G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

My Son Joined a Swim Team

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

My Son Joined a Swim Team

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:48 pm

A few weeks ago, my son expressed an interest in swimming on a team. His school team isn't until later in the year. Earlier this summer we went to a nearby private pool for a naturist swim night. We did a little research, and discovered that the same pool has a youth team.

They had a registration and "try-on" party last weekend. We got there a little early and filled out the paper work. We were surprised to find that the team coordinator was one of the organizers of the naturist swim. She recognized us.

The coaches, a young man and woman, gave a short speech after everyone had arrived. Then they left us to socialize and try-on swim suits. The swimmers headed for the locker room. We found some other parents and introduced ourselves.

After the swimmers had all been fitted in team suits, they opened up the pool to anyone that wanted to swim. The girls wore one-pieces and the guys all wore speedo briefs. I changed into my own speedo to enjoy the water.

A little later, my wife and I were chatting with another couple on the pool deck. The other wife expressed surprise that I too was wearing a speedo. Their son had been very apprehensive about wearing one. She'd never known anyone who'd worn them just because.

Hopefully he'll have fun on the team. It seems to be off to a good start.

fatman
Canada

Re: My Son Joined a Swim Team

Post by fatman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Awesome. Is this a USAS sanctioned team, with certified coaches, by chance?

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:48 pm
The other wife expressed surprise that I too was wearing a speedo. Their son had been very apprehensive about wearing one. She'd never known anyone who'd worn them just because.
I would have said something similar to what I tell my wife whenever she gives me grief. "Have you ever swum in a pair of shorts? It's awful!" and I point out that she wears spandex swimsuits that are form-fitting. Briefs are just more comfortable. Once you get over the "I don't give a shit what other people think about seeing me in a speedo" hump, they really are way better to wear.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 am

Takes a while to overcome and you have to be confident. But once you do, it’s the best! I don’t care where I wear them or who sees me anymore. I was in Miami last week for a short beach getaway and stayed at the Blue Moon hotel on Collins. My husband works for a software company and travels often so when he goes somewhere nice, I’ll tag along at the end and we’ll make a trip out of it.

My husband and I, as well as one of his coworkers and his husband went to the beach. They all wear shorts (not super long ones at least) and I’m the only one who wears a swim brief. This same coworker saw me in my N2N Nitro a few years ago in San Juan but his husband didn’t join on that trip. They were joking of I’d wear that suit again, which I did that day to be silly and give them a show.

The weather wasn’t great and started to rain while we were at the beach. I was originally wearing white shorts over my suit. I didn’t want to get them dirty from the wet sand by putting them back on so I walked back to the hotel in just that suit and a tee shirt. No comments at all. Even walked through the lobby to the plunge pool like that!

The back (above and below the blue panel) and sides are mesh and are very very sheer when wet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:44 pm

chicagoswim wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 am
My husband and I, as well as one of his coworkers and his husband went to the beach. They all wear shorts (not super long ones at least) and I’m the only one who wears a swim brief. This same coworker saw me in my N2N Nitro a few years ago in San Juan but his husband didn’t join on that trip. They were joking of I’d wear that suit again, which I did that day to be silly and give them a show.
Forgive me for being a clueless straight guy, but my assumption is that gay guys would be perfectly fine with other guys in briefs? Maybe even encouraging about it?

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 pm

52dno98 wrote:
chicagoswim wrote:
Forgive me for being a clueless straight guy, but my assumption is that gay guys would be perfectly fine with other guys in briefs? Maybe even encouraging about it?
No worries, generally yes they’re totally fine. Not really encouraging though as you would think. A lot of gay guys still wear shorts, not briefs. I actually almost feel more comfortable around my straight friends in briefs because gay men are pretty judgmental. There’s an assumption that gay men live at the gym and should have perfect bodies. Straight guys aren’t usually paying attention to other guys.

wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:00 pm

chicagoswim wrote:
52dno98 wrote:
chicagoswim wrote:
No worries, generally yes they’re totally fine. Not really encouraging though as you would think. A lot of gay guys still wear shorts, not briefs. I actually almost feel more comfortable around my straight friends in briefs because gay men are pretty judgmental. There’s an assumption that gay men live at the gym and should have perfect bodies. Straight guys aren’t usually paying attention to other guys.

I oddly have to agree to that one. Sometimes my straight friends encourage me to wear them lol. Whereas at times I get isolated by some Gay guys for wearing them especially since I don't have the ideal body type or because I am hairy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 pm

We've been getting friendly with some of the families at practices and meets, so we invited a couple over for dinner last weekend. The both have sons close to our son's age and one has an older daughter. On the invite, we let them know that we have a hot tub and encouraged them to bring swimsuits.

Everyone wanted to beat the fall chill, so it didn't take much encouragement to get people into the hot tub after dinner. I was happy to see that both of my son's swim friends wore their team speedos instead of shorts. I, of course, wore my own.

Hopefully we can get together soon. Maybe convince some of the other dads to wear speedos next time.

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:03 am

Awesome for him! I wish I had the balls to join my swim team in high school.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Good move. A great way to keep fit. And the amount of people who reach adulthood who can't swim - shocking!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:03 pm

My son and one of his friends from the team went out on Halloween. His friend's parents dropped him off at our house. We invited the parents to stay. They didn't have any other plans, so they agreed.

After a couple of drinks, my wife suggested using the hot tub. They hadn't planned to stay, so they didn't have bathing suits. We told them we had plenty they could borrow. In the hopes of getting a few guests to wear speedos, I'd purchased a bunch of Sporti suits (euro briefs for men and thongs for women) in every size from Swim Outlet. I brought out the basket of suits for our friends.

They went to the guest room to change while my wife and I went upstairs. I changed into one of my own euro briefs while my wife got into one of her skimpier suits. We went outside and got the hot tub ready.

Our friends joined us. They looked a little embarrassed as we all got into the water. We chatted, just enjoying the water. After a while, they seemed to relax. My wife eventually asked if the suits were comfortable adding that we hadn't used them yet.

They kind of laughed and said they'd never worn anything so skimpy. I told them how I'd worn speedos as a kid and got back into them about a year ago. "It is nice to not feel like I'm wearing a parachute," the husband said at one point. He later admitted to being a little curious about speedos since his son had started wearing one for the swim team.

Our sons came home while we were still in the hot tub. It wasn't too late yet, so we invited them to join us. Their son said he hadn't brought a suit. "It's cool," said my son. "We go naked all the time." Their son got a terrified look on his face, which made all of the parents laugh. I assured him that we had plenty of suits he could borrow.

As they went to change, the other mom asked if we really used the hot tub nude. We told her that we often do. She seemed intrigued, which embarrassed her husband. "You're welcome to give it a try," my wife suggested. She looked embarrassed. "Maybe next time," she said.

The boys, both in speedos, joined us. We all soaked until it was time for them to go home.

It was a school night, but my son was wired from the night out so we stayed up a little later than usual. He ditched his suit on the side of the tub almost as soon as they'd gone. My wife went inside for a drink of water. When she returned, she'd taken off her suit. "Guess I'm the odd man out," I laughed. "It's not like we'll get any trick-or-treaters at this hour," replied my wife.

I picked up my son's suit as I got out of the tub. I took off my own and hung them to dry. As I walked back to the tub, someone came through the back gate. It was our friend from earlier, the mom. She gasped and apologized as she saw me. "Sorry, I think I left my phone here. No one answered the door," she said and then just kinda stood there stunned.

My wife got out of the tub and invited her inside to look, grabbing a towel on the way in. I got back into the tub. They eventually found the phone and came back out. The mom apologized, but we assured her it was no big deal. "You're more than welcome to join use if you don't have to head home right away," my wife said as she shed her towel and got back in with us.

She seemed to consider it. "Maybe just for a minute," she finally said. She took a towel and went inside to change. She returned wrapped in the towel, removing it quickly and getting into the tub. My wife cracked a joke and she started to relax.

We enjoyed the water together. After a while, she got a text from her husband making sure she was okay. She texted him back and said she should get going. She got out and went inside to get dressed. Then she came back out and said goodbye. "We should do this again soon," she said as she left.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:08 am

If I had a hot tub I would put a notice to say “Speedos Only”.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Sounds a bit frisky on the adult side, but not risky on the kids side, and the kids are getting together well. Congratulations, your son has joined a group he seems to enjoy already.
Let's keep it brief.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:08 am
That is a great idea - hygiene-wise and aesthetically too.

Will there be a nude night perhaps? :mrgreen:

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:26 am

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 am
Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:08 am
That is a great idea - hygiene-wise and aesthetically too.

Will there be a nude night perhaps? :mrgreen:
If it is requested. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.