G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Board shorts versus briefs

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

MISpeedo
United States of America

Board shorts versus briefs

Post by MISpeedo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:22 am

Had time off this week so I hit the beach for a few days. 99.99% of the guys were in board shorts and I saw one guy in running shorts. I was brave and went in one of my swim briefs. Like others have said, I did not experience one look, comment, or any issues; sort of surprised as I was in an area with families and others enjoying the sun and water. I just wish there were others wearing swim briefs. Sorry to say based on my observations I don't see that changing anytime soon. Thanks to others that support wearing briefs in public outside of lap swimming.

sandford50
Great Britain

Re: Board shorts versus briefs

Post by sandford50 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 am

Makes me wonder what guys think when they check themselves in a mirror and see lily white thighs between their lower legs and torso. It’s just not a pretty sight, or do they honestly don’t care.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:06 am

Adherence to misplaced cultural norms in an effort to "fit in" is a powerful motivator.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 am

diveguy, you are probably correct. Hope someday things will change some.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am

I feel like this topic has been beat to death on this board and other boards.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:29 am

Good on ya, MISpeedo! Like Ghandi may or may not have said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Maybe you gave a little more confidence to some random potential speedo guy in that crowd.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:39 am

speedorob86 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am
Maybe so. But unfortunately, it reflects our awareness of the reality of the situation. Because I love tropical settings and water sports so much, I spend a fair amount of time trolling through online sources such as youtube, twitter, periscope, instagram, etc. for anything to do with gorgeous beaches, gorgeous women on beaches, men on beaches where they're wearing speeods, and swimming, snorkeling, freediving, etc. Sadly, it is super super rare to see younger men wearing speedos in casual or recreational settings anymore, worldwide. With few exceptions, if you see the rare man in a speedo at all, it's an older man. Even on the Mediterranean beaches in Spain, France, etc. It's very disappointing. Speedos are just not favored by young men as much as board shorts.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm

diveguy wrote:
speedorob86 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am
Maybe so. But unfortunately, it reflects our awareness of the reality of the situation. Because I love tropical settings and water sports so much, I spend a fair amount of time trolling through online sources such as youtube, twitter, periscope, instagram, etc. for anything to do with gorgeous beaches, gorgeous women on beaches, men on beaches where they're wearing speeods, and swimming, snorkeling, freediving, etc. Sadly, it is super super rare to see younger men wearing speedos in casual or recreational settings anymore, worldwide. With few exceptions, if you see the rare man in a speedo at all, it's an older man. Even on the Mediterranean beaches in Spain, France, etc. It's very disappointing. Speedos are just not favored by young men as much as board shorts.
As winter nears here in the upper Midwest of America I will try to commit to working out and lap swimming. I am leaning towards the local university for the fitness center. It’s nearly the same distance as the YMCA, but I feel like if I have the courage to wear speedos, it will be more accepting. I want to start out, but concerned about being the only one. It would be nice to have a work out buddy and one who wears them as well! I have several dark endurance speedos and some Solars as well as some Turbos to use. I recall many here stating that the dark endurance is the suit of choice for lap swimming and it’s relatively conservative. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm
I want to start out, but concerned about being the only one. It would be nice to have a work out buddy and one who wears them as well! I have several dark endurance speedos and some Solars as well as some Turbos to use. I recall many here stating that the dark endurance is the suit of choice for lap swimming and it’s relatively conservative. Thoughts?
I’d be happy to be your speedo buddy and go to any water venue with you wearing a speedo.

As far as suits the Sporti Euro is a favorite of mine for lap swimming. I don’t actually have any Speedo brand suits because I don’t like how they fit me and I don’t like how wide the sides are and how high the rise is.

Personally I like wild colors and designs on my suits. I feel less conspicuous in a suit with colorful patterns because in my view it helps conceal shape and contour. Plus if it’s a bit whimsical I think is lessens the seriousness of it and makes it less sexual.

Here are two I have on order.
Attachments
B0F71978-6387-4303-AFA2-AD1F5B2BAF23.jpeg
B0F71978-6387-4303-AFA2-AD1F5B2BAF23.jpeg (71.93 KiB) Viewed 7961 times
E5F5A4A8-A944-4658-99A9-2F532F0A02E3.jpeg
E5F5A4A8-A944-4658-99A9-2F532F0A02E3.jpeg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 7961 times

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 am

BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:
I want to start out, but concerned about being the only one. It would be nice to have a work out buddy and one who wears them as well! I have several dark endurance speedos and some Solars as well as some Turbos to use. I recall many here stating that the dark endurance is the suit of choice for lap swimming and it’s relatively conservative. Thoughts?
I’d be happy to be your speedo buddy and go to any water venue with you wearing a speedo.

As far as suits the Sporti Euro is a favorite of mine for lap swimming. I don’t actually have any Speedo brand suits because I don’t like how they fit me and I don’t like how wide the sides are and how high the rise is.

Personally I like wild colors and designs on my suits. I feel less conspicuous in a suit with colorful patterns because in my view it helps conceal shape and contour. Plus if it’s a bit whimsical I think is lessens the seriousness of it and makes it less sexual.

Thanks BJE! Your a gee addition to this site! I’ve always admired your suit choices too!
Are either one of those suits Sporti Euros? Where do you get yours from?
Are you flying me out to the west coast to be my buddy?

Str8 Speedo fan

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 am

Budgy Smuggler briefs are one of the best I have owned.
If you are looking for a new swim brief definitely give these a try.
#downwithboardshorts
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:48 am

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 am
BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:

Thanks BJE! Your a gee addition to this site! I’ve always admired your suit choices too!
Are either one of those suits Sporti Euros? Where do you get yours from?
Are you flying me out to the west coast to be my buddy?

I thought you’d fly me in to where you are.

The Fruit Salad suit is a Budgy Smuggler. The Red Growler is a Sluggers Racerback.

I get my Euro Sportis from swimoutlet.com. They are the only place I know of that you can get them. They are cheap, $9-12. They do fade over time though.

The difference between a Sporti and a Budgy Smuggler, Slugger or Turbo is that the Sporti is thin, very stretchy and clingy. They fit your form. The other brands I mentioned are thick, not very stretchy and can tend to be either too baggy or too tight if you don’t get the correct size.

I also feel that Budgy Smugglers are a bit too high in the front and don’t have enough pouch contour to comfortably hold my man sized package. The Sportis easily stretch to fit your package.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:07 pm

I was probably the guy in Running Shorts (with my tiny Speedo underneath … just in case I felt like going there)!

I do have ONE pair of black Body Glove Board Shorts … worn on the rare occasion (of course, with my tiny Speedo underneath … just in case) because it is appropriate.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 am
Budgy Smuggler briefs are one of the best I have owned.
If you are looking for a new swim brief definitely give these a try.
#downwithboardshorts
I like a lot of their designs. However I don’t like that they all have a big logo on the back, I don’t want to look like an advertisement.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 pm

BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:

BJE, are these racer backs ? Sizes?
Like to see you in them if you wouldn’t mind with rear views too!
Thanks!

Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 pm
BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:

Thanks!

Which suit are you talking about? The Sporti Euro?

Here is a Sporti Euro size 32. The back could be adjusted for better coverage.
55E72E0A-BD3C-4034-9AD2-C700880EC698.jpeg
55E72E0A-BD3C-4034-9AD2-C700880EC698.jpeg (260.76 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
Here is a Sluggers Racerback size Small
ABBC2E88-B30C-4386-914B-483F8F5463D7.jpeg
ABBC2E88-B30C-4386-914B-483F8F5463D7.jpeg (126.04 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
Here is a Budgy Smuggler size 30
4E3E0B08-1809-4956-9ACA-0BD37BBE8047.jpeg
4E3E0B08-1809-4956-9ACA-0BD37BBE8047.jpeg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 7599 times

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 pm

BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:
BJE wrote: I’d be happy to be your speedo buddy and go to any water venue with you wearing a speedo.

Thanks!

The suits look great on you! What is your issues?

Str8 Speedo fan

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:43 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:
Thanks!

The navy suit? What is that one? Seems to fit better on your body.

Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:17 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 pm
BJE wrote:
SpeedoUSA wrote:

Thanks!

Here is a Sluggers Racerback size SmallABBC2E88-B30C-4386-914B-483F8F5463D7.jpegHere is a Budgy Smuggler size 30 4E3E0B08-1809-4956-9ACA-0BD37BBE8047.jpeg

They do fit well. I don’t have complaints with these except I wish the front of the Budgy Smuggler (yellow suit) was cut lower.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 pm

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:43 pm
SpeedoUSA wrote:
BJE wrote: Which suit are you talking about? The Sporti Euro?

Here is a Sluggers Racerback size SmallABBC2E88-B30C-4386-914B-483F8F5463D7.jpegHere is a Budgy Smuggler size 30 4E3E0B08-1809-4956-9ACA-0BD37BBE8047.jpeg

The navy suit? What is that one? Seems to fit better on your body.

The navy suit is the Sporti Euro. I keep saying they are my favorite. I love the way they fit.