G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Joined a YMCA Gym

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

MeSooQuiet
United States of America

Re: Joined a YMCA Gym

Post by MeSooQuiet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

I used to belong to the Y in Indianapolis a few years ago and only ever saw one guy in a speedo. I knew a few other guys that would swim in them at other branches throughout the city. I swim at LA Fitness now and have seen a few other guys swim in speedos or at least relax in the hot tub in them. LA Fitness doesn’t have lifeguards, so nobody can really judge you on your attire. Just wear what feels comfortable to you. Speedos offer more freedom and movement and easier to get off after swimming, compared to how jammers hug the legs.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

I must be lucky the YMCA Aquatic center here in Orlando is huge and most guys, of all ages, are in speedos. When I joined I was surprised just how many guys wear speedos here. At other pools I was a member of there were a few guy wearing them but most were in jammers or trunks.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:47 am

How about asking them where it says not to, if confronted about it?

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks all I will ask the front desk on their swimsuit policies. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Life is too short to worry what other people think.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:20 am

Texas_swimmer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am
Thanks all I will ask the front desk on their swimsuit policies. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Did you get a response?

Most of the time I've seen a policy posted, all it says is that you're required to wear "appropriate swimwear". It rarely goes into much more detail. As long as you're not wearing a transparent suit, speedos are full coverage and appropriate in any situation.

I belong to an independent gym, but I worked out at a YMCA a few years ago. I never saw any speedos in the pool; the guys all wore modest suits. Ironically, they spent a lot of time naked in the locker room. The same guys that wore jammers and shorts in the pool would spend half an hour or more naked in the hot tub and sauna.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Regular Y swimmer, speedos on adult men are...the minority, but never had a problem. Even rec splashers and kids are less prone to head-turn at a speedo in the past few years. Besides, at least half of the swim-team teenage boys are wearing speedos to practice, the the teenage swimmer girls are wearing one-pieces that are practically thongs these days, so I don't want to hear about speedo inappropriateness.

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

I’ve bought a day pass to the Y in greater Portland, ME, and in Indianapolis. Neigh one had a problem with a swim brief or jammer. I emailed and specifically asked before I arrived at the Portland Y about briefs and they were 100% ok with it if you were. They were around way before the dork short bs trend and will be here well after it is over.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Indy has no problem with speedos.I meet friends up there at health clubs and see many speedos mostly 30-50's

swissswimmer
Switzerland

Post by swissswimmer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Just go for it. Speedo briefs are nothing but normal and certainly for lap swimming. I would not ask management if it is alright cause it would imply that you might think there might be something wrong and why should there be? If in doubt where a modest one or short square cut to test the waters lol

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm

I have worn some pretty small swim briefs at the Y, and some swim briefs that become a little see through when wet.

Never has anyone ever said anything to me about swim briefs at the Y. They are absolutely the correct thing to wear when swimming laps.