G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Skimpiest suit to swim laps

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: Skimpiest suit to swim laps

Post by BJE » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Solar73 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm
While it’s not the skimpiest I swim laps in my Desmiit thong during the adult swims at my local city pool in WA. Gary Majdell Ultra Greek the rest of the time. I wear them for comfort not to push any boundaries or make a scene.
I have to admit that I wear my Greek Bikinis to push boundaries or at least to make a statement that such swimwear is normal and acceptable. Also to make the statement that If women can wear the skimpiest of bikinis then I can wear a fairly skimpy suit as well.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 am

I would agree I wear my suits to make the statement that they are just very practical swimwear, and yes if women can wear fitted swimwear why can’t men?

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 am

I wore a blue Aussiebum 1.5 to a Marriott pool in Aruba. I swam laps early In the morning. I worn Speedo Solars and the Sporti Euro, but the Aussiebum felt skimpier.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Swam laps today in my 3.5 cm (a little less than 1.5") Singapore arenas. Really loving this suit, and it's pretty damn skimpy for lap swimming.
bl_sg_arena.jpg
bl_sg_arena.jpg (59.02 KiB) Viewed 7787 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:19 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:10 pm
Swam laps today in my 3.5 cm (a little less than 1.5") Singapore arenas. Really loving this suit, and it's pretty damn skimpy for lap swimming.
Beautiful suit.
Long time Speedo® lover

speedolover

Post by speedolover » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:04 am

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:10 pm

bl_sg_arena.jpg
Outstanding looking suit! Please post where you were able to obtain it. I hope we can start a trend of using these suits for lap swimming.

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:39 am

The skimpiest I've swam laps in at a community pool is the white Yamamay for which my account is named. Over time it's become quite stretchy and now rides up my ass looking a bit more like a bikini than a brief, and the front shows a pretty clear outline though it's not technically sheer. I got called out by a lifeguard who thought I was wearing underwear. Once I told him it was a speedo I was able to continue swimming. I've never swam in a pool with less than a brief, though I wear briefs any time I'm swimming for exercise. I've also swam in thongs and g-strings but never at a pool, only in lakes or the ocean.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 am

As several others have said, Sporti Euro is the skimpiest suit I regulary swim in. In my younger days, I did swim in some cotton bikini briefs a couple times, and no one said anything. They were solid black, so they probably looked like a swimsuit.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Just got another suit (I actually ordered it the same time as the one above... just took a lot longer to get here).

It's an Arena savatis from Italy, about 3.6cm sides. I plan to swim laps in it tomorrow morning.
arena_savatis.jpg
arena_savatis.jpg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 7688 times

BeachFun
United States of America

Post by BeachFun » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Another great looking suit you have there. I’m still thinking about ordering a blue one like you have from EBay. Just wish I would look as good as you do wearing it!

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:56 pm
Just got another suit (I actually ordered it the same time as the one above... just took a lot longer to get here).

It's an Arena savatis from Italy, about 3.6cm sides. I plan to swim laps in it tomorrow morning.

arena_savatis.jpg
Arena has always been my favourite brand for lap swimming. I have quite a few pairs, some that are 80% nylon I think (can't remember the model), and they feel amazing on and in the pool.

Your suit looks great on.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm

swimsharkau wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Arena has always been my favourite brand for lap swimming. I have quite a few pairs, some that are 80% nylon I think (can't remember the model), and they feel amazing on and in the pool.

Your suit looks great on.
Thanks!

I can report back that this suit is probably fantastic at the beach, but not necessarily great for lap swimming. Maybe it's an issue of it being too small on the sides, or maybe it's the softer, stretchier fabric, but I'm used to lap swimming in 2-3" polyester suits (Arenas, mostly) and they tend to keep my package snug and immobile. When I do flip turns while wearing this suit, I've found that I shift around a lot...

I'll have to try and swim tomorrow and see how they feel again...

BeachFun
United States of America

Post by BeachFun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Hello 52dno98,

Have you swim laps in the blue Arena you ordered from EBay? How was it?

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:13 pm

BeachFun wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm
Hello 52dno98,

Have you swim laps in the blue Arena you ordered from EBay? How was it?
That's what I said above. It's a SUPER comfortable suit... very soft and stretchy (and brief, which I like).

But I kind of like my lap swimming suits to be tight and keep my junk from moving around while I'm swimming.

BeachFun
United States of America

Post by BeachFun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 pm

I was asking about the other brighter blue one you bought. It may be the same as the savatis arena suit you have on above. Material looks the same.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:14 am

Before Covid-19 closed the local pool down to general lap swimming I wore a Gary Majdel Ultra Greek for all my daytime lap swims and a black Desmit thong for the 2x a week adult lap swims. No issues at all with either suit. Got a few double takes when I first started wearing the thong , but no negative comments or complaints. I used to think swimming in my Sporti Euros felt great, now those are the most conservative suits I own.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 am

BeachFun wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 pm
I was asking about the other brighter blue one you bought. It may be the same as the savatis arena suit you have on above. Material looks the same.
Oh THAT one... I haven't. Maybe it's too brief?

I guess we're kind of splitting hairs between like, 1 and a third inches and 1 inch on the nose... neither is really what I'd call a conservative suit, lol.

I have to say that the Savatis is a REALLY comfortable suit- very soft and smooth fabric. If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd totally wear it to the beach. The seller on eBay is an Italian swim shop called Master Nuoto, and the sizing is spot on.

BeachFun
United States of America

Post by BeachFun » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 am

Okay, well both of them look great on you. Hope you take a chance and wear one of them to the beach anyway! Haha If I order the other one, I will probably swim laps in it at least once. Usually when I go I'm about the only one there anyway. I need to start back and see if I can get my stomach a little flatter.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 am

I once wore a pair of Cocksox swimmers to the hotel pool I was staying at. It was in a pretty gay part of Miami, so wasn't to risque, but still felt pretty out there and exposed... and definitely got a lot of looks! https://www.cocksox.com/collections/poo ... 6098830402

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:56 pm

arena_savatis.jpg
That, is one handsome suit. Thanks for sharing. 🙏🏻