G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sagging

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

blueflinch
Australia

Sagging

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:32 pm

This thread might be a little controversial. I want to query the idea sometimes expressed on this forum that American culture is prudish, shame-ridden, repressed about male body, etc.

Yes, granted, speedos aren't that popular on US beaches. And wieners might not feature on TV as much as boobs or butts (including male butts).

However, didn't you guys give us sagging? Sagging = guys displaying the waistbands/brand names of their underwear above low-slung jeans/shorts/trousers. Personally, I find sagging pretty erotic, especially if the guy isn't wearing a shirt.

A certain pop star (who shall remain nameless) takes sagging to a whole new level. In his stage performances, his whole backside and half his crotch are hanging out of his pants as he struts and gyrates to screams of female adulation.

So ... American culture is very uptight in some ways and very raunchy/suggestive in other ways? This pop star definitely has a mainstream following. :roll: :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Re: Sagging

Post by BJE » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Yes, but saggy pants have been outlawed in some cities. Something I think is stupid since while it may be in bad taste, it’s not indecent exposure.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Maybe its just my age, but I think sagging looks stupid. I dont need to see someones underwear.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:33 am

It’s definitely not age ChicagoDan, I’m young and I don’t like the sagging look. It’s stupid and unattractive. Why would you advertise to people that you don’t know your waist size? I mean aren’t they afraid their pants are gonna fall off?

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:56 am

Not a good look IMHO. Waistband of briefs showing is not too bad but once the briefs themselves show, no.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Hm, I seem to be the only person who finds sagging a little bit sexy. Oh well! :oops: :lol:

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:44 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 pm
Hm, I seem to be the only person who finds sagging a little bit sexy. Oh well! :oops: :lol:
I’m with you blueflinch

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 am

My problem is that part of me wants to go & pull the pants all the way down...

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:39 pm

electric2010 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 am
My problem is that part of me wants to go & pull the pants all the way down...
Hadn't thought of that. :mrgreen:

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Love the silver Calvin band above my black skinny jeans.
Try to pull them down I dare you.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 pm

It had its origins in jails and prisons where inmates aren't allowed to wear belts, and the prison clothing doesn't fit very well. Out of this came a fashion statement.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Thom wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 pm
It had its origins in jails and prisons where inmates aren't allowed to wear belts, and the prison clothing doesn't fit very well. Out of this came a fashion statement.
I’ve also heard that in prison it can mean you are willing to have sex but I can’t confirm that.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:05 pm

BJE wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm
Thom wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 pm
I’ve also heard that in prison it can mean you are willing to have sex but I can’t confirm that.
I've heard that too. Not sure why people would make a fashion statement out of making sodomy more convenient. Made me glad that I've managed to avoid being incarcerated.
Long time Speedo® lover

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 am

My understanding is prisoners aren't allowed to wear belts because they might use belts to hang themselves - an incredibly sad reality. I don't think it has anything to do with sodomy, since all male prisoners are beltless.

Sagging is a custom that started in prisons, then spread to black working-class culture (to express solidarity with the incarcerated), and now white middle-class culture. I think it's more about rebellion than anything, hence its popularity with youth. But once you thrown in designer jeans and the most expensive underwear - it's conventional fashion.

openflypants

Post by openflypants » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

blueflinch wrote:Hm, I seem to be the only person who finds sagging a little bit sexy. Oh well! :oops:
I think it's hot. Maybe because in a underwear pervert

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

openflypants

Post by openflypants » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 am

Pantless wrote:Love the silver Calvin band above my black skinny jeans.
Try to pull them down I dare you.
Post some pix

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 am
My understanding is prisoners aren't allowed to wear belts because they might use belts to hang themselves - an incredibly sad reality. I don't think it has anything to do with sodomy, since all male prisoners are beltless.
Urbandictionary.com mentioned the sodomy business. The prison rules about belts are the primary reason. And it is sad. Prisons have become an industry in the U.S., unfortunately. And a lot of people get there because of prejudice and poverty, which is also sad.
Long time Speedo® lover

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:48 pm

I didn't know about the potential sodomy link. The musicians who have since adopted the style are aggressively macho - at least in their lyrics, stage personas, etc. :lol: Shows you how quickly cultural artefacts can take on new meanings ...