G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Prices

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Speedo Prices

Post by Texas_swimmer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 am

Is it me or it seems the prices for speedos are a little crazy? I see prices anywhere from $30-105 for a brief style swimsuit. The most I've spent on a suit was $45 and it was an aussiebum. I realize higher prices means higher quality but sometimes not the case. Maybe its just me but I feel like if you wear less it shouldn't cost more...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Life is too short to worry what other people think.

paspeedo
United States of America

Re: Speedo Prices

Post by paspeedo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 am

The key is to buy in the off-season, so if you buy anything Australia based, Now is the time since they are clearing out for their new season. Once the fall rolls around here in the states, you’ll start seeing lots of sales out there.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:29 am

yes some prices are insane, and some brands dont go on sale.
recently purchased a pair at an outlet for $15aud though :P

speedio
Wales

Post by speedio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I can't help but feel some of the brands are more about cachet than quality - in particular those who rarely, if ever, discount. I tend to buy my suits in a sale. I find it hard to justify spending more than £15 on a suit (especially if buying from overseas, because of the import tax, and subsequent handling fee Royal Mail duly add to the cost on top of any postage). I'd consider making an exception if there was a suit I particularly liked.

I bought two of my recent purchases (Bruno Banani) on sale at deadgoodundies.com, and the other (Nabaiji) from decathlon.co.uk. Both are UK sites though.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah I looked at Charlie suits and they are expensive. The thongs cost more than briefs. Guess its the fancy Italian fabric or whatever that they feel justifies the price. Also aronik looks nice but expensive too. I generally avoid wearing my nice suits to the beach as the brown salt water ruins them here in Texas. I wore my blue and white 2xists and they look bad now.
speedio wrote:I can't help but feel some of the brands are more about cachet than quality - in particular those who rarely, if ever, discount. I tend to buy my suits in a sale. I find it hard to justify spending more than £15 on a suit (especially if buying from overseas, because of the import tax, and subsequent handling fee Royal Mail the duly add to the cost on top of any postage). I'd consider making an exception if there was a suit I particularly liked.

I bought two of my recent purchases (Bruno Banani) on sale at deadgoodundies.com, and the other (Nabaiji) from decathlon.co.uk. Both are UK sites though.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Life is too short to worry what other people think.

speedio
Wales

Post by speedio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Charlie have some nice looking suits. Not $90 (sale price!) of niceness though :shock:

Maybe if they sell their 2017/18 collection in 2020 they'll be more affordable :P

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am

Fashion suits are expensive because they can be... you have to hunt for the sales. If you go for boutique brands that only sell them on their site then yes, you will pay top dollar. If you go for more of the main line brands, you can find them on sale at places other places besides their websites. I always recommend getting on mail lists since they tend to send out either when the sales are happening or discount codes.

As for training suits, you are better off waiting for when they rotate the colors out for the seasons. Arena, Dolphin, Speedo, TYR and the others always change up their colors/prints each year so they will put the discontinued colors on sale starting in July. I just picked up 2 Arena swimsuits specifically for training at $12 each from Metro Swim Shop. These same suits sold for $44 on Arena's website last summer (Arena is still selling them but they didn't have my size).

If you are eyeing up a particular (main) brand suit, I would use Google Shopping to see if other sites carry it. If it's on Amazon.com (they sell it themselves), use the Honey plugin or Camel Camel Camel to watch for price drops. Amazon is notorious for price fluctuation. You can also use Lyst if it's a main brand or European brand you are looking for....

I have mentioned this before but we are a household of swimmers and we seem go through so many suits that I am always buying either the next size up for my kids or duplicate swim team suits because they can't find theirs or just ones to replace the one that is about to wear out. We also have a second set of suits that we wear to the beach because none of us like to wear our training suits on vacation...

Trust me - it can be done... lol...
straight, married w/ kids.