G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Being a Single Guy and Wearing Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoboi
Canada

Being a Single Guy and Wearing Speedos

Post by speedoboi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:28 pm

My apologies for the title because I wasn't sure how to entitle this post.

I'm a straight, but curious and very horny guy with a high sex drive. I'm not into sleeping around with just any guy or girl. I have fooled around with guys through innocent fondling, erotic massage, but no penetrative sex.

I'm single still, not by choice. I'm over 30, and I'm 5'7" which is short for a guy, regardless of sexual orientation. I remember being told that swim briefs look better on tall guys and that short guys like me shouldn't be wearing them, despite being in shape. I still notice many females not in favor of guys in swim briefs, regardless of their body shape. I know I don't have what most females want (it's on the top of their list)- I'm short at 5'7"!!

Before anyone starts to say that I'm not that short; you're wrong. Almost at every social setting, I'm either one of the shortest guys or the shortest guy there. I have noticed when I have fun with guys, my height isn't much of an issue. But then again, it's just for fun, nothing serious. With females, I'm undesirable. There's nothing wrong with my appearance, but I have the one disgusting flaw, a genetic defect - short stature. Even if anyone says that 5'7" isn't short, I can tell you that it's an incomplete height - you're close, but not decent enough to be considered decent height (5'8" apparently is considered decent height) and you're still far from being considered tall.

I want to enjoy life but with a partner and settle down. I enjoy wearing swim briefs, especially for tanning. But even that is considered taboo by most females.

What's a guy in my situation to do? I don't want to live with being single. I wnat to get out of this rut.

fatman
Canada

Re: Being a Single Guy and Wearing Speedos

Post by fatman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Hey count your blessings. At least you aren't fat like me. I'd give away a few inches of height to be at a proper BMI. Getting too heavy causes irreversible damage, even when you lose a bunch of weight like I have

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Im 5'7" also, I found a great woman who loves me no matter what. She is also short, but so what? Height doesn't matter to a woman worth anything. I have a brother shorter than me, he married a woman about 5'9", been married over 25 years.
As for speedos on short guys I think they look better than board shorts, but then again what doesn't. They make your legs look longer, especially ones with smaller sides, like speedo Solar suits, which are my favorite. Most shorts are too long these days for shorter guys, going way past the knee.

Don't ever give up on finding the right person for you. Having confidence in who you are is what most women find attractive, they can get past the height issues.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 am

Aw, sorry to hear you haven't found a speedo-loving lady yet. However, by modern standards, there's nothing terribly unusual about being 30 and single. There's still plenty of time to find Miss Right. Maybe if you tan in your speedos, she'll have a chance of spotting you from afar? :mrgreen:

Haven't heard the too-short-for-speedos line myself. Small package, yes; small stature, no. :lol:

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:13 am

I feel you. I’m not short but in the modelling world I am (I’m a model and a ballet dancer)

Whenever I come to a casting I’m always one of the shortest ones. I’m still trying get over it but I can’t when every time I get forwarded a gig there’s a height requirement and I’m just barely there.

But I’m a believer of the saying “what’s meant to be meant to be” or something like that lol. You’ll find someone either a boy or a girl. It’s true that guys don’t really see height as much of an issue as girls would have. I think part of it is because men are supposed to be taller than the women so they can protect them and blablabla. But judging by the looks of how things are going in the society I think you’ll be fine.

Often times it’s all in your head. I’m not gonna say 5’7” is not short cause truthfully speaking it is short but remember that people who met or saw you might not even care. Of course there’s a chance that they think what you’re thinking but that thought will last for 5 seconds and after that they move on. I think you’re thinking and worrying about it too much because you live with this therefore have to deal with it 24/7 and I understand it’s frustrating but so what if we’re short? It’s not like everyone else is perfect (some are fat, some are balding, some have really poor eye sight, etc etc)

My advice would be don’t think about it to much. You have to take over your head from this negative self talk. Someone will love you for who you are and can see past the height. Hang in there mate!

And the too short for Speedo thing is non sense! You will look taller when wearing a Speedo compared to wearing a board shorts that’s for sure. Just wear something with narrow sides that’s what I do. People don’t know what they’re talking about. Trust us, we are experts in Speedo wearing ;)

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:35 am

Would love to see you in some of your ballet costumes if that is not being pushy.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:22 am

You know we are all somehow, and to some degree, deficient in the head, the heart and/or the body. Maybe the question is how do you love who you are, people love other people who are positive, and who add to them and their lives.

Alternatively, perhaps a dating website or app?

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:44 am

I am only 5 ft 4, so I know exactly what you mean when it comes to other people preferences. But speedos makes my legs longer and I love wearing them :)

I’m sure you’ll soon find someone who loves for who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:12 am

I'm 5'7" too. On my second (and far better) marriage. You're right about women in general at least. While I had no lack of dates from online sites, the general consensus from online dating is that you must be 5'8" to ride this ride (to paraphrase a roller-coaster sign). Fortunately, some of the women I dated, and the one I married, saw past my height (pun intended). It is what it is. Another post mentioned confidence being important, and I couldn't agree more. So be happy that you're at least this tall, and don't lie about it, because nothing shows lack of confidence more than lieing about something. Just be patient; if you don't leave your line in the water, you're guaranteed not to catch any fish.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Do not dispair! Height does really matter unless you make it an issue, speaking as a 1.75m guy. There are plenty of partners smaller than you, if that is an issue, if it is not then there are a huge number of potential partners.
Try not to be desperate, that is a turn off. Take part in activities where there is the opportunity to meet others and let things take their course. I wish you well and happiness in your quest.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Roswell422
United States of America

Post by Roswell422 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:30 pm

My boyfriend is about your height (I'm 6' for the record), and while he doesn't have a swimmer's build or anything like that, he still looks really good in speedos. I'm sure you look just fine in them. As far as height goes, if a woman can't see past your height, then she's not worth the time of day.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm
...speaking as a 1.75m guy.
For those of us in the ol' US of A, that is 5.74147 feet. (At least that is what Ms. Google says.) It would appear, SpeedoBoi, that you are in better company than you thought!

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Bullseye wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
For those of us in the ol' US of A, that is 5.74147 feet. (At least that is what Ms. Google says.) It would appear, SpeedoBoi, that you are in better company than you thought!
That doesn’t sound right. 175 cm should be 5’9” no?

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 pm

rozelle wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm
Bullseye wrote:
Scottiebum wrote:

In round figures, that's it. 5' 8.8975" if you have OCD.
Long time Speedo® lover

Budgie
Australia

Post by Budgie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi Speedoboi, do you belong to any social swimming or water sport group? That might be a good way to meet women who are OK with speedos. Or you could invite a girl to a swim or pool party and see how she reacts to what you wear! That'll be a good way to tell if she's right for you or not.

Budgie
Australia

Post by Budgie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:04 am

Funny thing is, I feel a bit more confident with women when I'm in my swimming gear than when I'm fully dressed.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:19 am

Thom wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 pm
rozelle wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm
Bullseye wrote:

In round figures, that's it. 5' 8.8975" if you have OCD.
My apologies! Shoulda done it the old fashioned way!

Speedo82
Denmark

Post by Speedo82 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:50 am

Why should 'short' men not be wearing speedos? Who says that?
The shorter your swim wear is, the longer your legs look. It's all about appearance ... it's like cutting your pubic hair to make your penis look longer :-)

Although the page is about baggy shorts it gives a visual guide to what I am saying:
https://www.menshealth.com/style/g19519 ... gth-guide/

openflypants

Post by openflypants » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 am

Pantless wrote:Would love to see you in some of your ballet costumes if that is not being pushy.
Anna come speedo pix.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 am

At 5' 6" I don't think of myself as short. I've worn swim briefs for some 40 years and don't own any other swimwear. My dad topped out at 5' 3" and my mom was 5' 7". I have a daughter-in-law who is less than 5 feet. Those of us who are shorter have the advantage of not hitting our heads on so many low-hanging objects, and we learn to stand tall with good posture. Wear what you want, with confidence.