G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Gym Class

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Gym Class

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:43 pm

This afternoon after my workout, I was chatting in the sauna with one of the older guys I often see at the club. Somehow we got on the topic of swimming during gym class. He told me that when he was in school, the guys were required to swim nude. I'd heard rumors that was a thing, but never heard it first hand. When I was in school, we were allowed to bring our own swimsuits.

If you swam during school, what did you wear?

My son isn't in swim class, but he does take gym. I guess some of the other teachers were getting tired of the smelly kids in their classes. This year they're offering extra credit for taking a "nude cleansing shower" after class. The schools sent home a form asking us to encourage our kids to shower. :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Re: Gym Class

Post by Thom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:43 pm
He told me that when he was in school, the guys were required to swim nude. I'd heard rumors that was a thing, but never heard it first hand. When I was in school, we were allowed to bring our own swimsuits.

If you swam during school, what did you wear?

My son isn't in swim class, but he does take gym. I guess some of the other teachers were getting tired of the smelly kids in their classes. This year they're offering extra credit for taking a "nude cleansing shower" after class. The schools sent home a form asking us to encourage our kids to shower. :lol:
In high/junior high school, we were required to shower after class. I'm sure a court case ended that. Extra credit for showering? :lol: In college, nobody made us shower, but we did anyway.

It wasn't until I went to grad school that I had access to a pool. I took a swimming class. I wore a speedo, but you could wear what you wanted, or nothing at all. I tried nothing at all once, IIRC, and it felt funny to have everything flopping around down there, so I went back to speedos.
Long time Speedo® lover

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 pm

When I was in high school, we swam naked in gym class. It was an all Male school, so no big deal. And we all took showers in a large communal shower. Being nude in front of other guys was normal. Now most kids would rather die than be nude in front of anyone.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 pm

ChicagoDan wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 pm
Now most kids would rather die than be nude in front of anyone.
This is what I've heard and read. One article said that it was because, as homes have got bigger, every kid has his own bedroom and attached bathroom. And in school, in gym, they just don't shower at all. They don't even take off their underwear. We had to wear a jock in class under our gym uniform. If you forgot to bring it, you got detention. One teacher made us pull the butt strap down to prove we were wearing one. Any teacher doing that today would get fired.
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 am

Swimming nude, show me to the pool.
I would have loved to attended a school with a pool.
We had P.E. (Physical education), you were required to take a shower after your lesson. I hated it. The showers weren’t big enough for everyone to shower at the same time. We ended up just walking through it, in one side and out the other.
We wore the same underwear for p.e as we did all day at school.
English education system is so backward.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 am

During my time in Junior and Senior high, you were required to wear a jock strap, gym shorts and t-shirt. Also, group showers after each class. At the beginning of 7th grade, I was a little apprehensive about the showers, but didn't take long before it was no big deal. We didn't have a pool, so no nude swimming.

Tim-USA
United States of America

Post by Tim-USA » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

I went to the only high school in the city where we wore shorts when swimming and that was only because the outer wall of the pool room was all glass windows. When it was time to swim, on your way to the pool you went by a window where you were handed a pair of shorts..................and hope they fit....................then we had to walk thru a row of COLD showers. I guess that was to somewhat acclimate us to the cold water in the pool. After swimming or even just a regular gym class, we all showered in a large communal shower. No big deal.........................actually a very small deal after the COLD pool.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 am

We had to wear the school speedos and nobody showered after PE, there wasnt enough time anyway, just get changed and go stinky!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:39 am

Thom wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Extra credit for showering? :lol:
They sent home a kinda hilarious form that the kids were supposed to get us to sign and return to their teacher. The "What if I get aroused?" part in the Q&A has given us more than a few laughs.

fatman
Canada

Post by fatman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:16 am

Being more than twice the normal weight in junior high school made PE miserable. Having a micropenis made showering unbearable. So I started skipping PE and when I got in trouble for it I started skipping school altogether. When they made me go to school I did anything and everything imaginable to get kicked out. They put me in special school which was okay but I dropped out of high school as soon as possible. I still don't want to be seen naked, as if anybody would want to look.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 pm

I’ve always worn a suit for serious swimming. Nude is fine for paddling about the water, but feels weird for more strenuous swimming. In school we had to shower after gym class, we used those poles with 4 nozzles around them.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am

didn't guys swimming nude end in early 70's? mostly because of he filter units getting clogged by men,s suits material?Have always had suit on for classes and showered in group shower.I know its different now with guys hiding under towels to put on underwear.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am

NJFrenchy wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 pm
In school we had to shower after gym class, we used those poles with 4 nozzles around them.
We did too. There were two of the shower poles in the shower room and all 35 guys in the class had to crowd around them at the same time.

If you got a boner in the shower you were teased.
Attachments
059547DD-3E03-4B4A-BCA7-C77715FEA4F8.jpeg
059547DD-3E03-4B4A-BCA7-C77715FEA4F8.jpeg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 9583 times

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:25 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am

We did too. There were two of the shower poles in the shower room and all 35 guys in the class had to crowd around them at the same time.

Those are the poles. And yeah you’d get teased for getting hard, especially during puberty, not so much before. My school was a weird cross section, had a lot of kids from many countries whose parents worked at the U.N. like mine did. There were also some kids whose parents were just rich. These kids would try to tease the “anteaters” in the shower, but stopped when this Russian kid showed up. He was over 6 feet tall in the sixth grade, and kind of scary.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 am
We had to wear the school speedos and nobody showered after PE, there wasnt enough time anyway, just get changed and go stinky!
Ugh! That sounds awful. We HAD to shower before getting in the pool. There wasn't a rule about after and I don't think there were enough showers to go round anyway. But I think the smart guys did try to shower after.

First out of the pool, first in the shower. First to get all the hot water. Yay! :mrgreen:

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 pm

In middle school we had a pool, and during the all too short-lived swimming classes, if you didn't bring swimwear yourself you were welcome to grab a nylon speedo from the pile on the shelf! Toss it in the "worn" box afterward to get washed. Some were pretty big and conservative, some were on the small side. All were black or a dull red. I can't believe I never picked out a good one and stole it....

Showers were optional for non-swimming classes, I never took one because of time. I was busting it just to get dressed and get to the next class before the bell. Sucked.

runnerguy
United States of America

Post by runnerguy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 am

Back in the late 60s early 70s kids entering junior high school in St. Louis at west Ladue junior high. Had a required swim class starting in the seventh grade.
The boys all had to wear the same speedo type nylon tank suit. They were not speedo brand. I don’t recall what they were. I do recall that that is where my speedo fetish began.

All the boys at that time we’re just entering puberty. And you could see their stiffies getting hard.

I remember as a seventh grader in 1972 learning how to JO in my nylon tank suit.
Today 47 years later. I still have that same fetish.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am
NJFrenchy wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 pm
In school we had to shower after gym class, we used those poles with 4 nozzles around them.

They have those outside quite a few beaches in Australia. In the Manly Corso they also have fountains that come out of the ground to wash your sandy feet.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm

We did not shower after PE and when we have a swim class for 3 weeks we all wore swim trunks or board shorts. Kids need to be taught proper hygiene in school that includes taking shower after workout or sports. It's part of growing up and helping them be conferable in their own body. I also understand it can be difficult for some guys to be naked in a shower with others. That where we need good PE teachers and coaches to help make a locker room a safe environment for all.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:56 pm

I wish we had a pool at my school. Alas, my school was much too small for that kind of luxury.

Even better would have been attending an all boys boarding school, but I'd never heard of such a thing back then.

We did have to shower after our P. E. classes from grade 5 through 12. In 5th and 6th grade our P. E. instructor would stand by the shower and watch all the boys to make sure everyone was showering and if you didn't shower your grade would be marked down after the instructor talked to you and told you that you had to do it. I'm pretty sure he was perv'ing on all the young boys, but I have no proof of that.

Anyway, we had wide open gang showers but I don't recall anyone ever getting made fun of for having a boner when showering. I think everyone was too embarrassed to get a boner. LoL!!!