G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Reactions are not always bad

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

DutchSpeedoLover
Netherlands

Reactions are not always bad

Post by DutchSpeedoLover » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:34 am

We often talk here about the reactions of other people when they see a guy in a Speedo.

I just came back from a three weeks holiday in which I traveled in a group where I was the only one who was wearing a Speedo. In the beginning I was a bit nervous about the reactions from the the other people in the group when they would see me in my Speedo. But I didn't got a bad comment, I even heard women saying that they could imagine that it would be easier to swim in a Speedo than in such a baggy boardshort.

I only noticed that it depends on the situation in which a guy is wearing a Speedo and how people react on it. If a guy is wearing it at a pool, on a beach or boat for swimming and tanning then there were no bad reactions. But in other situations there could come some reactions. So did we go for a hike, with the possibility to swim in a couple of lakes. We met there some other tourists and there were a couple of guys who walked further after a swim, just wearing their Speedo and shoes with sox. I have to admit it looked a bit funny. About these guys I heard some boring reactions.

BJE
United States of America

Re: Reactions are not always bad

Post by BJE » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:22 am

The bad reactions I have gotten have been from children and teenagers. Adults are usually mature enough to not make negative comments. I have a lot of friends who have seen me in a speedo and none of them have had negative reactions, and a few have made positive comments.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:24 pm

I haven’t worn a pair of speedos without shorts at the pool for years.
But when you do see people in Speedos at the pool I don’t see anyone male any comments or dissaproving looks.
While I was in the pool the swim club start to come pool side. Which means time to get out of the pool.
A lot of the members are wearing what look like square cut trunks but slightly different.
https://www.funkytrunks.com/mens-classi ... arade.html
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:24 pm
I haven’t worn a pair of speedos without shorts at the pool for years.
I committed to only wearing speedos at pools about two and a half years ago and I’ve stuck with it. I wear them at out athletic club, municipal pool, hotel pools and vacation resorts, around friends and relatives. The only place I’ve worn swim shorts at in this time is at a water park. Wearing a speedo around a few dozen people at a pool is one thing but walking around a crowded water park and standing in line for slides in front of a few hundred people is something else. Especially since I’d be the only one in a speedo. However given the number of women you see practically falling out of their skimpy bikinis I don’t think I should worry about drawing too much attention. One of these times I’ll just go for it.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:00 am

I recently had my first "negative" reaction in a long while recently; after a swim workout, me and Mrs. (who's a MEGA legit swimmer in her butt-wedgy Nike suit) went to relax in the hot tub. A group of pudgy teenage girls saw me in my Asics speedo and began snickering to each other. They tried to get their phones going but after a few "f-off" looks from me they thought better of it. I considered it a very isolated incident.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 am

Your not allowed phones in swimming pool areas.
You can get thrown out of the leisure center for it.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 am

I think there is a definite movement back towards Speedos and away from nasty swim-shorts, certainly it feels like it in London. I noticed there were far more men of all ages, shapes and sizes wearing briefs, square-cuts and jammers at Highgate Men's Pond this Summer. I have recently started going to London Fields Lido regularly, and it seems that shorts wearers are in the minority there. Very few men seem to have been wearing knee-length board shorts this year.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 am
Your not allowed phones in swimming pool areas.
You can get thrown out of the leisure center for it.
I know, tell that to the punk kids everywhere. :x

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:30 am

I got told off just for having my phone in my hand. I had powered it down.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:31 pm

At my athletic club phone use is only prohibited I’m the locker rooms and shower area. At the pool and hot tub are fine.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I think a guy who takes care of himself and picks an appropriate suit should get compliments, not negative remarks!

Young people who make negative remarks - probably just uncomfortable with themselves. Hey, adolescence is awkward, right? Maybe they're projecting their discomfort outwards to distract attention from selves?

Nothing beats the sight of a hot guy (or girl) in sexy swimwear. The world needs more beauty! :P

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 am

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Nothing beats the sight of a hot guy (or girl) in sexy swimwear. The world needs more beauty! :P
Absolutely agree!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy