G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Underwear under swimwear?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

What would you wear under boardies?

(1) Speedos - of course!
62%
(2) Underwear - brief style
3%
(3) Underwear - boxers
No votes
(3) Underwear - boxer-briefs
No votes
(4) Other clothing (please specify)
3%
(5) Bollocky - in other words, naked!
32%

Total votes: 60

blueflinch
Australia

Underwear under swimwear?

Post by blueflinch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 pm

I know most the guys here wear speedos, loud and proud. But for those among us who occasionally wear boardies at pool/beach/social events, what do you wear beneath them? :mrgreen:

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Re: Underwear under swimwear?

Post by SpeedoSimone » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:31 pm

I still have a pair of shorts that go above the knee. I wear nothing under them, as it should be. This year however, Im aiming at only wearing speedos, be it for training or for social events. Lets see how it goes for me...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Why would anyone wear anything under board shorts? Unless of course thecshorts are just to cover your speedo until you get to the pool or beach. I do this when walking from a hotel room to the pool for example.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:08 am

BJE wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:42 pm
Why would anyone wear anything under board shorts? Unless of course thecshorts are just to cover your speedo until you get to the pool or beach. I do this when walking from a hotel room to the pool for example.
So your junk doesn't jiggle? :lol:

Also, I quite often see the waistbands of designer undies above boardies - guys are clearly wearing something down there.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 am

BJE wrote:Why would anyone wear anything under board shorts? Unless of course thecshorts are just to cover your speedo until you get to the pool or beach. I do this when walking from a hotel room to the pool for example.
I wouldnt wear shorts over speedos from a Hotel room to the beach/pool. If Im in a hotel, my vacation mode is already on. Besides, the "Tshirt and Speedo" look is quite trendy now

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:27 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 am
If Im in a hotel, my vacation mode is already on. Besides, the "Tshirt and Speedo" look is quite trendy now
I don’t know if it’s trendy in a hotel lobby. If it’s just from the room to the pool without having to pass through the lobby then I don’t cover up.

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 am

When I’m not able to wear a speedo I’ll wear a short inseam bathing suit with nothing underneath. Won’t go near board shorts.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 am
BJE wrote:Why would anyone wear anything under board shorts? Unless of course thecshorts are just to cover your speedo until you get to the pool or beach. I do this when walking from a hotel room to the pool for example.
I wouldnt wear shorts over speedos from a Hotel room to the beach/pool. If Im in a hotel, my vacation mode is already on. Besides, the "Tshirt and Speedo" look is quite trendy now

T-shirt and speedo sounds very sexy, Simone. :P

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:52 am

I wouldn't wear anything under boardies. Don't they have their own liner? I usually wear a pair of lightweight running shorts over my speedo until I get to the beach and then once I get situated, the shorts come off. No point in wearing excessive swimwear over your speedo if they're just going to come off.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:42 am

Most board shorts have those horrible mesh liners. Worst idea ever. I do have a couple of pair of board shorts, but bought ones without liners...

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:12 am

I wear speedos under boardies unless they have a liner where I dont wear anything else.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:32 am

I have never worn boardies! Longest shorts I wear are above the knee (chino type), mid thigh (sports shorts) or shorter ( as in pics below)
Apart from the hygeine issues, why would you wear cotton briefs or trunks under shorts in the water, must end up carrying half the water from the pool in your shorts when you get out!
I wear the shorts below over speedos going to the beach or a hotel pool. The black Andrew Christian ones have a liner so can also be used without speedos, handy if you want a quick dip in the sea if out a walk on holiday etc
Attachments
SAM_2979.png
SAM_2979.png (204.98 KiB) Viewed 9342 times
SAM_2984.png
SAM_2984.png (211.94 KiB) Viewed 9342 times
SAM_3301.png
SAM_3301.png (303.67 KiB) Viewed 9342 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 am

I cut the liners out of board shorts. Usually wear a speedo underneath because the shorts will be coming off as soon as possible. I like to get a nice speedo tan every summer, plus I swim every chance I get. My work includes boat rides at one of the lakes every day so it's a safe bet I'll be wet within minutes of getting there. And you know I don't swim in board shorts.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 am

Like some people here I don't wear anything under boardies. Unless I'm going from one point to another where I would be in the public in-between the two points and the purpose of the trip is to swim then I would wear Speedos underneath and the boardies will come off as soon as I enter the pool room.

I just don't find it necessary to wear undies under it. It's a swimsuit after all.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 am

What I would call true board shorts usually have no liner. They also have no elastic in the waist but rely solely on being tied. What makes board shorts look good is wearing them really low on the hips. I don't wear anything under them because whatever in under them will stay wet next to your skin. Besides I like the feeling of hanging loose.

Here are a couple of pictures of me in board shorts.

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 am

One should never ever wear underwear under board or other swim shorts, etc. into a pool for sanitary reasons. That's the whole reason speedos are required swimwear at pools in many places: because they are meant only to be swum in and there's less chance of cross contamination because people tend not to wear them on the street, etc. whereas with swim shorts, one may have been wearing them as outerwear all day; underwear is even worse (and shorts and underwear can carry a lot of nasty stuff: gonorrhea, staph, etc.). This was explained to me on a school trip to Germany that I was on as a 17 year old in the early 1990s, and it made sense, when I and the other American boys in my group were "forced" to wear speedos at the local pool in the town where we were staying (my high school crush was on this trip, and he was a competitive swimmer, so he had no problem at all with the policy -some of the boys in the group protested, but then went along with it, helped by the encouragement from my crush, who convinced the others that it was no big deal). At my old home pool there was a sign stating that by state law, underwear must be removed and that all swimsuits must be clean before entering the pool or hot tub, and there also was talk by management there that only speedos, jammers, squarecuts, and short legged shorts would be allowed in response to an outbreak at another pool nearby, which they suspect was due to certain gym goers jumping in the pool in their workout wear in lieu of a shower after working out.

grammarcoast
Canada

Post by grammarcoast » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:04 pm

This is I common habit at my local pool and I really don't understand it. At least half the dudes at in the pool have their underpants on under their swim shorts. You can see the SAXX or Under Armour waist band sticking out. Why?God,why? A lot of them are coming from the gym and just showering as is, I swear! There are signs saying showering is required before entering the pool, one would think that changing into swimwear should be assumed, but it is not.... I mean the board shorts are bad enough, but these guys are layering up! I almost want to say something, but what can I say? "Take your f@?$%ing underpants off, buddy!" Won't go over too well...

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:39 pm

grammarcoast wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:04 pm
This is I common habit at my local pool and I really don't understand it. At least half the dudes at in the pool have their underpants on under their swim shorts. You can see the SAXX or Under Armour waist band sticking out. Why?God,why? A lot of them are coming from the gym and just showering as is, I swear! There are signs saying showering is required before entering the pool, one would think that changing into swimwear should be assumed, but it is not.... I mean the board shorts are bad enough, but these guys are layering up! I almost want to say something, but what can I say? "Take your f@?$%ing underpants off, buddy!" Won't go over too well...
Yikes that is disgusting. People Should be considerate. I mean dipping into the pool after working out without cleaning properly is just inconsiderate. I can't imagine the smell of the pool and the amount of bacteria in it. 5 bags of chlorine won't be enough to kill them lol

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 pm

You can smell/taste it in the water, everything, Sweat, deodorant etc and in open water you can also smell/taste boats, birds, if the bottom has been stirred up, the lot.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Oddly in some Maryland public pools I see that often but I was using a DC pool which was stating proper swim wear required. But yeah odd see people swimming in under armour leggings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk