G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Getting back into shape

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedo1986
United States of America

Getting back into shape

Post by Speedo1986 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:01 pm

I have been a member here for quite a while and have definitely enjoyed all the conversations, good and bad. I don’t post much but do get inspired by a great many of you. I have seen some guys post fitness goals and challenges in the past and finally decided to use this forum to help keep me honest. I have relaxed on my fitness with the addition of two kids in the past year and a half. I feel that I owe to my wife, kids and myself to stay in the best shape I can. So my plan is to post regularly in this topic.

I have gone to the gym a couple times for lap swimming, a new addition to my workout routine. I used to run but I get to bored running and stop pushing myself. I enjoy lifting weights as my primary form of fitness. I have started watching what I am eating but not killing myself. Life is too short to deny oneself some indulgences.

I am 5’9” and currently weigh 180lb.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Re: Getting back into shape

Post by Latestarter » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Last edited by Latestarter on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 am

Thanks for your post, 86!

Hopefully you will enjoy swimming as part of your workout and it will motivate you. If you can combine swimming and running inot a regular routine you may be surprised how fast you can get into the shape you want. You are off to a great start. Keep us up to date on your progress.

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 am

Good for you. Keeping a 'personal image log' of your progress is the best way to stay motivated. While posting will give others the opportunity to reinforce your progress by no means should you feel the need to do so if you are not comfortable. Expect some lulls and maybe slow periods but you just have to stick with it because it is all worth it!! I think a lot of us can relate about the rut you get into post marriage & kids and how easy it is to get lazy and use that excuse to let yourself go but it's never to late. I can relate, like many, but with a little motivation you can be successful. While I don't think I was ever overweight - I wasn't exactly great shape post kids either. The results might not be quick (it took me about 2 yrs to really make the changes permanent without any 'bounce' in weight or routine) but I am now the same size waist, weight and physical fitness in my late 40's as I was in my early 20's.

Good luck and keep posting your progress photos when you can.
straight, married w/ kids.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:07 am

Dang, dude, you’re not looking so bad already! I can’t wait to see what you look like when you reach your goal ;)

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Update

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Great progress, keep it up

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Congratulations; Looking good. Keep up the good work!

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:54 am

Congrats!

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Congratulations. I think you look like you’re in better shape than most Americans already. It sounds like you’re making all the right decisions. It’s good to take a day off, and also to not beat yourself up if you backslide. I gained some weight (30 lbs heavier than I am now) when I studied for my masters degree. I lost it in much the same way you are.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Post by losingandbuilding » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Dude, you look great! Keep up the good work!
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:54 am

Wish you lived near me in the uk.
You could get me into shape. Lol
I need a gym buddy to keep me motivated and drag my arse to the gym.
I have a full length mirror but it is in widescreen. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 am

I think you are doing great, you looked to be in good shape to start with and your definition is definitely improving - and you wear those blue trunks well! I think your philosophy of taking reasonable steps to build/maintain your well-being without going over the top is a good one to follow.

I too have been making steps to improve my health and well-being, and taking up regular swimming again is part of that (the 25-minute walk each way to and from the pool doesn't hurt either). With my build I am never going to be sylph-like, but the steps I have taken have enabled me to lose 12 kilos in weight over the past 18 months, and I feel healthier and fitter which encourages me to carry on. So if you don't mind, I am going to use you as inspiration.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Silkysmooth
United States of America

Post by Silkysmooth » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:21 pm

Looking really good.♥️