G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

College and Speedos, an interesting take on modesty

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: College and Speedos, an interesting take on modesty

Post by BJE » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:06 am

BriefsBro wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 am
I've been to a Korean spa where one must be fully nude to use the facilities and this seems to the only decent way to use a steam room.
I agree but my athletic club requires swimwear to be worn in the steam room and sauna. I’d rather be naked but I’d be sitting on a towel. I wouldn’t want to get some sort of skin infection like MERSA.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 am

BJE wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:06 am
I agree but my athletic club requires swimwear to be worn in the steam room and sauna. I’d rather be naked but I’d be sitting on a towel. I wouldn’t want to get some sort of skin infection like MERSA.
Like BJE, I have no issues being naked in the locker room- it’s a changing area, after all- nor in the sauna inside the locker room. I remember a buddy of mine who came into the sauna wearing a swimsuit (boardies) and I was sitting right opposite the door. He was pretty shocked to see me sitting there naked on a towel, lol.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:53 am

It must be a youth thing. my gym has a large open planned changing area but some young guys at my gym will disappear into the single large locker in their underwear and change into swim shorts, to avoid having to change in the open. I'm in my 50s, have an okay bod and don't care who sees me.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 pm

It’s weird that I am not bothered by getting changed in the changing area and standing there naked. But I can’t bring myself to swim in speedos in the pool. I am out of my mind. Bloody silly. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 pm
It’s weird that I am not bothered by getting changed in the changing area and standing there naked. But I can’t bring myself to swim in speedos in the pool. I am out of my mind. Bloody silly. Lol.
I feel the same way, tbh. I feel comfortable those around me do the same thing. My first time in a Korean spa, all nude, I felt great because everyone around me was doing the same. It's like I'm only intimidated when I'm the weird one.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 am

I’m weird when it comes to this. I have no problem wearing speedos and I use the sauna completely naked but still bring my towel into the sauna. But when changing I cover myself and do the towel dance. I don’t even know why lol. It’s just habit I suppose because growing up I’ve always been told to cover myself.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 am

Yeah, I just do not understand the towel dance thing.

It is a locker / changing room. You are supposed to change your clothes in there. That means take one set of clothes off and put on another set. This can involve being naked.

I guess some people are just overly modest, whereas i am not. I like to strip down completely naked before putting on just my underwear or my suit. A couple of things that make a difference, I suppose, is that I love to be naked and I love to be seen naked or with minimal clothing on by people. That is to say I am a bit of an exhibitionist and a bit of a voyeur. That may be the crux of the difference.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am

I have seen people at the gym, towel rapped round their waste doing the undies shuffle. Yet they think nothing of coming out of the shower or steam room with wet undies on. That does not leave much to the imagination.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am
I have seen people at the gym, towel rapped round their waste doing the undies shuffle. Yet they think nothing of coming out of the shower or steam room with wet undies on. That does not leave much to the imagination.
That is kind of a crazy double standard.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:54 am

MrMusik wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am
Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am
That is kind of a crazy double standard.
I know. It takes all sorts I suppose. Lol.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 pm

rozelle wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 am
I’m weird when it comes to this. I have no problem wearing speedos and I use the sauna completely naked but still bring my towel into the sauna. But when changing I cover myself and do the towel dance. I don’t even know why lol. It’s just habit I suppose because growing up I’ve always been told to cover myself.
Totally don't get this, man! It makes no sense, yet old habits die hard. We all do weird stuff like this. :lol:

Be brave! Maybe dare yourself into changing one day without the towel, and write about your experience for us. :mrgreen: