G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Lifeguard Uniform

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Lifeguard Uniform

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:07 am

I went for a swim on Friday, and happened to overlap with a lifeguard orientation. They usually hire a new group of lifeguards, mostly college kids, for the summer. They finished a little before I was done swimming.

After my swim, I went to the coed spa area between the locker rooms. Two of the male lifeguards were in the hot tub. I went into the sauna. While I was relaxing, a couple of the female lifeguards joined them in the hot tub.

I couldn't help but overhear their conversation. My ears perked up when I heard one of the girls say, "Do they really make you guys wear speedos?"

From what I could hear, although they wear the typical red shorts and t-shirts, the guys are required to wear speedos underneath. The female lifeguards seem to wear a one-piece suit and shorts.

The girls wanted to see the guys' speedos, but they were too embarrassed to oblige them. Eventually they let the subject drop and talked about other things.

I went for another swim this afternoon. One of the girls from the previous day was on duty on the pool deck. She was in a one-piece suit, but no shorts. She turned away from me to talk to someone, and I got a great view of the back. The suit was very well fitted, and barely covered any of her ass.

SpeedoUSA

Re: Lifeguard Uniform

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:50 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:I went for a swim on Friday, and happened to overlap with a lifeguard orientation. They usually hire a new group of lifeguards, mostly college kids, for the summer. They finished a little before I was done swimming.

After my swim, I went to the coed spa area between the locker rooms. Two of the male lifeguards were in the hot tub. I went into the sauna. While I was relaxing, a couple of the female lifeguards joined them in the hot tub.

I couldn't help but overhear their conversation. My ears perked up when I heard one of the girls say, "Do they really make you guys wear speedos?"

From what I could hear, although they wear the typical red shorts and t-shirts, the guys are required to wear speedos underneath. The female lifeguards seem to wear a one-piece suit and shorts.

The girls wanted to see the guys' speedos, but they were too embarrassed to oblige them. Eventually they let the subject drop and talked about other things.

I went for another swim this afternoon. One of the girls from the previous day was on duty on the pool deck. She was in a one-piece suit, but no shorts. She turned away from me to talk to someone, and I got a great view of the back. The suit was very well fitted, and barely covered any of her ass.
I love the new look of one piece for women. The back is thong like and or Brazilian/ Italian style!
Sooooo sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm

That's so interesting, I had assumed male lifeguard only had to wear the swim trunks. Total double standard tho, the women wear the one piece, and guys wear gym shorts or some kind. Women's legs are so public, and guys never show their things.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 am

Male lifeguards at my gym this summer have been wearing shorter shorts, probably only go about halfway down their thighs. And i'm fairly certain that one guard was wearing a speedo under his shorts. I could see it peeking out above his waist when he climbed down from the stand.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 am

Guarded during high school only wore my speedo during testing or on hot days in chair.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 am

One of the girls at our local YMCA wears a sports bra under her guard suit, and it's not like she's got big boobs or anything. I asked my wife if this is a weird modesty thing with the kids, and she said it isn't, as far as she's aware.

I'm not sure about any of the male lifeguards wearing speedos under their guard shorts, but I'd bet against it.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:45 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:07 am
The girls wanted to see the guys' speedos, but they were too embarrassed to oblige them.

She was in a one-piece suit, but no shorts. She turned away from me to talk to someone, and I got a great view of the back. The suit was very well fitted, and barely covered any of her ass.
Why is it that guys are so embarrassed to be seen in a speedo but women will show practically everything?

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Guys don't shower together anymore in a main shower room.There are individual showers with doors so very little group nudity.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Pantless wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm
Guys don't shower together anymore in a main shower room.There are individual showers with doors so very little group nudity.
Except guys won’t even show as much leg and butt as a modest women’s suit without being embarrassed

frankpyle

Lifeguard Uniform

Post by frankpyle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:57 am

I’m at the beach here in St. Augustine Florida. Haven’t seen a single speedo in resort area or on the beach. On 7/4 I expected to at least catch a glimpse of some considering there were 1000s of people. Nada. HOWEVER, I am noticing a definite trend toward shorter, snugger, form fitting swim trunks, in lots of bright colors and patterns. This seems true for young guys as well as the Dad bods. A lot more thigh showing this year even over last year. I’ve noticed the same trend in street shorts. A decided turn away from long knee length board shorts, unless you are actually a surfer straddling a surfboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am

Pantless wrote:
I was in school just as they were moving away from mandatory showers after gym class. In junior high, we were required to shower. At the end of class, we all went back to the locker room. We had to undress and put our clothes in our lockers, then proceed naked to the shower area. We had about 5 minutes to shower and the teachers monitored us to make sure that everyone was showering.

Showers weren't required by the time I got to high school. Most of the guys in my grade were used to them, so we took showers anyway. The younger classes that came after us didn't like to shower. Grades were mixed together in gym, so there were a mix of guys walking around naked and guys that never took off their underwear or changed under towels.

Showering with my classmates was embarrassing at first, but it did get me more comfortable with my body. Because we were all in the same situation, no one ever made fun of anyone else for getting hard, which happened to pretty much everyone at least once.

From what they tell me, none of the students shower at my kids' school. I've encouraged my son to shower when we go to the gym, and he's reached the point where he doesn't mind walking around naked there.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Good training.Being a swimmer you get over being naked around teammates.Especially on shave down before a meet.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:27 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am
Pantless wrote:
I was in school just as they were moving away from mandatory showers after gym class. In junior high, we were required to shower. At the end of class, we all went back to the locker room. We had to undress and put our clothes in our lockers, then proceed naked to the shower area. We had about 5 minutes to shower and the teachers monitored us to make sure that everyone was showering.

Showers weren't required by the time I got to high school. Most of the guys in my grade were used to them, so we took showers anyway. The younger classes that came after us didn't like to shower. Grades were mixed together in gym, so there were a mix of guys walking around naked and guys that never took off their underwear or changed under towels.

Showering with my classmates was embarrassing at first, but it did get me more comfortable with my body. Because we were all in the same situation, no one ever made fun of anyone else for getting hard, which happened to pretty much everyone at least once.

From what they tell me, none of the students shower at my kids' school. I've encouraged my son to shower when we go to the gym, and he's reached the point where he doesn't mind walking around naked there.
This is exactly how we had to shower. I must be older than you though. We showered throughout high school. One difference though. At my school guys got teased for getting boners in the shower. However I don’t remember that happening often. I also remember guys getting teased about their pubic hair or lack thereof.

There was also a door between the girl’s and boy’s locker rooms which was usually locked. However occasionally it would be left unlocked and some guy would be pushed naked through the door then the door was held shut behind him.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am

I remember going to an overnight summer camp as a kid and they had gang showers. All boys had to shower every night before dinner, and in the bathroom building there was just a long wall of probably ten or twelve shower heads- no dividers- and all the boys waited in line, wrapped in a towel and wearing flip flops. When a spot opened up you walked to the empty shower spot, hung your towel up on a hook on the opposite wall, and showered there in full view of like thirty other adolescent boys. Talk about forcing you to get comfortable being naked in front of other people...

This was back in the early 80s and I wonder what the camp has now. Given the type of modesty that seems more in vogue today they have to have individual stalls.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm

We showered in high school after gym every day, also after wrestling practice. No big deal. Can't say I ever saw anyone hard, either. We even swam naked in the school pool because they didn't want the ancient filters to break from too much hair and whatever getting in it. It was an all male catholic school

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:09 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm

in the bathroom building there was just a long wall of probably ten or twelve shower heads- no dividers- and all the boys waited in line, wrapped in a towel and wearing flip flops. When a spot opened up you walked to the empty shower spot, hung your towel up on a hook on the opposite wall, and showered there in full view of like thirty other adolescent boys. Talk about forcing you to get comfortable being naked in front of other people
This is the type of showers we had at school. There were two of them in one room. Everybody was facing each other while showering.
Attachments
30ABB6DF-198E-44F3-B9B2-A983CBCDA5A9.jpeg
30ABB6DF-198E-44F3-B9B2-A983CBCDA5A9.jpeg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 8703 times

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Pantless wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 am
Guarded during high school only wore my speedo during testing or on hot days in chair.
Same here - nothing better than getting paid to wear speedo’s while Lifeguarding. Would get some serious tan-lines !!! :)

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Pantless wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 am
Same here - nothing better than getting paid to wear speedo’s while Lifeguarding. Would get some serious tan-lines !!! Plus, no one at the pool cared that you were in a speedo either - the perfect job! ;)
Last edited by 1tanlinedude on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Just got a job this week lifeguarding.Have been wearing speedo all this week.

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Pantless wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 pm
Just got a job this week lifeguarding.Have been wearing speedo all this week.
The perfect job ! Congrats!