G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

College and Speedos, an interesting take on modesty

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefsBro
United States of America

College and Speedos, an interesting take on modesty

Post by BriefsBro » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 am

Hey y'all,

So I recently started using my university's gym. It is very nice, and it has an outdoor pool. I've been to it before, around summer and lo and behold- I saw a couple guys in speedos. I'm assuming they're past swimmers and this seems to be the standard. Fast forward now where I go regularly and still seeing one or two guys in speedos when there are swimmers present.

As a matter of fact, some guys wear skimpy suits. I went it once to the gym after work, and I saw a guy come in with a friend. They were relatively fit, but not toned nor muscular. If I could guess they used to be swimmers, but have fallen out of habit. One Asian, guy was shirtless and wearing a towel, the white guy (long hair, glasses nerdy-ish looking) was wearing no towel and a red team speedo. Red speedo guy really rocked it, he had some body fat but he was also skinny. It kind of made me think that anyone can wear it, even when one does not look like the skinny and muscular ideal shape. The red speedo he was wearing was very small, like perhaps two sizes down. Both seemed awkward-ish, but the guy in the red speedo didn't rush to get a towel on. I'm assuming the Asian guy was wearing a speedo but it was covered by the towel. They spoke about weighing themselves, and one said, "Well, you're not wearing much so go ahead", red speedo walks half-way across the locker room but didn't stay in line too long and comes back.

Here's what I found odd. Red speedo guy wraps a towel around his waist and proceeds to change under it. He takes his speedo off and shuffles a pair of black boxer briefs under it. His friend proceeds to do the same thing.

On another instance. I come out of the shower, and see another guy in a towel. I then realize he's changing under it, but I see he's now wearing a black speedo endurance brief, the kind with 2 inch sides. He walks around the locker and walks out with towel in-hand.

I feel that perhaps, college guys are still shy to the whole speedo thing- but they wear them to swim as a uniform. However, it is odd to me. I'm a very "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", and so imo if speedos are around I feel we've already crossed a line of modestly. No one walks around nude in the locker room, and towel changing is very common, but so are speedos.

Are there any other college swimmers or people who frequence college pools? How's the behavior around speedos there?

blueflinch
Australia

Re: College and Speedos, an interesting take on modesty

Post by blueflinch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 am

BriefsBro wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 am
No one walks around nude in the locker room
Oops! So I've been doing it wrong all these years? :lol: I wear my speedos INTO the locker room and then shower naked, dry off, and put on my underwear. I can't be bothered with the whole towel dance anymore - not if changing indoors.

Getting undressed - I just rip off all my clothes and put my speedos on. You can kind of "hide" behind the wooden barrier if you're nervous about guys seeing your dick/butt. Not that I've caught anyone looking recently ... :oops: Or just let your T-shirt sort of "drape over" your dangling bits. How long are you gonna be naked for anyway? :lol:

Cool to hear guys in the good old USA are wearing speedos in the lockers, though. I agree: "Do as the Romans" seems to be a good policy. Young fellas here too are a bit bashful and do all sorts of interesting dances underneath towels - anything from five seconds to fifteen minutes. Guess it's an art, right? I like looking at naked bodies personally and hate them covered up. Will your own speedos be getting an outing soon? 8)

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:25 am

I don’t get changed under a towel at the gym locker room. Can’t see the point. Still can’t wear just a speedo in the pool tho. Weird I know.
I wear a speedo under my shorts sometimes for support when on the treadmill (when I used to go). I don’t like the base layer leggings or boxers you can get.
When I go to watch my niece at her swimming lessons you might see one or two people in speedos.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:29 am

Please none of the swimmers on my college team do this way. We weigh in nude.The number of times I've been pushed into the hallway nude.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 pm

I’ve never been to a college pool but at my athletic club I’ve only seen one other man in a speedo, a lap swimmer a couple years ago. However as far as changing goes, I’d say about 40+ years old men are all over the locker room naked and young than that it’s never be seen naked at any cost.

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:57 am

I agree—at my university’s locker rooms for lap swim pool, 90%+ exhibit this kind of shyness in the locker room, despite wearing something as ‘revealing’ as a speedo. I used to be in that crowd, but after once or two times going to the same pool wearing swim briefs and sometimes skimpier asian cut styles, modesty is pretty much out the window and I’d hit the open showers nude and change in the open without a towel.

I think there’s only a handful of college guys (usually regulars/more serious swimmers) in those locker rooms I’ve seen that don’t hide. Why change under a towel when you’ve basically shown it? End of the day though it’s each to their own.
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:30 pm

I don’t change under a towel either. But I have seen it on one occasion where two friends finish their swim, showered naked next to each other and not shy about it. It was a great bonding moment I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 am
BriefsBro wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 am
No one walks around nude in the locker room
Oops! So I've been doing it wrong all these years? :lol: I wear my speedos INTO the locker room and then shower naked, dry off, and put on my underwear. I can't be bothered with the whole towel dance anymore - not if changing indoors.

Getting undressed - I just rip off all my clothes and put my speedos on. You can kind of "hide" behind the wooden barrier if you're nervous about guys seeing your dick/butt. Not that I've caught anyone looking recently ... :oops: Or just let your T-shirt sort of "drape over" your dangling bits. How long are you gonna be naked for anyway? :lol:

Cool to hear guys in the good old USA are wearing speedos in the lockers, though. I agree: "Do as the Romans" seems to be a good policy. Young fellas here too are a bit bashful and do all sorts of interesting dances underneath towels - anything from five seconds to fifteen minutes. Guess it's an art, right? I like looking at naked bodies personally and hate them covered up. Will your own speedos be getting an outing soon? 8)
I feel that perhaps they think speedos are more-so a kind of "uniform" that has its place and time? The guys in the running track usually go shirtless, like half of them do- so perhaps college guys do intend to show some, but not all?

Lol, I might in the future. I've been going more regularly and I am more fit. It was so unbashful how I've seen guys exit in a speedo that it was so normal and kind of motivating, so we'll see!

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm

At the pool I swim at, everybody seems to go naked in the changeroom, don't get me wrong its not a sexy thing, everybody is just trying trying to do their own thing. Small kids to old men. My last swim on thurs, the teen on my left had not a thing on at all. some other person, idk late 20s walks out of the shower across the change room with not a thing on at all also, just doing his stuff. Another came out of the shower fully clothed and ready to go. Dont often see towlies in the changeroom, that normally happens around the pool, piss myself laughing on the rare occasion when they get it wrong and the twig and berries get some vitamin D but that barely happens. There is probably a bit of a difference between regular swimmers who are in there all of the time and recreational swimmers.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:04 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm
At the pool I swim at, everybody seems to go naked in the changeroom, don't get me wrong its not a sexy thing, everybody is just trying trying to do their own thing. Small kids to old men. My last swim on thurs, the teen on my left had not a thing on at all. some other person, idk late 20s walks out of the shower across the change room with not a thing on at all also, just doing his stuff. Another came out of the shower fully clothed and ready to go. Dont often see towlies in the changeroom, that normally happens around the pool, piss myself laughing on the rare occasion when they get it wrong and the twig and berries get some vitamin D but that barely happens. There is probably a bit of a difference between regular swimmers who are in there all of the time and recreational swimmers.
Is this a public pool only? Or is it a gym with a pool? I feel like it might all be environment, then. I go to a gym with college students, where a good portion do swim- and with swim clubs or students who were swimmers hs I see speedos regularly. I see them even less at my gym with the general public. Perhaps, I'm not the only one that thinks in a "when in Rome..." kind of way, and others do feel more liberated but only in the right environment- like a public pool amongst other swimmers.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Sometimes late to practice I don't have my suit on until I get by the pool..

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:49 pm

BriefsBro wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:04 pm
Is this a public pool only? Or is it a gym with a pool? I feel like it might all be environment, then. I go to a gym with college students, where a good portion do swim- and with swim clubs or students who were swimmers hs I see speedos regularly. I see them even less at my gym with the general public. Perhaps, I'm not the only one that thinks in a "when in Rome..." kind of way, and others do feel more liberated but only in the right environment- like a public pool amongst other swimmers.
At a public pool. I'd never thought to much about it, but all of the clubs in the region swim in public pools.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:08 am

piss myself laughing on the rare occasion when they get it wrong and the twig and berries get some vitamin D but that barely happens.

Barely happens? LOL! You're bad.... :lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:13 pm

At the pool I swim at, everybody seems to go naked in the changeroom, don't get me wrong its not a sexy thing, everybody is just trying trying to do their own thing.
I agree with your observation, Sam.

In my fantasies, pool change rooms are always sexually-charged sites, full of hot naked footballers dragging their huge Neanderthal penises along the floor and flicking each other with their towels.

In reality, everyone looks sunburnt and frazzled. The urinal in the next room stinks up the joint. And there's water all over the floor and benches, so it's hard to find a dry spot to stand in. Not exactly sexy or conducive to lusty thoughts. :lol:

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:25 pm

I found that at my last gym. Urinals stinking the place out, even went to use the toilet once and feces covered it. On the outside, can you believe it (dirty bastards). People changing under towels, the pulling their underwear up under the towel. Wearing sweaty underwear in the sauna.
People wearing underwear under their swim shorts so they didn’t have to change after using the gym. Gym culture is definitely changing and not for the better.
I remember being a member of a local Village Hotel Gym and it was a case of people walking round naked, shaving at the sinks naked, walking to the showers naked. People actually wearing speedos to swim in or go to the sauna or steam room.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 am

I just don't understand sauna etiquette. At my local gym everyone uses the steam room and sauna a lot more than the pool, and both rooms are in the aquatic area. Everyone seems to go into either rooms fully clothed or just shirtless. To each their own, but my understanding of a steam room is that it is VERY- well, steamy. I've been to a Korean spa where one must be fully nude to use the facilities and this seems to the only decent way to use a steam room.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 am

BriefsBro wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 am
I just don't understand sauna etiquette. At my local gym everyone uses the steam room and sauna a lot more than the pool, and both rooms are in the aquatic area. Everyone seems to go into either rooms fully clothed or just shirtless. To each their own, but my understanding of a steam room is that it is VERY- well, steamy. I've been to a Korean spa where one must be fully nude to use the facilities and this seems to the only decent way to use a steam room.
I wear my swimshorts in the sauna or steam room. But I have seen people go in with there gym clothes on. Redicilous I know.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:25 pm
I found that at my last gym. ...
:shock: Holy cow, I'm glad you left that place. Here the local health board would have had them shut down.
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:30 am

Thom wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 am
Speedoaddict wrote:
I found that at my last gym. ...
:shock: Holy cow, I'm glad you left that place. Here the local health board would have had them shut down.
I had a massive argument with them. The local leisure services dept got in touch with me and I gave them a list of issues with the leisure centre.
It has been well over a year now and it is still the same.
I feel sorry for the cleaners who have to clean up after the dirty bastards.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
I found that at my last gym. Urinals stinking the place out, even went to use the toilet once and feces covered it. On the outside, can you believe it (dirty bastards). People changing under towels, the pulling their underwear up under the towel. Wearing sweaty underwear in the sauna.
People wearing underwear under their swim shorts so they didn’t have to change after using the gym. Gym culture is definitely changing and not for the better.
That is truly disgusting. :shock:

First rule of any gym/sauna - take a shower before using the facilities!