natural to her that her kids should do it too. I was in mid thigh swim shorts, but I would regularly see the older guys wearing both swim shorts and swim briefs, typically Speedo, Arena, TYR, and Hind brands. This would have been in the early 1980's. Within a couple years I was totally into the swim briefs.

I'm not sure what made me fetishize the swim briefs, but it may well have had something to do with how good they felt when I would slip them on and my hormones being in total overdrive. Anything that feels that good against my dick should be on my dick all the time! Hahaha!!!

Anyway, I wore swim briefs throughout my swimming career, until I graduated from high school and went to college. Unfortunately I did not continue swimming in college, something I regret to this day. Occasionally I would wear swim shorts or jammers when swimming at the lake or at the public pool, but I always had swim briefs on hand and typically wore the swim briefs under the swim shorts as I was never a fan of the net lining that is typically found inside swim shorts.

When I left college and was out on my own, I really started to develop my fetish. I had a credit card now and my own place so I could order all kinds of things via mail order and this new thing called the internet. My underwear went from what would be described as "wild" for the sleepy area I lived in to what they would have described as "insane!" I was buying thongs, briefs, g-strings, and all kinds of things. They were all kinds of wild colors and patterns; and best of all: wild designs. This is when I first found underwear that came with cock rings built in with a cod piece over the front. All this wild underwear became my daily wear from then on.

My swimwear has become more and more revealing over the years. I'm totally good with wearing pretty skimpy briefs pretty much anywhere and little thongs and g-strings in some places. However, living in Mississippi, I don't wear the little bikinis around here, the people are a little crazy. I regularly wear all the little stuff when I travel, especially down to Florida.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Speedos probably came onto my radar when I was 9-10, during school swimming practice. The other boys wore them as a matter of course, but I had a little pair of shorts. Why didn't Mum buy me speedos? NOT wearing speedos made me feel different. Plus you could see my nuts more easily in shorts. Underwater, one day, I showed my older sister my nuts and she was completely disgusted. I just thought nuts are funny; showing them to someone is funny. :oops:

Two of my friends wore the same speedo (a rainbow design). Obviously not the same pair, but the same design - one was a very fat kid and one was a short, skinny kid. That was kind of amusing. Neither was self-conscious about skimpy togs.

In grade seven, I started really noticing the bodies of my male classmates in speedos, and thinking those bodies were attractive in some weird way, although I didn't really understand there might be a sexual component to that interest. I remember sitting behind a lad at swimming carnival one year and really enjoying looking at his arse in blue speedos. (Because his back was turned to me, he couldn't see me looking, which was the ideal situation).

I didn't really wear speedos myself until I could buy them myself - in my very late teens/early 20s. I wore them to sunbathe in the backyard. Dad came home from work at lunchtime one day, and I had to race inside the house and change, lest he see me in my speedos - which he didn't know about, and probably wouldn't understand. (My dad has no discernible sexuality).

I was really obsessed with men's underwear and speedos all through my 20s. I was trying to understand something about myself, and underwear/speedos seemed to be a safe way to explore or process it. Maybe it was narcissistic too - some kind of erotic interest in my own body, and by extension other men's bodies. I don't have a full-blown fetish nowadays - speedos are too expensive to collect. But I continue to appreciate the aesthetic appeal of speedos and speedo-wearers. :mrgreen:

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:06 pm

I started wearing Speedos when I was about 9/10 up to the age of 13/14. Then started wearing them when I was 18 for a couple of years. Now i am 47 I only wear them under my shorts when swimming or at the beach (when I go). No so much about the speedo but my body image and what I think. I don’t even take my top off in public. But I still love to wear them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Wearing speedos I started long time ago when I was in the 2. or 3. grade at school. When we had some swim-lessons all the guys wore speedos and the girls mostly one-pieces. Later I was keeping on wearing speedos, yes, sometimes jammers, too, even then when during the 90s boardshorts and other insane swimwear came up. For swimming laps or so I've never worn something else, besides even less at a lake or river. 😎

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Baltspeed wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:31 pm
Wearing speedos I started long time ago when I was in the 2. or 3. grade at school. When we had some swim-lessons all the guys wore speedos and the girls mostly one-pieces. Later I was keeping on wearing speedos, yes, sometimes jammers, too, even then when during the 90s boardshorts and other insane swimwear came up. For swimming laps or so I've never worn something else, besides even less at a lake or river. 😎
Ah, so we can blame the 90s for those dreadful things, boardies! :lol:

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:09 pm

I wore them as a kid because of my parents. I didn't really want to because I was self-conscious of my body and felt ashamed, despite not having any reason to feel that way. But later on I wore shorts, but they were always above the knee. Then when I checked this site out, when it was whitespeedos.com, I really got into it.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:15 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:51 pm
Baltspeed wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:31 pm
Ah, so we can blame the 90s for those dreadful things, boardies! :lol:
Boardshorts aren't that bad, for sure. But it's definetly no swimwear for pools, in- or outdoors. They are made for board riding or so in the ocean or a lake. Does anybody know why they are misused as attire for swimming?

Burgundyspeedos
Australia

Post by Burgundyspeedos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Boardshorts are kind of like the cargo pants of the swimwear world imo. Theyre utilitarian. At least here in Oz they can be worn as streetwear and swimwear in all settings, although as you say Baltspeed they perform poorly as pool swimwear. So the idea of one swimsuit for all jobs combined with the trend American past-the-knee (ugh) look I reckon. Shame a lot of Aussies taje that lazy approach. France are certainly onto something with their swimwear rules, that you must bring a dedicated swimsuit, world should follow their lead imo

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 am

Burgundyspeedos wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm
... France are certainly onto something with their swimwear rules, that you must bring a dedicated swimsuit, world should follow their lead imo
Attachments
piscine.jpg
piscine.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 9009 times

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

You are correct, BozeHawk. Maybe I'm really slow, but it only dawned on me while abroad how nasty it is for someone to wear into the pool (beneath shorts) underwear they've been wearing for who knows how long. So I'm all for disallowing into pools any clothing other than swim-specific attire.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Completely agree with you. 100% all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58 pm

beachg0y wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm
You are correct, BozeHawk. Maybe I'm really slow, but it only dawned on me while abroad how nasty it is for someone to wear into the pool (beneath shorts) underwear they've been wearing for who knows how long. So I'm all for disallowing into pools any clothing other than swim-specific attire.
BozeHawk wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 am
Burgundyspeedos wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm
... France are certainly onto something with their swimwear rules, that you must bring a dedicated swimsuit, world should follow their lead imo
I cannot agree more! Entrance to swimmingpools should only be required with special swimming-attire. All clothing that could be worn as street-clothing (like board-shorts or so) should not be allowed!

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:50 am

I had the hottest swim coach in high school. Once in a while he would rip off his track suit and jump in the pool with us, and he had the hottest pair of green speedos that I swear he cut the liner out of... I was used to seeing guys in speedos for swimming, but when I saw his bulge in the suit, I think my jaw hit the ground...
Attachments
338ab25bc485d12d0146a4d8b0760f23.jpg
338ab25bc485d12d0146a4d8b0760f23.jpg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 8849 times

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 am

I always wore speedos as a youngster but I remember becoming concious of them when I got to the age where I was thinking maybe I should wear shorts (10 years old-ish). I went swimming with friends one day and wore shorts and one of my friends wore his black speedo briefs. I thought he looked amazing, he was only one in the group wearing speedos but I loved how unashamed he was and wore them proudly. I thought they looked so much better than the shorts me and the others were wearing and ever since then I decided to wear speedos and speedos only at the pool!

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:22 pm

I wore speedos as a little kid, when I had two pairs (one was cyan blue, the other had a pattern in the front -yellow sides and a black/pink/turquoise chess table design in the middle- and a black back). Those pairs disappeared from my closet when I was almost 7. At that time, I was only a kid who wore what mama bought for my use. Then I switched to shorts, but at 8 or 9 speedos come to my radar in order to be a permanent part of my life.

At 9 I had the false association of "speedo = homosexual" that adquired from a conservative society who migrated from speedos to boardshorts, so I often put speedos to my gay 'characters' in an imaginary world. At the same time, I used to draw speedo prints in paper sheets. I even still remember being 10 in a pool with schoolmates where only two of them used speedos: one was a little fat and his name was Luis (being speedos something very common in Luises at that time), the other was a mentally disabled kid.

However, I had to wait to be 15 to have new swim briefs. They were Speedo brand, model Frame 8cm: black, with gray sides, neon green stitching and Speedo logos (one stitched at the front; the other, Plastisol at the back), size 30 (a little big for me, because I should be 26 or 28 at the time). I didn't buy them but shoplifted from a sports store. Those speedos were used to swimming and self-pleasure, they weren't very hot but the fabric was great! I had them until late 17 when the back union of stitching and drawstring was melting (idk why) and had to throw them to the trash. I was speedo-free again until 20, when I bought my first speedos with my own money: the AussieBum counterfeit from AliExpress that you can see in my profile pic (until I change it). I have bought many speedos from that day on and today I have a collection of 20+ speedos from different brands.
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.