G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Will and Grace

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

ChicagoDan

Will and Grace

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:08 am

Did anyone see the latest Will and Grace episode? Jack went to a gay resort, lots of hot guys in speedos. I can't seem to find any video of it on youtube, though. They guard their show pretty tight, it appears.

rozelle
Indonesia

Re: Will and Grace

Post by rozelle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 am

I haven't but now I will!!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:27 pm

rozelle wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 am
You can stream it here: https://www.nbc.com/will-and-grace/vide ... ir/3692621

The resort/speedo scene is at the 2:30 min. mark, and doesn't last long.

You can also subscribe to Hulu and view it there.

Hmmm. Will's been working on his abs.
Long time Speedo® lover

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:27 pm
rozelle wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 am
You can stream it here: https://www.nbc.com/will-and-grace/vide ... ir/3692621

The resort/speedo scene is at the 2:30 min. mark, and doesn't last long.

You can also subscribe to Hulu and view it there.

Hmmm. Will's been working on his abs.
Thanks Thom! I've seen the episode but forgot to post a follow up comment here. I saw it and OMG I WANT TO GO TO THAT RESORT! I would totally be an extras for Will & Grace and show off my speedo on cam (and get paid too!). that sounds like a fun gig.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 am

I smile at the humor in this, but it only reinforces the notion that speedos are only for gay guys. That's all you get from pop culture, and this is yet another example. We're still a long way off from TV and movies showing guys in speedos in a setting that isn't a gay resort, or swimming laps in an olympic sized pool.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:25 am

rozelle wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks Thom! I've seen the episode but forgot to post a follow up comment here. I saw it and OMG I WANT TO GO TO THAT RESORT! I would totally be an extras for Will & Grace and show off my speedo on cam (and get paid too!). that sounds like a fun gig.
With your awesome speedo build, you'd be hired!

T
Long time Speedo® lover

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 am

diveguy wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 am
I smile at the humor in this, but it only reinforces the notion that speedos are only for gay guys. That's all you get from pop culture, and this is yet another example. We're still a long way off from TV and movies showing guys in speedos in a setting that isn't a gay resort, or swimming laps in an olympic sized pool.
Well the thing is no one pushes this topic. No one talks that they like to wear Speedo. Instead they keep it a secret and when they see other people in Speedo only then they would come out of their shells and ditch the boardies. If men are as loud as women about what they want I'm sure people would hear it and then eventually we'll see a change in pop culture.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:29 am

Thom wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:25 am
rozelle wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:20 pm

With your awesome speedo build, you'd be hired!

T
Awww thanks Tom!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:03 am

diveguy wrote:
We're still a long way off from TV and movies showing guys in speedos in a setting that isn't a gay resort, or swimming laps in an olympic sized pool.
Christopher Atkins played a lifeguard in the series Dallas in the eighties (jeesh, that seems so long ago). I think the setting was a country club. His character was definitely heterosexual. Wearing a speedo didn't seem that unusual then, but you probably wouldn't see it today. When he was discovered for Blue Lagoon, he was, in real life, a lifeguard and sailing instructor in New York state. He wore (and may still wear) his speedos well. I can remember wishing I looked as good in mine as he did in his. He was always very confident in his own skin. The image is from an episode in 1983 when Atkins was 22.

Long time Speedo® lover

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Thom wrote:
diveguy wrote:
We're still a long way off from TV and movies showing guys in speedos in a setting that isn't a gay resort, or swimming laps in an olympic sized pool.
Christopher Atkins played a lifeguard in the series Dallas in the eighties (jeesh, that seems so long ago). I think the setting was a country club. His character was definitely heterosexual. Wearing a speedo didn't seem that unusual then, but you probably wouldn't see it today. When he was discovered for Blue Lagoon, he was, in real life, a lifeguard and sailing instructor in New York state. He wore (and may still wear) his speedos well. I can remember wishing I looked as good in mine as he did in his. He was always very confident in his own skin. The image is from an episode in 1983 when Atkins was 22.

The Caddy Shack movie pool scene also had a Speedo sighting. Danny’s buddy had a black 3-4” speedo on and was a stud in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 am

Atkins certainly had an incredible body. I remember watching Blue Lagoon with awe!!

What a shame speedos are often portrayed as funny on TV instead of really hot ...

scott1636
United States of America

Post by scott1636 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am

The guy in Caddy Shack was Canadian actor Scott Colomby. The guy Mitch is referring too is Lorenzo Lamas.
Attachments
Scott Colomby01.jpg
Scott Colomby01.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
Lorenzo Lamas16.jpg
Lorenzo Lamas16.jpg (55.91 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
Lorenzo Lamas30+.jpg
Lorenzo Lamas30+.jpg (44.2 KiB) Viewed 7548 times

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

I don't know who that Atkins guy is but he is indeed cute! And he looks good in his blue Speedo!

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm

I wish my vacations were like Jack’s! Some of those suits were surprisingly showy for network tv. Yeah, it plays into the gay speedo stereotype, but any publicity is good publicity for speedos, I think. The more people see them in any portrayal, the more they'll get desensitized to 'em.

Atkins strikes me as being very comfortable in his own skin. I just watched Blue Lagoon last week. (It’s back on Amazon Prime.) Tidbit: the director originally wanted Chris and Brook’s characters to be completely nude through the whole movie. A lot of actors turned down the role because of the nudity.
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

The Caddy Shack movie pool scene also had a Speedo sighting. Danny’s buddy had a black 3-4” speedo on and was a stud in the movie.
Thanks for posting. Somehow I've missed Caddyshack, which has become a classic. And you're right, in that era, a studley dude could wear a speedo regardless of his orientation. The Lorenzo Lamas pic in this thread is another good example. I remember seeing a pic of him in Life magazine squeezing into his wetsuit on Venice Beach in Santa Monica. Here's a Lamas Falcon Crest pic.
Llamas.png
Falcon Crest
Llamas.png (905.64 KiB) Viewed 7505 times
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

ExBex wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Atkins strikes me as being very comfortable in his own skin. I just watched Blue Lagoon last week. (It’s back on Amazon Prime.) Tidbit: the director originally wanted Chris and Brook’s characters to be completely nude through the whole movie. A lot of actors turned down the role because of the nudity.
Wow, that's interesting. Being comfortable being mostly naked was a key to his success. A lot of younger actors in that era weren't comfortable doing it or didn't have the body he had to do it. He enjoyed showing off. Today, young actors spend a lot more time in the gym than they did in the early eighties.

There's a scene in "A Night in Heaven" where Atkins plays a male stripper who is forced to be naked and humiliated by the husband of a woman in the film with whom he had an affair. Even though it's acting, it had to be difficult to play that scene. Ironically, he had less success with the films in which he was fully clothed, and his career faded.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 pm

rozelle wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am
I don't know who that Atkins guy is but he is indeed cute! And he looks good in his blue Speedo!
His career peaked 35 years ago. He's had minor roles since. His breakthrough was Blue Lagoon. According to the IMDb, Atkins was chosen over Sean Penn for the lead.
Long time Speedo® lover

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:12 am

rozelle wrote:
Atkins shot to fame, wearing nothing but a loincloth in The Blue Lagoon. A very sexy movie and quite controversial in its time (80s). The movie also featured a young Brook Shields and they had to glue her hair to her breasts for modesty reasons.

That Lorenzo fellow is a hottie too. Wow!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:20 am

blueflinch wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:12 am
rozelle wrote:
Atkins shot to fame, wearing nothing but a loincloth in The Blue Lagoon. A very sexy movie and quite controversial in its time (80s). The movie also featured a young Brook Shields and they had to glue her hair to her breasts for modesty reasons.

You're right. Blue Lagoon pushed a lot of limits. Brooke Shields was 15!!! I don't think you could make that film today with actors that young. I read where they used body doubles for some of the nude scenes. Atkins double was one of the pilots that flew them to the island for filming. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying, "Hey would you like to get paid to be an extra to swim naked?" I would have jumped at the chance.

Anyway, here's Atkins in his loincloth. The less clothes he wore, the more confident he got.
christopher_atkins_290109.jpg
Atkins Lagoon
christopher_atkins_290109.jpg (107.25 KiB) Viewed 7549 times
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 am

Mitch wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:25 am
It was awesome back then
Mitch, it was.