G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Tanning

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoUSA

Tanning

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sat May 19, 2018 7:51 pm

What’s your go to tanning lotion?
Baby Oil, tanning oils...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

Mazda3mps
Australia

Re: Tanning

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 am

i dont use taning oil.. is that bad? :P

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:17 am

I can get away with a relatively low factor (spf 10) without burning, despite being a white European, but always enusure I wear something when sunbathing. Heard people using baby oil in the past, but surely this offers no protection whatsoever. I love to watch a speedo tan line develop over the week while on holiday

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sun May 20, 2018 6:45 am

When I go out in the sun for more than 10 minutes or so, not only for tanning, but also for cycling, working, walking or so, I usually take sun-protection-cream with SPF 50. It's often written on the package that this is the Australian standard.
Yes, in Europe we have sun that may cause sunburn, too. Isn't it?
So I hardly don't have a really visible tanline at all until the end of the summer, but this doesn't bother me.

Obe1
United States of America

Post by Obe1 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:21 pm

I was reading about this subject. That less than 50 SPF is better to allow Vitamin D to happen. That beyond 50 SPF can even be harmful chemicals on your skin. Some tanning oils or Coconut oil have up to SPF 15 in them. It also suggested watch hot spots like nose, ears, top of shoulders and could use 30 Spf in those areas to avoided burns.

I have no practical experience, I just was doing to research to avoid getting burned again like last week. I going to try this week that combination since I am so fair skinned. My burn last week happens quick, and lasted now a week and still have hot spots. No pealing so far using Mary Kay after sun replenishing gel. In sure it has Aloe Vera in it.

Any advise I am all ears

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 am

I do not use tanning oil or sunscreen.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

BJE wrote:I do not use tanning oil or sunscreen.
Looks like you tan easily BJ, no concerns with burning or uv protection?

Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 pm

I don’t usually spend enough time in the sun to burn. If I’m going to be in direct sun for many hours I will use sunscreen on my ears, face and the tops of my shoulders. I can take an hour or two in the sun without burning but I work up to that.

Here is a picture of me from last summer.
345DB015-EE24-454A-970F-6385C3C57E32.jpeg
345DB015-EE24-454A-970F-6385C3C57E32.jpeg (139.1 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Avoid using any lotions (all that greasy mess!!) by tanning early or late in the day when the sun isn't very strong. If I'm out and about in strong sun I always use factor 50 sunblock on my arms, legs and neck/face to avoid those dreadful tanlines you get when wearing t-shirts / shorts. Odd thing - for about 10 years now I find that my back and chest can't tolerate any direct exposure to sunlight - start to burn within minutes, but face/neck, arms and below waist has no problem??? So when tanning I wear a T-shirt - UV gets through in small amounts and slowly a tan builds up.
Speedos - the only way to swim...