G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Spring Break

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rockman748

Re: Spring Break

Post by rockman748 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 pm

That sounds like a nice vacation. Did the neighbors from Switzerland ever wear speedos out on the beach while you were there? Also, if you don't mind me asking how old are your kids? I never had any experiences quite like that growing up, but then again no one would want to see my parents naked, or my brother for that matter.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Our daughter was wearing a thong.

"Did you know she was going to wear a thong?" I asked my wife as we headed down to the water.

"All the girls her age wear them," she replied.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what is her age? I ask because I have a couple fiction stories I'm contemplating writing featuring women in their twenties whose backstories go back to when they are teenagers. I'd like the descriptions of their activities in the earlier years to be accurate to today's reality. I am aware that it is now popular for girls (as in young women) to be wearing "cheeky bottoms" bikinis, which aren't totally thongs, but show a lot more butt cheek than the more conservative bottoms that American girls have been known to prefer. I also always assumed that the women that would choose to wear a thong bottom or especially a G-string bottom would primarily be those that are the most self confident and are able to cast off any inhibitions, and assumed they'd mostly be in their twenties by the time they achieved that level, with much fewer of them still being teenagers. Perhaps I'm out of touch in my assumptions? I'm certainly not immersed in their world.

Great trip report, by the way!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 pm

rockman748 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 pm
That sounds like a nice vacation. Did the neighbors from Switzerland ever wear speedos out on the beach while you were there? Also, if you don't mind me asking how old are your kids? I never had any experiences quite like that growing up, but then again no one would want to see my parents naked, or my brother for that matter.
Lara is from Switzerland, but Steven is American. He didn't wear speedos, just shorts that went down to the mid-thigh.

My son is 14 and my daughter is 16. It wasn't something we'd done before, but was quite liberating for all of us. My wife wants to make it a regular thing. We have family dinner on Friday nights, so I think we'll end the evening with a soak.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:58 pm

diveguy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 am
SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Our daughter was wearing a thong.

"Did you know she was going to wear a thong?" I asked my wife as we headed down to the water.

"All the girls her age wear them," she replied.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what is her age? I ask because I have a couple fiction stories I'm contemplating writing featuring women in their twenties whose backstories go back to when they are teenagers. I'd like the descriptions of their activities in the earlier years to be accurate to today's reality. I am aware that it is now popular for girls (as in young women) to be wearing "cheeky bottoms" bikinis, which aren't totally thongs, but show a lot more butt cheek than the more conservative bottoms that American girls have been known to prefer. I also always assumed that the women that would choose to wear a thong bottom or especially a G-string bottom would primarily be those that are the most self confident and are able to cast off any inhibitions, and assumed they'd mostly be in their twenties by the time they achieved that level, with much fewer of them still being teenagers. Perhaps I'm out of touch in my assumptions? I'm certainly not immersed in their world.

Great trip report, by the way!
My daughter is 16.

We saw quite a few cheeky bikinis on the beach. Of those, maybe 5% were thongs. My daughter called hers a "cheeky". I was curious what the manufacturer called it, so she sent me a link to their page.

http://www.bodyglove.com/store/women/sw ... wim-bottom

They call it a "thong". I guess the kids just use different terms these days.

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 pm
rockman748 wrote:
Lara is from Switzerland, but Steven is American. He didn't wear speedos, just shorts that went down to the mid-thigh.

My son is 14 and my daughter is 16. It wasn't something we'd done before, but was quite liberating for all of us. My wife wants to make it a regular thing. We have family dinner on Friday nights, so I think we'll end the evening with a soak.
What does your daughter think of you and her brother wearing speedos? Surely someone who is self-confident enough to wear the swimsuit you linked would have some sort of opinions on her family wearing speedos. It's always one of those things that I wonder what teens think, but would never ask them personally.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 pm

I have a daughter approaching 16, and I don't think I would be comfortable with her in a thong. I know my wife wouldn't. She has, however, seen me in speedos a number of times, and it doesn't seem to bother her.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 pm

rockman748 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 pm
SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 pm
rockman748 wrote:

What does your daughter think of you and her brother wearing speedos? Surely someone who is self-confident enough to wear the swimsuit you linked would have some sort of opinions on her family wearing speedos. It's always one of those things that I wonder what teens think, but would never ask them personally.
She's been very positive about speedos since I started wearing them. One of my daughter's friends and her family were over for dinner about a month ago. We'd planned to use the hot tub after dinner. I didn't want to embarrass her, so I asked if she'd prefer I wear shorts. "You look way better in your speedo," she replied. "Why would you wear shorts?" I wore the speedo, of course.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:58 pm

My daughter is 16.

We saw quite a few cheeky bikinis on the beach. Of those, maybe 5% were thongs. My daughter called hers a "cheeky". I was curious what the manufacturer called it, so she sent me a link to their page.

http://www.bodyglove.com/store/women/sw ... wim-bottom

They call it a "thong". I guess the kids just use different terms these days.
Thanks for replying! I notice that manufacturers aren't consistent in the names they give their suit styles, either. I can see why Body Glove calls it a "thong", and I agree it does basically qualify as one, but I think it's also a cut that a different manufacturer might not call a thong. After seeing lots of thong bottoms where there's no question but that they're a thong, I agree with your daughter. Based on today's style norms, I think her bottom is more realistically a "cheeky bottom", and not quite a full on thong.

I guess it must be nuanced, like knowing the subtle differences in fine wines. Call me a bikini connoisseur!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Obe1
United States of America

Post by Obe1 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:39 pm

I guess I speak for concerned parents or grandparents. We don’t want our children to become sexual earlier than 30! And after they are married. I have twin grand daughters and they are teenagers now. There are starting to feel a need to dress short shorts and put things on display. So I get why out culture is one of modesty. That’s the flip side. My step daughter and her husband are a naturalist family and keep there private time away from the kids, but not make nudity a bad thing. We as grandparents set back and keep quite and watch. Yes, I admit if my 15 year old granddaughters came out in thongs swimwear I don’t know how I feel about it. So I see the Delma... we want to protect our children from the harm of the outside world.

The term appropriate attire... is what I am talking about. Speedos for boys, youths, young men, and men are fine unless we push associations to sexual orientation on others that choose to wear them. Thongs as swimwear is fine to me as adults. A natural family with the understanding about appropriate wear for others is the rub. My grandkids parent live on a beach coast line and have visited other countries. The twins all have vacationed together at family gatherings and clothing optional beaches. I asked because of there no tan lines when they visited us. So being adults is key and not over reacting. Teach how to make choices and be responsible is all we can do. If you choose to dress provocatively be careful of the outside harms that can be attracted to you, not that it’s your fault but how it makes you a target. If on spring break you not in a group and choose to wear a Thong in the beach be aware of your surroundings.

Yeah I danced around the issues here... and I sleep in the nude. My grandkids would always come jump in the bed with my wife and I. I was the one uncomfy. Once I say girls let grandpa get dressed and I be right back. I get up nude and walk to the bathroom. You haven’t lived as a grandparent and your in the shower and the grandkids come in!! They have gotten older now and don’t do that now. But these are situations that we impose our own perceptions to our kids.

Think don’t just react.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superqueer
United States of America

Post by superqueer » Sat May 05, 2018 6:20 am

Oh no, usually you have something to say about everything.

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 pm

superqueer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 6:20 am
Oh no, usually you have something to say about everything.
i have been suspicioning that 'superqueer' is probly another id for someone already on the forum. this proves it to me. how else would a brand new user know that mitch replies to alot of posts? i think 'superqueer' is trying to prove a point.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat May 05, 2018 3:33 pm

I agree VOL, definitely trying to push some people's buttons. Every comment is oversexualized.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm

superqueer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 4:41 pm
Oh, do you think? LOL. I guess we should get used to it. That's how we decided to go with this forum, far as I can tell.
I think you have made your point quite well. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Got me guessing who you are...any hints?

superqueer
United States of America

Post by superqueer » Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Ha, it doesn't matter who I am.
A PM I got from Mitch gave away that he thought I was yet another of Jace's fictional members, had successfully "hit every thread" and was sure to "get them pissy".
Yeah. I know what's going on here.
I rarely posted at this site, I'm much more active in the other speedo chat room, you know, the one with protocol and moderators who keep it cool.

superqueer
United States of America

Post by superqueer » Sun May 06, 2018 12:26 am

LOL who cares?

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sun May 06, 2018 2:51 am

superqueer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 pm
I rarely posted at this site, I'm much more active in the other speedo chat room, you know, the one with protocol and moderators who keep it cool.
other speedo chat room? i didnt know about any others. what is it?

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sun May 06, 2018 12:18 pm

jace wrote:The only fictional member is your dick.Dave will sort you out.
Bullying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)