G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo scene in Asia is disappointing

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

whoami

Speedo scene in Asia is disappointing

Post by whoami » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 am

It has been 10 years since I was in Asia last time. I just had a long vacation in South East Asia recently, and I found the speedo scene on the beach is now depressing. Men stopped wearing brief type of speedos on the beach, instead most of them wear board shorts. Funny, some people wear underwear or speedo under their board shorts. Women still wear as skimpy as possible, though many Asian women's swimsuit choices are more conservative in western standard. Most sportswear shops carry a lot more men's square cuts and jammers than swim briefs.

In swimming pools, swim briefs are still widely accepted, but not many people wear them. Almost all swimming pools require people don proper swimsuits (no board shorts for sanitary reasons, as they are deemed street clothes) and shower before entering the pool. In Japan, swimming cap is also required.

I also went snorkeling in speedo when I was in Phuket, Thailand. Needless to say, I was the only guy in speedo :lol: When seeing I was wearing a speedo, many people (from Asia) in my tour group seemed to be shocked, although nobody said anything. I was thinking seriously?? :shock:

So far probably only Australia and Europe are good destinations for speedos. I also think one day I will try wearing thong swimsuit, but it seems that day wouldn't come :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Speedo scene in Asia is disappointing

Post by blueflinch » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 am

It could just be changing fashions ... Asian cultures are often conservative. However, in Australia, speedos - especially square-cut, are more popular with Asian men than with Anglos. I've seen them on men of Indian descent and Chinese descent, including middle-aged men and fathers. I don't know what the cultural norms are for places like Thailand - probably different (more conservative) dress standards apply for locals than for visitors?

Cuteguy
Singapore

Re: Speedo scene in Asia is disappointing

Post by Cuteguy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:02 am

The Asian people is kinda shy when they wearing speedo in front of the crowd
Only the few of them wear speedo at pool