G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Would you wear a speedo to a work event?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Would you wear a speedo to a work event?

Post by SpeedoSimone » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Next month all the office will go to a 3 day "team building" trip to the beach. We will rent some hotel rooms and chill at the beach, pools and local bars. We are about 30 people, very international, all under 35 years old and mostly guys.

Im wondering if I should pack only speedos for the trip, but Im not sure. These are people I see every day and Im not sure if its a professional decision to take them to the trip. What would you guys do?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeedoSimone on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandford50
Great Britain

Re: Would you wear a speedo to a work event?

Post by sandford50 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 am

Pack them they are only small, and play it by ear and test the mood of the group when you are there. You’d kick yourself if you left them at home to find other guys wearing them

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 am

I agree with the guy above me. Just pack them but also bring some boardshorts. If everyone seems cool then go ahead and wear it. I went to a beach with my workmates and I wore Speedo a couple times. But there were only 5 of us so the crowd is easy to steer.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 pm
Next month all the office will go to a 3 day "team building" trip to the beach. We will rent some hotel rooms and chill at the beach, pools and local bars. We are about 30 people, very international, all under 35 years old and mostly guys.

Im wondering if I should pack only speedos for the trip, but Im not sure. These are people I see every day and Im not sure if its a professional decision to take them to the trip. What would you guys do?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
this sounds amazing. definitely pack some speedos.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:39 am

Wear the speedos under shorts, and let the waist show above the shorts a bit. See what kind of reaction you get.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:50 pm

It's just a swimsuit. Wear your Speedo with confidence.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

PNWGuy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:50 pm
It's just a swimsuit. Wear your Speedo with confidence.
It may be just a swimsuit, but it is not viewed that way by most people. I am with the others who say bring both and test the waters. Are you a lap swimmer for exercise? If so, you could declare that you want to get some open water swimming in. Drop the board shorts, put on your goggles (and swim fins if you have them) and go for it. This would be a great way to get some great swimming in, and it will make your wearing of speedos much more natural. Just my two cents...

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:12 am

Personally, I wouldn't, unless you live in a place where speedos are commonplace. Find out what the other guys are wearing and wear the same - "When in Rome ..." You could always wear speedos under your boardies to cover all bases. :P

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 am

While I can’t tell you what to do I can lend food for thought. If they have an issue with it then that’s their problem. If they mention anything to you say it’s what your are comfortable wearing just as they are comfortable wearing boardshorts.

Like others have said be confident and don’t let others dictate what you can and can’t wear. You are not doing it for other people’s approval you are doing it for yourself. Put yourself first and don’t stress about it. Oftentimes we stress ourselves out as to what will or may happen in the future and we picture the worst outcome. In reality they might not even mention anything. Good luck and let us know what the outcome is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 am

Tough call to make without knowing your coworkers and the 'culture' of your workplace. I agree with rozelle maybe wear them under trunks peeking out and see what the reaction is. Happy medium may be to wear shorter trunks too.

I went to a work conference once and took speedos to do laps in the hotel pool (which had lap lanes) and a couple of my coworkers saw me...I didn't feel embarrassed since I was in a "swimming uniform" so to speak, and they didn't seem to blink an eye. But I wouldn't have felt comfortable going to a pool party in them with my coworkers.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 am

Since you're German, I assume speedos aren't as big a deal among European guys as they would be in the U.S. I say wear a suit under board shorts and get a feel of the other guys.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Bullseye wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm
It may be just a swimsuit, but it is not viewed that way by most people.
I've worn a Speedo brief in the pool at a professional conference where I was the only one wearing one and it wasn't a big deal to anyone.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Of course, go for it and don't worry about what others may think!
Speedos are still common and it wouldn't be a big deal. You can add to your sports wardrobe other shorts that covers a bit more. But I think it's only depending on your self-confidence. No need at all to worry about.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:34 am

I'd go ahead and wear the speedo. Something I've learned as I've gotten older, is that people aren't paying as much attention to you as you think. There might be some brief awkwardness, but people will forget about it quickly.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:54 am

If your coworkers are mostly european I would say you’d be the odd one out if your not in speedos. I’d put money on most of the guys being in Adidas square cuts

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 pm

rozelle wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 am
I agree with the guy above me. Just pack them but also bring some boardshorts. If everyone seems cool then go ahead and wear it. I went to a beach with my workmates and I wore Speedo a couple times. But there were only 5 of us so the crowd is easy to steer.
Not to embarrass you, Rozelle, but if I had a physique as nice as yours, well, I'd wear a speedo anywhere and everywhere ...

A great body excuses any fashion faux pas, right? :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

I would wear a speedo.

I do Taekwondo at an athletic club and most of our group have seen me in a speedo at the club pool including men, women and children. I’ve never had a negative comment even though I’m the only man at the club who wears one.

Just this past Monday a 65 year old lady from our group, yes I’ve sparred with her, was in the pool when I walked in wearing my Budgy Smuggler Sailor Stripes. She called out my name and waved. Nothing was said about the swim brief. I think most of us get too worked up in our minds over nothing.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Take shorts too and feel it out when there.
Work event isn't the place to be controversial.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 am

BJE wrote:I would wear a speedo.

I do Taekwondo at an athletic club and most of our group have seen me in a speedo at the club pool including men, women and children. I’ve never had a negative comment even though I’m the only man at the club who wears one.

Just this past Monday a 65 year old lady from our group, yes I’ve sparred with her, was in the pool when I walked in wearing my Budgy Smuggler Sailor Stripes. She called out my name and waved. Nothing was said about the swim brief. I think most of us get too worked up in our minds over nothing.
BJE, you sparred with a 65 year old lady? kinda funny... like Kramer on Seinfeld sparring with kids! hope you won!

Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 am
BJE wrote:I would wear a speedo.

BJE, you sparred with a 65 year old lady? kinda funny... like Kramer on Seinfeld sparring with kids! hope you won!

It’s just light contact sparring practice. We rotate partners and spar everyone in the class from about 6 on up. Of course I spar less aggressively with old women and children. I’ve “fought” a lot of teenage girls.