G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Florida Panhandle Report

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Upforfun
United States of America

Re: Florida Panhandle Report

Post by Upforfun » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:51 pm

rmf wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 am
We will be down that area again in a few weeks. I have no doubt it will be the same except less crowed since the schools in the South will be back in session.
Won’t be long and I’ll be on the gulf coast beach!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:02 pm

rmf wrote:
We will be down that area again in a few weeks. I have no doubt it will be the same except less crowed since the schools in the South will be back in session.
How did it go?!?!?

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:48 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:02 pm
rmf wrote:
How did it go?!?!?
It was good. My family was the only ones wearing briefs of course. Beach wasn't crowed so it was good. The hurricane passed by so it rained a few days in the end where you couldn't even go to the beach.
straight, married w/ kids.

MPC
United States of America

Post by MPC » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 am

How speedo friendly is the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area?

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:32 am

MPC wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 am
How speedo friendly is the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area?
Not very. We went to Destin in August of this year and I was the only person in speedos I saw the entire week. RMF stays on 30A and I think it's the same there.

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Yep. We always stay on 30A - Seagrove area. Usually my son and I are the only two. Occasionally I have seen guys in square cut suits. A friend of ours met us down there one time (vacation) and he wears square cut when he travels. But it was just us wearing them.

We we do go down there in August to avoid the huge summer crowds. We haven't had any negative comments, even when a decent amount of people are on the beach. People probably think we are foreigners or something...

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:39 am

Just got back from the Florida panhandle (again), and I was the only person that I saw all week in speedos. I DID lay out next to my wife for a couple of hours, so that was a bit of a win...
FL_tanning.jpeg
FL_tanning.jpeg (197.61 KiB) Viewed 2703 times

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am

How did your wife feel about the situation and do you think going forward it will still be an issue?

We are heading down to 30A next month when it's less crowed. I know my son and I will be the only ones wearing them since I don't know if I ever say anyone in briefs but maybe once or twice. I picked up a new Father / Son matching swim briefs recently so it should be good...

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:16 am

rmf wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am
How did your wife feel about the situation and do you think going forward it will still be an issue?
She was tolerant if not enthusiastic. My take is that she'll never fully be behind the idea, but that she'll put up with me wearing them because she loves me. In the past, she's been DEAD SET against me wearing them in public, but now, she was more like, "why do you want to embarrass yourself like that?" So I guess she's coming around?

We're going back to Florida in October for Columbus Day weekend and I plan to go with briefs then, too. I'll let you know what she says.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:26 am

52dno98,

Suggest she dress a bit more modestly for the beach.

Here are many good choices.

https://www.amazon.com/burkini-swimwear ... i+swimwear

Be prepared to sleep on the living room couch for a week or so. :mrgreen:

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 am

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:26 am
52dno98,

Suggest she dress a bit more modestly for the beach.

Here are many good choices.

https://www.amazon.com/burkini-swimwear ... i+swimwear

Be prepared to sleep on the living room couch for a week or so. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 am

I am heading to Ft Walton around New Years (not my choice...). Not worried about whether anyone is wearing a speedo or not, but can anyone tell me if weather is speedo-friendly there at that time? I am at the same latitude, just on the east coast of FL, and the air temps are usually fine around New Years; just not in the water.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:49 am

It will be about the same. I have been there during Christmas and New Years. If you get a clear sunny day, sitting on the beach is ok but it will be on the cooler side if there is a breeze. If I recall correctly, the days were in the upper 60's / low 70's.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:20 pm

rmf wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:49 am
It will be about the same. I have been there during Christmas and New Years. If you get a clear sunny day, sitting on the beach is ok but it will be on the cooler side if there is a breeze. If I recall correctly, the days were in the upper 60's / low 70's.
Agreed. It CAN be pretty cold- like into the 40's, but it's not predictable.