G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Key West?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Key West?

Post by Bospeedodude » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 am

I'm booked to go to Key West from April 16-20 with some friends. We're staying in two groups, at the Island House and at the Chelsea House. I know one is clothing optional (not my cup of tea, nor most of my friends'), and the other isn't. Does anyone have any suggestions as where to hang out, beach/pool-wise?

violaboy
United States of America

Re: Key West?

Post by violaboy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 am

I actually just booked Island House for July. Excited for it! For the beach, I've heard Smathers Beach is the most speedo friendly there.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 am

I haven't been to Key West in some time, well before the recent hurricane. That said, the beaches there are only so-so, speedo or not. There's no breaking surf and not much sand beach. It's like being on a lake. However....there are boats that can take you out snorkeling, some of them gay-friendly where I'm sure speedos would work. Looks like Blu Q is one of them. They have an all-male sail/snorkel/paddle. A pic in the gallery shows one guy wearing a sunga width brief. Boat activities are a good way to experience the Keys, I think. Places like Island House have a lot of facilities within the resort. I've only been to some national chain motels in KW that had a pool where you could do laps. There were other lap swimmers in speedos.

www.bluqkeywest.com/sail--snorkel--padd ... -male.html
Last edited by Thom on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm heading to Logan International Airport on this miserable day (weather wise) here in Boston to catch my flight to Florida. A bunch of friends of mine were there last week for a birthday trip and stayed at the same places this group of friends and I will be staying, and said they had a lot of fun (especially at Island House!). I'll be with two others at the New Orleans House, while my friends are staying at the Chelsea House and Island House. I'll fill you all in on how it was when I get back!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Have a good trip. The weather should be okay. The water temp is in the high seventies now. (About 26C)
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Bospeedodude wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 am
I'll fill you all in on how it was when I get back!
Please give us an update when you can.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Mitch wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 am
Thom wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 am
I haven't been to Key West in some time, well before the recent hurricane. That said, the beaches there are only so-so, speedo or not. There's no breaking surf and not much sand beach. It's like being on a lake. However....there are boats that can take you out snorkeling, some of them gay-friendly where I'm sure speedos would work. Looks like Blu Q is one of them. They have an all-male sail/snorkel/paddle. A pic in the gallery shows one guy wearing a sunga width brief. Boat activities are a good way to experience the Keys, I think. Places like Island House have a lot of facilities within the resort. I've only been to some national chain motels in KW that had a pool where you could do laps. There were other lap swimmers in speedos.

www.bluqkeywest.com/sail--snorkel--padd ... -male.html
Now this would be an awesome trip thom I’m hoping to hear abou this please up date us
I'm thinking of going down in the fall, September. Am waiting for a report from Bospeedodude. I'd really like to take a day boat trip for snorkeling, stand up paddle, etc. I'm older so I'll probably stay at a chain hotel with a good pool for laps.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Bospeedodude wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 am
I'm booked to go to Key West from April 16-20 with some friends. We're staying in two groups, at the Island House and at the Chelsea House. I know one is clothing optional (not my cup of tea, nor most of my friends'), and the other isn't. Does anyone have any suggestions as where to hang out, beach/pool-wise?
If you get this, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your trip to the Keys.
Long time Speedo® lover

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Oh, it was an awesome trip. I ended up staying at the New Orleans House with a friend, so spent some time there. The pool scene was a little dead but I did manage to make it to the Island House a couple of times to lay out in the sun (and ended up mistakenly walking through the bathhouse in in my speedo). I really want to go back again soon!