G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Pack Mentality

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Pack Mentality

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:35 am

So I’m on vacation in northwest Florida- I’ve posted about it in RMF’s thread- and I’m really big into road bikes. In my younger days I raced now I ride for fun.

Anyway, there’s a group ride in this area that I ride in when we’re here. There’s usually about 10-15 people, mostly men, and we keep up a pretty brisk pace so it’s definitely a ride for more “serious” cyclists. Yesterday we were riding in a group, double file down the road which runs adjacent to the local beaches, and it was about 9 in the morning, so there were a lot of people parking cars or leaving their houses/condos and walking to the beach. We passed a stocky guy in a brief who had his arms full of beach gear (chairs, towels, etc.) and for the next few minutes that’s all anyone in the bike group talked about.

“Hey Steve,” one guy said, “is that the kind of suit you wear?” (I gathered that Steve was a triathlete) “bet you look better than that guy.” Someone else goes, “hey I’ve forgotten- are we in Italy?”

Anyway, all this to say that I was in a pack of dudes dressed in skin tight Lycra shorts and tight jerseys, many of whom shave their legs, and they’re relentlessly busting on the speedo guy. I kind of wanted to speak up for the speedo guy and point out the pot calling the kettle black issue that we had going on...

MISpeedo
United States of America

Re: Pack Mentality

Post by MISpeedo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 am

Excellent post!! How true and sad at the same time.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:26 am

Also a bit of body shaming going on too. A stocky guy can look great in a speedo.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:58 am

wetman1961 wrote:Also a bit of body shaming going on too. A stocky guy can look great in a speedo.
You should have taken advantage of the situation and remind them of their clothing choices and shaving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:24 pm

It’s crap. They are wearing tight Lycra which does not leave much to the imagination and they take the piss out of this poor chap wearing a Speedo.
I bet they are secretly wishing they could wear one. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Bike short wearer would have the bod for a speedo.Shame on them.They should have pealed off their shorts and been wearing speedos.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am

There's no place for body shaming. Expressing an opinion is one thing, body shaming is another.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:47 pm

speedoboi wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am
There's no place for body shaming. Expressing an opinion is one thing, body shaming is another.
I didn't get the sense that they were body shaming the guy in the briefs, rather just busting on him for wearing them in public. And moreso they were using that as a chance to bust on the guy in the bike group who, I gathered, also wore briefs to swim laps.

If I'd known the group better (like I said I was visiting from out of town) I would have piped up, "I swim laps in a speedo. What's the big deal?"

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:28 am

As a triathlete, hardcore road cyclists, or "roadies", IMO, have a higher-than-average percentage of DICKS amongst them. Yes, this dick faction likes to bust on swimmers, runners, weightlifters, yogaists...well, everyone who isn't just like them. Maybe buying a $5,000+ piece of fitness equipment to do what you do gives you that right....?

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:35 am
Anyway, all this to say that I was in a pack of dudes dressed in skin tight Lycra shorts and tight jerseys, many of whom shave their legs, and they’re relentlessly busting on the speedo guy. I kind of wanted to speak up for the speedo guy and point out the pot calling the kettle black issue that we had going on...
I don't think the stigma of wearing brief/bikini swimsuits is not going to change any time soon. It is still taboo, gay, the butt of all the jokes, or whatever else. I know nobody on this board will like what I am about to say, but I really think most people are totally repulsed by men wearing a "bikini". And it is only acceptable at athletic events such swimming, diving and water polo, and that's it. Most people will say cover that stuff up, nobody wants to see that!

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 am

Plus I think ‘man shaming’ has become the norm in society. Think of the body positive movement where oversized women flaunt their extra poundage in tiny bikinis. Level any criticism against them and you’re struck down by the feminazi movement. If an oversized guy in a speedo dare show his excess flesh and hilarity reigns.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am

geauxboi wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 pm
but I really think most people are totally repulsed by men wearing a "bikini". And it is only acceptable at athletic events such swimming, diving and water polo, and that's it. Most people will say cover that stuff up, nobody wants to see that!
Lol, did my wife get an account on this board? That sounds a lot like what she says... Sigh...