G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

When did speedos come on your radar

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: When did speedos come on your radar

Post by BJE » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:57 pm

I posted my story in another thread but I’ll post it again here.

I fell in love with speedos when I was a teenager back in the ‘70’s and have been wearing them ever since.

What got me hooked was seeing men in speedos in fitness magazines and seeing how good well built men look in speedos. As a young teenager I longed to look as hot as them. That desire to look great in a speedo has kept me pretty fit my entire life.

Of course back then hair was in so the guys in the photos were incredibly hairy. A look I never found very desireable so In the nineties when hairlessness first became fashionable I got rid of my chest and abdominal hair and I’ve been smooth ever since. I don’t think a photo exists of me with chest hair.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:51 am

52dno98 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:13 pm
I remember getting instantly and incredibly aroused by seeing the speedos and by the thought of wearing one, and I had to sneak that catalog upstairs to my room. I’ve been hooked ever since (and I wish for the life of me I could a) explain the origin of my fetish and b) be more normative and not aroused so much by a piece of clothing, but my weird brain is what it is).
Absolutely. As a kid I watched competitive swimming & diving on TV, and thought speedos were amazing. The local paper ran a regular ad from a local sporting goods store, and one day they had an entire 1/3rd page ad for Speedo, athletic men & women in competitive swimwear. Mesmerizing! I had to be part of this scene. :)

Bought my first Speedo when I was 16 from the local department store. It was everything I hoped for. I couldn't swim very well, but I swore I'd do my Speedo justice someday!

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am

I wore speedos aka swimming trunks (trunks in the UK mean something entirely different to trunks in the USA) as a kid in the 80s and early 90s, then there was a move toward swimshorts (not board shorts though), which for some reason I chose over a speedo and immediately regretted it when the fabric floated up, very weird sensation.
Didn't swim for years as the smell of chlorine bothered the heck out of me.
Got back into speedos in my late teens early 20s, which at the time the sensation of putting them on got me hot n bothered.
My mum found them in a drawer when she decided to go "cleaning out old clothes" and then went yelling at top volume about them not being washed. My dad was like "WTF are you raking in people's drawers for and no I don't want to smell them"....my mum has this aversion to secrets, as if someone will come to the door and arrest her , if someone dares to keep a secret or have private business....yeah...she's....odd sometimes....

moved out, wife is fine with them, so wear them as underwear...which sadly has removed the arousal factor of wearing them.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Bospeedodude wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 pm
In the early 1980s..... One hot July day, I biked down the road a bit to the local swimming hole, which was situated under a covered bridge, to find five or so boys (and their family members), ranging from my age to a few years older, all in speedos swimming in the river and swinging on a rope swing that hung from the underside of the covered bridge, and jumping into the eddy that made up the swimming hole. I think they were all speaking French, so I assume they were visiting from Quebec (the border is only about 90 minutes north of there). It may sound weird, but I remember feeling kind of jealous of them for the freedom that seemed to come with wearing the speedos.
Quebec... and also New Brunswick, where there's a large French-speaking population. I'd see groups of Canadians in their speedos at Duxbury Beach, near where I lived in Mass. I envied them too. They were so at ease with their speedos. The group photos here remind me of that.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 am

diveguy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:34 am
I first became aware of Speedos at an early age watching Mark Spitz and others in the Olympics, and especially, seeing the crew members of the Calypso wearing them on the Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau documentaries. I was in awe of these guys wearing nothing but their skimpy black suits that barely hung onto their asses as they wrestled to get mini-submersible submarines hoisted back on the deck of the ship!
Spitz really put Speedos on the map with his Olympic medals poster. They were nylon. At the next Olympics the team wore lycra. I also remember Jacques Cousteau and his crew. I always thought it would be cool to work on the Calypso and get to wear practically nothing all day.
Long time Speedo® lover

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:52 am

When I was a kid I went to an indoor water park with my parents. It wasn't the first time we had been there as we usually went to one of then in the state we were living in every year, but this one day there was a kid maybe a couple years older than me (so like 7-8 probably) and we was wearing a grey speedo. I went to my parents and said there's some kid wearing his underwear and they said that it was a type of swimwear. Being like 5 I never thought to ask if I could get one, but looking back at it I might not be afraid of wearing them had I got one when I was that young. That was what started it for me. It's funny because that's one of the few memories I remember from going to those water parks, since we moved to a different state a couple of years later.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am

Very similar stories... BJE mirrors my radar!
The Dr. Drew diagnosis of America was the theory called Male Adonis syndrome. We idolize perfectly sculpted men and desire to be like them. Not to mention the fabrics got better and better and felt better and better on my dick! And I should mention that at 12, a hard on was every other minute! And with a hormonal flurry happening hourly, it all mixed very well.
I recall seeing my sisters nylon bikini underwear coming out of the dryer. I tried a pair on one day and thought, “these feel pretty sexy”! Then I saw advertisements for men’s underwear, and not just for the tighty whites! I remember taking the bus down to check out a pair that were shiny red bikini style underwear. I recall so much precum thinking about putting them on my dick was sticking to my underwear! So now I knew something else was going with me and my body.
I started looking at advertising of speedo wearing models in the paper since the internet was nowhere at the time. I thought cool, I want to be one of those guys.
My sister once said, let’s go out and lay in the sun. I had a nylon blue speedo with white lines and every time I would wear it a hard on was surly there! I think she knew I had a speedo to ask to go lay out.
I recall a girl friend that I spent a lot of time with and her friend had a pool we would go to. She was quite obese and her girlfriend had a great physique. She would wear a multi-poka dot bikini that was shiny black that made my juices flow! I had just bought a speedo that was white with colored stripes and my first nylon spandex speedo that was a one inch side and really felt great and looked sexy too. So, just her and I would go in the pool and play. When we would wrestle playing around, I would put her in holds where she was pinned up against me with a full Monty of a proud male! I would stab her in the ass of her sexy bikini thrusting over and over with delight! Grabbing her breasts and squeezing every part of her young voluptuous body. And with my girlfriend watching us frolic in the pool!
I recall being at Penn State working for a moving company and walking through a grassy courtyard and seeing a student tanning in a green speedo. I thought how cool that was. He was cut and slim. I wanted to be just like that and walked by him many times for a view of his package! I wished I had my favorite speedo to wear and lay out with him!
I remember watching tv shows just to see if stars wore one. Caddy Shack by the pool had one of the stars in a black brief that was cool. So black started to be my favorite color. Watching the 82 summer Olympics and the divers in tight speedos was really cool. Wet bulging and tight asses! I wanted so bad to be a swimmer now! That’s all I thought about!
The big problem was, no other guys in my area wore them. Being from the ultra conservative mid-west was the problem. I went all over to find others that possibly wore a speedo. I found a lifeguard at a city pool that wore a salmon red speedo I would go to see often. I would to quarry’s, swimming holes , the local university thinking there would be a liberal minded man tanning... I was wrong. I was still afraid to go on my own to lay out in one.
My speedo fetish was now in high gear.
I had a ex fiancé that one day loved me in them then would question why I wore them. Well, come to find out she used it against me because she was seeing someone else. At the end of our relationship I was so vulnerable, she made me feel so bad I threw, burned many suits! That’s how bad she ridiculed me into thinking I was. It was all a ploy to make herself think she was right for cheating on me and defending her own actions. Enough of that after I recovered and moved on from that!
I also met a hot woman because her relationship and mine was struggling. We would go and lay out together on her breaks. I had the balls to wear a prevail speedo when we tanned. I guess she gave me the confidence and privacy after being over to their house hottubbing. I wore a prevail red speedo and a black speedo a few times. I even gave a few to her to try and get her husband to wear one. He was a conservative Farm boy and would not put one on! She wore a black shiny bikini held together at the sides with a gold ring. It made me boil and she had to see my bulging speedo! She told me she cut grass in one too! She was my type, hot, hard working, great conversations, loved guys in speedos... but one thing in the way. Yes she was married and I didn’t want us to further our friendship due to my and her catholic beliefs. We stopped seeing each other and I wished they divorced but didn’t. And I would never wish that on anyone, but sometimes it’s needed. I’ll end my speedo start stories for now since the length went too far. But, I’d like thank Dave Evans for starting a place where we can express ourselves without ridicule and embarrassment! It’s great to share thoughts and pics of each other with so many people from so many walks of life. I wish some if not all were closer to hang out together!
To be continued, and
Speedo On Guys and Gals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm

This is the style of men’s swimsuits I remember everyone wearing when I was very young, including myself. I even remember my grandpa wearing a suit like these while waterskiing. It wasn’t that big of a step to move into a speedo from there. However those old suits were quite thick and didn’t show fine detail.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

BJE wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm
This is the style of men’s swimsuits I remember everyone wearing when I was very young, including myself. I even remember my grandpa wearing a suit like these while waterskiing. It wasn’t that big of a step to move into a speedo from there. However those old suits were quite thick and didn’t show fine detail.
I remember having a suit like these when I was a kid, also. You are right they were thick compared to today. After swimming I would keep it on all day playing with my friends on the block.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 am

SpeedoUSA, what a write up!

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am

For me it all started in my early teens in the 80's. I remember getting a little aroused when I wore the short nylon swim shorts that were in style at the time. They had a white nylon liner that was very arousing to a young teen. From there I remember that I just wanted to wear something spandex like a speedo. All of the department store flyers in the local newspaper advertised men's bikini underwear in various prints and had speedo style swimsuits hanging on the racks just like you would see boardshorts at stores today. None of my friends wore speedos and I was very embarrassed to even ask my mother to buy me one. I knew I had to have one so one day while at a local department store, I shoplifted a speedo from one of the racks. I regret doing that, but the speedo allure got the best of me. From there on, I had become more obsessed with bikini style underwear.

My real speedo wearing experience though came around the time when I was 30. I had several speedo like suits, but had never worn them out anywhere. I had just met my now wife and we planned a trip to Florida. We went shopping for new swimsuits at a Speedo Fitness store where she picked out a nice one-piece speedo. I didn't say anything until we left and said I'd like to get the matching speedo brief suit. To my surprise, she seemed okay with it. We went back the next day where I tried it on in the dressing room while she was present and thought I looked good in it.

When we got to a small secluded beach in Florida, I had my shorts on over my speedo. She asked if I was going to take my shorts off. So with that said, I took of my shorts and I've been hooked ever since. I still own that speedo!
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 am

BJE - The only time I had a suit like those old square cuts was in the boy scouts was probably the early 70's. Their official suit was solid red, and was also very thick. I don't recall ever seeing anyone wearing those little square cuts.

The first time I ever wore a brief suit was when I was on a business trip to Sweden in the 80's. I believed that a speedo would be accepted in a European country. Only wore it for a very quick dip in a fjord. So I was certainly interested in speedo's in the 80's, but only started to wear them openly in 2016.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 am

shadowmn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am
My real speedo wearing experience though came around the time when I was 30. I had several speedo like suits, but had never worn them out anywhere. I had just met my now wife and we planned a trip to Florida. We went shopping for new swimsuits at a Speedo Fitness store where she picked out a nice one-piece speedo. I didn't say anything until we left and said I'd like to get the matching speedo brief suit. To my surprise, she seemed okay with it. We went back the next day where I tried it on in the dressing room while she was present and thought I looked good in it.

When we got to a small secluded beach in Florida, I had my shorts on over my speedo. She asked if I was going to take my shorts off. So with that said, I took of my shorts and I've been hooked ever since. I still own that speedo!
Gosh, I wish my wife were so supportive. She just makes fun of me. It's good natured ribbing (taking the piss, as the Brits would say), but there's no way in hell she'd ever encourage me to wear a speedo out in a public place.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:36 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 am
SpeedoUSA, what a write up!
No kidding....
Long time Speedo® lover

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:48 am

52dno98 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 am
shadowmn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am

Gosh, I wish my wife were so supportive. She just makes fun of me. It's good natured ribbing (taking the piss, as the Brits would say), but there's no way in hell she'd ever encourage me to wear a speedo out in a public place.

My Canadian wife's argument, you bought you wear it lol shame that doesn't apply to the clothes she buys and forgets she has in the wardrobe / closet

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 pm

My wife definitely went through a period of hating when I wore speedos. I can’t say I blame her because I focused on it too much when we went to a beach. I was always looking for a spot where I’d feel most comfortable and bringing multiple suits with me in case one didn’t feel right with the crowd. Now I just don’t give a damn anymore and wear them without shame. Since then, she’s come to accept that I wear them even though it’s not her first choice. She loves the squarecuts though.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm

My wife is suportive of me wearing speedos and defends my right to wear them. I am more comfortable wearing speedos when she’s with me. When she’s with me I don’t pay attention to other people and what they may be thinking and I won’t be mistaken for being gay.

I’ve been wearing speedos since before we were married so she’s seen me in them from the beginning.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 am

To me It’s about the speedos not so much who is wearing them.
I would love to hang out with forum members in just a pair of Speedos.
Imagine we all turn up at a nice restraint in these. Lol.

https://budgysmuggler.com.au/products/swim-suits-1

You have to go dressed up don’t you. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 am

Mitch wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:38 am
Wow bje you make it sound like wearing a speedo is a gay thing and being gay is looked down upon and You would be ashamed if someone thought that
What I meant by that is that if I'm with my wife I'm not going to be hit on by guys. Something I've had happen when I've been alone at a hot tub.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:48 pm

That is a common misconception of a speedo wearing American. We trying to change that with more sporting a speedo/brief. This forum is a small helper! Speedo on gang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan