G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fuengirola, Spain. Speedo report

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sandford50
Great Britain

Fuengirola, Spain. Speedo report

Post by sandford50 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am

So spending the weekend on the Costa del Sol, so took the speedo down to the beach at Fuengirola. Being October the beach was not too busy, so alas not a great speedo showing, other than myself and two other guys. Despite this, I felt totally comfortable wearing and swimming in my skimpy suit, and no one else cared either.

BJE
United States of America

Re: Fuengirola, Spain. Speedo report

Post by BJE » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:10 pm

How skimpy?

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:23 am

Nice! I’m in Barcelona and yesterday it was cloudy with rain showers so not a good beach day. Today the weather is better, the sun is out but it’s pretty windy at the beach. I only hit the first beach due to time constraints but only saw 2 speedos. Disappointing.
I stopped at the Decathlon Sports store and picked up a new suit for 9.99 Euro. It’s a nice suit, navy blue with bright/neon green at the sides. The sides are about 2 inches. Leaving tomorrow for French Riviera. Weather report looks good for beach time.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 am

sandford50 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am
So spending the weekend on the Costa del Sol,
Enjoy!!
Long time Speedo® lover

Jrod1001
United States of America

Post by Jrod1001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am

Seaspeedo- sorry to hear that the weather was not ideal in Barcelona. Out of curiosity, do you know which beach you went to? I’m guessing the weather kept most of the people wanting to tan, off the beach. When I was there in late August, it rained one of the days too, however the sunny days, Mar Bella beach was busy, and many of the guys had on speedos.

Hopefully your weather will be better in the French Riviera. I’m looking forward to hear about it!

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Jrod, it was one of the first beaches, by the big marina. Those on the beach looked like tourists. I should have kept going down, but not enough time. Will keep you updated on France!

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm

The update from Nice France. Mostly square cuts and trunks with a fair numbyof Speedo’s. Only a very few board shorts (thank goodness).
A few more days to go, so will see other towns and beaches. Hopefully more speedos. Wearing mine!

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 am

Just when I thought I was the only guy on a Spanish beach brave enough to wear a speedo, this guy appeared and lifted my spirits, (as well as other parts :twisted: ) . Young, slim, with a great body and wearing a sexy suit. Is it wrong I took this snap? That's why I disguised his face, just in case.

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 am

he is a hottie!!

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Share the one with the face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:12 pm

French Riviera update #2
Went to a less touristy beach and it seems Speedo style was #1 followed by square cut, then nice trunks. No board shorts in sight!!!

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:35 am

sandford50 wrote:Just when I thought I was the only guy on a Spanish beach brave enough to wear a speedo, this guy appeared and lifted my spirits, (as well as other parts :twisted: ) . Young, slim, with a great body and wearing a sexy suit. Is it wrong I took this snap? That's why I disguised his face, just in case.
He’s looking good and a cool suit!

Str8 Speedo fan

Sly
United States of America

Post by Sly » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:10 pm

sandford50 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 am
Is it wrong I took this snap? That's why I disguised his face, just in case.
Yes, it is. You shouldn't be taking pics of strangers without their permission. Not because people go to a public space they'll want their image on the web for the world to see.

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am

Sly wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:10 pm
Yes, it is. You shouldn't be taking pics of strangers without their permission. Not because people go to a public space they'll want their image on the web for the world to see.
Would it be wrong if he put himself *in the photo* and this person was clearly standing in the background? Or, how about the 1000's of photos of guys and girls that have been re-posted on this site without their knowledge. Is that ok? I mean just take a look at the 122 pages of the 'For the skimpy suit lovers' thread.... there are a lot of photos that are posted in that thread of guys who are not members of this forum and are not professional models... Where is the line?

Take this post more of as a rhetorical question... or something to think about. I've never been one to post photos - I guess mainly because it's such a gray area that I haven't figured out where the line is for me.... I've changed my mind on it a couple of times just in the past few years.
straight, married w/ kids.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm

It seems to me that if people post photos online they have pretty much given up all rights to them and they are now in the public domain regardless of any implied copyright. This is one of the reasons I usually delete photos I post of myself here after a short time.

The moment you post a picture online it can be saved and reposted elsewhere.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:35 pm

BJE wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm
It seems to me that if people post photos online they have pretty much given up all rights to them and they are now in the public domain regardless of any implied copyright. This is one of the reasons I usually delete photos I post of myself here after a short time.

The moment you post a picture online it can be saved and reposted elsewhere.
I don’t mind that pictures of me are out there. I only post pictures from the neck down here, so there’s no face seen with the body. I also try to obscure things like tattoos etc. Pictures of my face, are online, I have a blog related to medieval French literature and history. Also my face is on the website of the college I teach at, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Side note: Appropriate or not, I do like those trunks. I’m going to Barcelona in January (not speedo weather :cry: ) and plan on getting some new suits while there.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:35 am

I always understood that if a picture was taken in a public place then there were no limitations on it, you are not invading someone's privacy. Look at all the tourists that will be in your pictures at a popular place.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Sly
United States of America

Post by Sly » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:05 am

rmf wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am
Sly wrote:
Would it be wrong if he put himself *in the photo* and this person was clearly standing in the background? Or, how about the 1000's of photos of guys and girls that have been re-posted on this site without their knowledge. Is that ok? I mean just take a look at the 122 pages of the 'For the skimpy suit lovers' thread.... there are a lot of photos that are posted in that thread of guys who are not members of this forum and are not professional models... Where is the line?

Take this post more of as a rhetorical question... or something to think about. I've never been one to post photos - I guess mainly because it's such a gray area that I haven't figured out where the line is for me.... I've changed my mind on it a couple of times just in the past few years.
My answer was based on people taking pictures of starngers without their knowledge. I for one, not want to see my pics online without my consent.

If you're taking your personal pics and it happens that there are in the background but they aren't the main subject that's another story. In a public space it's hard to find an empty background.

The pics posted on the site has been on the web and if you notice, they're posing and they seem the subjects of the pics are ok with the pics being taken.

As many of the members here have stated, we may wear speedos in public where there's no one we know around but the story is different among friends and family and if that's the case, I think we must think about that before taking pics of strangers and uploading it where is there for all to see.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:39 am

Sly wrote:
rmf wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am
Sly wrote:

My answer was based on people taking pictures of starngers without their knowledge. I for one, not want to see my pics online without my consent.

If you're taking your personal pics and it happens that there are in the background but they aren't the main subject that's another story. In a public space it's hard to find an empty background.

The pics posted on the site has been on the web and if you notice, they're posing and they seem the subjects of the pics are ok with the pics being taken.

As many of the members here have stated, we may wear speedos in public where there's no one we know around but the story is different among friends and family and if that's the case, I think we must think about that before taking pics of strangers and uploading it where is there for all to see.
You make it sound as of speedos are bad which leads to more of what many are trying to change.
Just sayin...

Str8 Speedo fan