G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Expressing oneself, speedos, thongs and other moments when we're feeling ourself

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefsBro
United States of America

Expressing oneself, speedos, thongs and other moments when we're feeling ourself

Post by BriefsBro » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:00 pm

I feel as if speedos are a way to express oneself sexually, and feel comfortable in our skin by showing off a little. Board shorts are the norm and they hide so much, so to go away from it and wear something that emphasizes the male physique so much is so brave and an act of self expression, in my opinion. If there any other way ya'll express the male body?

I'm thinking of:
-thong underwear, or briefs
-locker room lounging
-speedos at the beach
-running shirtless or in tights
-lounging in sexy clothes
-posting sexy selfies

I'm starting to see this more common tho. In the gay community there's a number of guys who do all this or post a lot of pictures from circuit parties or even just at home pictures of speedos, thongs, and even jockstraps.

Let me know what ya'll think! What's your reason for wearing speedos?

ChicagoDan

Re: Expressing oneself, speedos, thongs and other moments when we're feeling ourself

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm

I wear them for comfort, and I think they look better than boxers

frankjath

Re: Expressing oneself, speedos, thongs and other moments when we're feeling ourself

Post by frankjath » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Right on, expressing male beauty in the ways you mentioned goes against the norm. There is no shame in your body. Be proud feel in your element.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:24 pm

I wear speedos because they're comfy, practical, light, feel sexy and part of a great Australian tradition. :P

I'm not sure if self-expression goes into it. But I think guys should wear whatever feels comfortable and speedos are definitely that for me. (Better than short swimming shorts because people can see up the leg of short shorts!)

Maybe speedos express masculinity rather than sexuality? Although sexuality is part of masculinity, and vice versa.

simplyspeedo1
Great Britain

Post by simplyspeedo1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:40 pm

i wear speedos cos their sexy as !!! give me the horn every time and fit guys in them too

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I find them really comfortable (something my wife has a tough time wrapping her head around) and I won’t lie that wearing speedos in public scratches a mild exhibitionist itch that I have.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:11 pm

I won’t lie that wearing speedos in public scratches a mild exhibitionist itch that I have.
[/quote]

I too find them the most comfortable swim/lounging/tanning wear. I had not really thought about it but your comment above also resonates with me too.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:34 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:35 pm
I find them really comfortable (something my wife has a tough time wrapping her head around) and I won’t lie that wearing speedos in public scratches a mild exhibitionist itch that I have.
I’ll agree with that as well. I guess I get a bit of a rush from being at a pool in a speedo. Same goes for being naked in the locker room.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pm

i wear them for comfort and to get a better tan... I guess I would agree with the others, that there is a little "something" there when wearing the suit around others...I"m definitely not shy about walking around the pool or beach.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 am

All the comments above apply, and mainly, they just make me feel free and happy. There's a mix of sexuality and masculinity for sure. And I just feel happy wearing my speedos. There's some kind of identity affirmation too.
Long time Speedo® lover

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 am

BJE wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:34 pm
I’ll agree with that as well. I guess I get a bit of a rush from being at a pool in a speedo. Same goes for being naked in the locker room.
A rush? That's sounds intriguing. Do you still get a rush if nobody's present? Is it the thrill of being in one's birthday's suit and/or lightly-clad?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 am

blueflinch wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 am
BJE wrote:
A rush? That's sounds intriguing. Do you still get a rush if nobody's present? Is it the thrill of being in one's birthday's suit and/or lightly-clad?
Yes, I think you described it. It’s the thrill of being outside almost naked. I like being seen in the locker room naked. It’s my only opportunity to hang out with guys naked. It feels good.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 pm

BJE wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 am
blueflinch wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 am
BJE wrote:
Yes, I think you described it. It’s the thrill of being outside almost naked. I like being seen in the locker room naked. It’s my only opportunity to hang out with guys naked. It feels good.
There is something comforting about a bunch of guys hanging out naked. When I was younger, my friends and I would ride our bikes to the local pond. We'd skinny dip, then lay out in the sun to dry before we got dressed and went home.

When we all got home for summer break after our first year of college, the first thing we did was ride out to the lake. It became a tradition every time we were home.

Most of us moved away after college, but one friend stayed in town. I gave him a call the last time we visited my mom. He and his family came over for brunch one morning. We sat out on the deck after we'd eaten. He asked if I remembered going to the pond when we were younger.

Of course, I did. He asked if I wanted to ride out for old times sake, to which I agreed. Almost as and afterthought, I asked our sons if they'd like to join us. Not wanting to be left on their own with the ladies, they said sure.

There were enough bikes in the garage for the four of us. We rode out to the pond. My friend and I went down to the water, stripped, and went out to swim. Our sons waited nervously by the shore. We called for them to join us, but they were reluctant so we didn't persist. After a while, however, I saw my friend's son start to undress. He came down to the water.

My son stayed on the shore a little longer, but finally joined us in the water. We had a wonderful afternoon swimming, then laid out naked on the grass until we were dry. We rode back home.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 pm

I dedinitely enjoy being almost naked in a speedo in public, and with the friends I have worn them around. I think its a differet feeling when i'm with my wife and kids, its more about the comfort. And, really, the speedo ran is always sexy