G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Nike core swim briefs waistband problem

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

geauxboi
United States of America

Nike core swim briefs waistband problem

Post by geauxboi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:25 pm

I have a pair of blue Nike core solid swim briefs(see the link below for the exact ones) I had put them away at the end of summer last year and when I took them out this spring there is a problem with the waistband. The string will not move and it looks like it melted or molded in with the fabric. At the small hole where the string comes out in the front, it looks like glue or something glue like has melted inside the waistband opening. Now I had bought another paid just like them in black and green, right after I bought these and they are fine. Has anyone else ever had had this problem with Nike swim suits, or any other brand? Looking for some answers for this problem ugh!

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-27084 ... briefs.jsp

Cozzy
Great Britain

Re: Nike core swim briefs waistband problem

Post by Cozzy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Hmm,

A while ago I put my Speedo in the wash and then into the tumble dryer.

I wasn't thinking straight because the dryer is awful for Lyrca. What happened was that the draw cord had shrunk and twisted into the waistband loop.

Luckily I found that if I routed the draw cord out of the waist band it was possible stretch it permanently back into shape. All fixed.

Perhaps you could do the same?

BTW, what is the material of the core brief? I'm interested in getting a pair at some point.

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks for the tip Cozzy. The only problem is the draw cord will not budge!, it is like it is glued to the inside of the suit. I pull and pull and does not move at all. I have never had this happen to any swimsuit, when the drawstring will not move at all. I don't believe that I put it in the dryer, but I may have, just can't remember. I will try to heat the waistband with a blow dryer and see if it melts whatever is making the string stick to the suit.

Oh and by the way, the Nike suit is of made 90% polyester, and 10% spandex. It is actually a very comfortable and sexy swim suit. I have 2 others just like it in different colors and so far have had no problems with the drawstring. Despite the problems I have had with the one blue suit, I would recommend it to anyone, just make sure you get the one that is called "Nike Core Swim Briefs". Just see the listing from the Kohl's and make sure it matches or is close to that description.

rmf

Post by rmf » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:28 am

geauxboi wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:37 pm
Oh and by the way, the Nike suit is of made 90% polyester, and 10% spandex. It is actually a very comfortable and sexy swim suit. I have 2 others just like it in different colors and so far have had no problems with the drawstring. Despite the problems I have had with the one blue suit, I would recommend it to anyone, just make sure you get the one that is called "Nike Core Swim Briefs". Just see the listing from the Kohl's and make sure it matches or is close to that description.
what is your size to side measurement compare? I've seen them but can't tell is the sides change based on the waist measurements. Also, did you have to size up?
straight, married w/ kids.

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 pm

rmf wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:28 am
what is your size to side measurement compare? I've seen them but can't tell is the sides change based on the waist measurements. Also, did you have to size up?
The blue Nike Core swim brief is size 30, and I am a waist 30 31 in pants and jeans. It fits good, except for one thing. I could not tighten the drawstring to were it is completely, comfortable without the front of the suit bunching up in the middle. So I tighten the drawstring to were it does not bunch up and looks fine, but when I swim in it, it feels like it wants to come off, but just a little. Nothing too bad to wear just to go to the beach or splash around in the pool.
The red nike brief is also a size 30, but fits tighter for some reason. The exact same suit, but just much tighter. It may have been mislabeled or something because it is definitely smaller.
But I have to add one more thing. I have the black/green Nike suit in size 28, and it fits perfect! It actually feels a little bigger than the red suit, but fits a bit smaller than the blue suit. Very unusual, and maybe the multi color suit is cut differently, but is does not look like it.
The side looks the exact same on all 3 suits. I would say it was about 2 or 3 inches and did change with the size difference.
And finally, I don't think you would have to size up, it fits true to size for the most part. So just get the your normal waist size in jeans and pants, that would be my suggestions.