G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Spring Break

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Spring Break

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 pm

We're heading to my in-laws place on the beach for spring break. We'll have the house to ourselves, just me, my wife, and our kids.

I thought it would be fun to get a new speedo for the trip, so I ordered one online last week. The order was a little short to qualify for free shipping, so I added a matching suit in my son's size.

They arrived in the mail today. However, now that it's here, I have no idea how to bring up the idea with my son. He's always worn shorts, and he'll probably be embarrassed about wearing something smaller.

Any thoughts/advice?

ChicagoDan

Re: Spring Break

Post by ChicagoDan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 pm

If he has always seen you in a speedo, he may try it if there aren't a lot of people aroung, especially if he doesn't know anyone there. Just give it to him, see what he says, whats the worst that can happen, he doesn't wear it?

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:20 pm

How old is your son Speedodad? If he’s young enough, he’ll feel cool wearing what his dad wears. If he’s older (like 11/12+) he may question the change but you can explain to him that you want to give him different, more practical and comfortable alternatives since you’re staying in a private house to try out. He can then take it or leave it. Good luck! Share the rest of the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:44 am

Agree with both answers above. Just mention the benefits of speedos and say he might want to try when no one else about and let him make up his mind.
Let us know how it goes.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:47 am

Did you talk to your son yet? How'd the convo go?
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I'd give him the speedos as a gift but leave it up to him to decide whether he wants to wear them or not. A boy that age is perfectly capable of choosing his own wardrobe. Give him the option but give him other options too. Maybe he'll just wear his speedos under his shorts for surfing/beach days?

rmf

Post by rmf » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 am

While my son is young, we gave him a choice when he was very little and he gravitated towards spandex suits because they dry quicker. As he has grown, it's the type he prefers but depending where we are at, will chose between briefs, square and jammers (because he also hates wearing sun block so jammers covers more of the leg). Like mentioned above, tell him you bought him a pair to either wear underneath shorts or if he wants, he has option to wear them alone. But wearing under the shorts is definitely a great way because it's you see kids wearing stuff under their shorts all the time.
straight, married w/ kids.

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:01 am

Hey, SpeedoDad. Great question. I think every young man NEEDS to hear and know it from his own father that he can cut it, that his father is proud of him, his abilities/strengths/accomplishments.

With few if any rites of passage left in developed for men, let him know he's ready for yet another step. One father may give to his son a pocketknife or watch like his own -- or pass his own as an heirloom.

In any event, the priority you've made to relationship build with your son is admirable.

Good luck on the family Spring break holiday and enjoy the fleeting moments, as they go quickly!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm

I tried to be as casual as possible when I gave him the speedo. I simply said I'd bought a new suit for myself and picked one up for him as well, thinking he might like a new one for our vacation. He seemed disinterested, but took the suit.

The next morning, I saw the unopened box sitting on his dresser. However, when I went to get him for dinner that night, I saw an opened box and the swim brief beside it. I didn't mention it to him.

Friday night we had the house to ourselves. My wife and daughter were out for the evening. We were sitting at the table having just finished dinner. There was a pause in the conversation and he asked, "Why did you start wearing speedos?"

We chatted about speedos and their benefits. He was nervous at first, but slowly grew more comfortable. He'd clearly been holding on to some questions he'd wanted to ask, because we got into puberty, girls, etc. We had "The Talk" a little over a year ago, but hadn't had a frank conversation since.

Normally he'd head straight for the TV or computer after dinner on the weekend, but I suggested a dip in the hot tub. To my surprise, he agreed. He went to his room to change while I finished the dishes. Then I went upstairs and changed into my speedo.

He was waiting downstairs with a towel around his waist when I returned. I went outside and got the hot tub ready. I got in. When he joined me, I was glad to see he was wearing the speedo I'd bought him.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:01 am

That's really good!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:16 am

He's 14.

Speedeau
Canada

Post by Speedeau » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Nice! You've got to tell us if he finally wore them during the spring break! It is already a nice step to have put the speedo in the hot tub anyway.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Awww that's a really sweet story about Speedo. It's like a breath of fresh air reading a story that is still about Speedo but not sexual.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:01 am

rozelle wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:36 pm
Awww that's a really sweet story about Speedo. It's like a breath of fresh air reading a story that is still about Speedo but not sexual.
+1
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 am

Great story. Agree with comments from Rozelle. You sound like a great father, one lucky son.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Had a sudden bit of rain this afternoon, so I thought I'd give an update.

We got to the beach house on Saturday. The sun was already starting to set, so we unfortunately didn't have time to hit the beach. After we'd unpacked, I fired up the barbecue to make dinner. We ate out on the deck.

Another family we know is staying a short distance away. Their kids are about the same age as ours and they've all been friends for a while. After dinner, our kids walked down the beach to hang out with them, leaving my wife and I alone.

"Hot tub?" my wife asked after we'd finished cleaning up the dishes. I, of course, agreed.

The hot tub is on the deck. It's exposed to the beach and the neighbor's deck. The house next door has been on and off the market for a couple of years and is usually empty. I'd notice that they'd taken down the for sale sign, but hadn't seen signs of anyone home. The beach was deserted, so we decided to soak au naturel.

After about half an hour, I thought I heard a car pull up next door. Sure enough, lights went on inside the neighbor's house. A woman appeared in the kitchen. When she saw us through the window, she waved. We waved back politely. We could see other people moving about behind her.

"Should we head inside?" I asked my wife.

"Let's wait until they're gone," she replied.

They busied themselves in the kitchen for a few minutes. Instead of going to another room, however, the woman opened the door and came out onto their deck. She introduced herself. Lara and her husband had bought the place next door a few weeks earlier and were there for Spring Break. Her husband, Steven, came out a minute later with a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses. They sat down, and we chatted across the short gap between the decks.

"I really need to cool off," my wife said to me. We'd been in the water for quite a while. There was no way to get out of the tub without exposing ourselves, and we hadn't thought to bring out towels or robes.

"Everything okay?" Lara asked, perhaps noticing our concerned expressions.

"We've about hit our limit in here," I said. I paused. "This is a little awkward. We thought we had the place to ourselves and decided to soak nude."

Lara's expression changed as she understood our predicament. She smiled and said, "Of course. In Switzerland, we always use the bad (bath) without clothing."

"Took me by surprise the first time I visited," said Steven. "Not exactly how I was expecting to get to know her family." We laughed. "Just about had a heart attack when I jumped in the lake after sweating in the sauna."

"You have too cool off," said Lara. "It's good for the skin. We used to roll around in the snow when we were younger."

"Too bad we don't have either," said my wife.

"You use your shower?" asked Lara, gesturing toward the shower on the deck.

My wife and I exchanged a glance. "We don't want to offend," said my wife.

"Don't mind us," said Steven.

Awkwardly, we climbed out of the time. "Should we go inside?" I whispered to my wife.

"It seems rude to just leave now," she said. "Let's cool off and do another quick round. Then we can excuse ourselves."

We went over to the shower on the deck and rinsed off under the cool water.

"Feels wonderful, doesn't it?" said Lara. We agreed.

We got back in the tub and continued chatting. After an appropriate amount of time, we said goodnight and went inside. When the door closed, we laughed like a couple of kids who'd been caught.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm

We slept in the next morning and had a leisurely breakfast. Everyone wanted to hit the beach, so we went to change into our swimsuits.

My son was on the deck in a pair of swim shorts and a t-shirt when I came outside in my new speedo. I didn't say anything about it to him. My wife and daughter joined us shortly after. They'd both bought new swimsuits for the trip. My wife, who tends to wear full bikinis, was showing a good amount of cheek. Our daughter was wearing a thong.

"Did you know she was going to wear a thong?" I asked my wife as we headed down to the water.

"All the girls her age wear them," she replied.

We sunned and swam until it was time for lunch. I was glad to see my son was at least comfortable enough to lose the t-shirt and enjoy the beach in his shorts. We went back to the house to eat. Then we relaxed on the deck for a little while before going back to the beach.

When it started cooling off, we went inside to shower and get dressed. We made dinner and ate on the deck again.

"Watch the sunset from the hot tub?" my wife asked. We were all up for a soak.

I changed into my other speedo, while my wife put on a different bikini. We went out to the deck and got into the hot tub. My son joined us. I was glad to see that he'd chosen to wear his new speedo. Neither of us said anything about it.

Our daughter came outside wrapped in a towel. She tossed it on a chair next to the hot tub and quickly got in with us. She was wearing a bottom as skimpy as the one she'd had on that day, but no top. I waited for my wife to say something, but she seemed unperturbed.

We watched the sunset and enjoyed the water. When it was dark, we rinsed off before going inside. My son was clearly having trouble knowing where to look. We went to our rooms to change into pajamas.

It wasn't too late, so we'd decided to watch a movie. I made popcorn, while my wife looked for something to watch on her parent's Apple TV. When I joined her, our son was there in sweats and a t-shirt. Our daughter was last to arrive again, this time dressed in only thong panties.

"Can you help me get some water in the kitchen?" I asked my wife. She let the kids take over the remote.

"Shouldn't we talk to her?" I asked when we were alone.

"She's just experimenting," replied my wife. "It's not unusual at her age."

"And what about [our son]?"

"Something tells me he's not going to complain."

"So we just do nothing?"

"Do you know how hard it is for girls her age to be positive about their bodies? I don't want to do anything to compromise that."

We rejoined them in the living room. They'd found a movie, so we sat down to watch it together. When it was over, we went to get ready for bed.

Before we went to sleep, our daughter came into our room. "Goodnight," she said. We said goodnight. "Thanks for being so cool today," she added before she shut the door. We went to sleep.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:40 am

We got back from our Spring Break vacation this afternoon. Everyone was sad to leave the beach. We all had a great time.

After my son wore his speedo in the hot tub, I wondered if he'd be brave enough to wear it to the beach. I got my answer the next morning when he came out in his shorts and we headed down to the water the next day. We soaked in the hot tub again that evening and he wore his speedo as he had the previous night.

Our third day on the beach, he wore his shorts. We decided to get lunch in town that afternoon, so we all got dressed and drove to a restaurant we enjoy. There was still plenty of daylight when we got back, so we decided to go back down to the water.

This time, he came outside wearing his speedo. "Shorts are still wet," he said as way of explanation without any prompting. We all went down to the water.

At first, he appeared to be quite nervous. But, as the afternoon wore on, he grew more comfortable. By the end of the day, he was really enjoying himself.

The next day, he skipped the shorts altogether and came outside in his speedo after breakfast. He was a little nervous again, but quickly got over it.

I'm happy to report that I never saw the shorts again. He wore his speedo exclusively for the rest of the trip. It wasn't without a few embarrassing moments, but he was very positive about the experience.

Overall it was a great vacation. We had a fun time and grew closer as a family. Our evening soaks became more and more clothing optional, and we had some deep conversations that we haven't had in a long time.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 am

What a great positive family story.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 am

Great holiday. Also really pleased that all of your family are confident in themselves and each other.