G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

night swimming

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

guitarzan

night swimming

Post by guitarzan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 pm

One thing I have noticed over time with my fellow speedo enthusiasts is a desire... or quest as it were to find a place and time where they can let loose in their lycra. It surprises me that after all this time , no one has brought this idea up. To me it just seems obvious. For the last few years, I have been a regular at a 24 hr fitness club in my neighborhood. I work a late shift that has me clocking out at 1:30 in the morning. By 2:00 A.M. I am in the pool swimming laps, in whatever skimpy swim brief I want. Mind you, I am an avid swimmer, and I am there for the workout, but I love the fact that at that time in the morning, no one really cares. I have worn some suits that are so transparent that I know, I would have been kicked out, during day time hours.

devildog
Netherlands

Re: night swimming

Post by devildog » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:52 am

How many people are there around that time?
be comfortable

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Don't swim at night in Aussie ocean - sharks. Don't swim at night in Aussie rivers - crocodiles.

I suppose a quiet pool in an all-night gym would be safe enough. Do we have all-night gyms? :lol:

guitarzan

Post by guitarzan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:36 pm

On a typical night there will be two or three people on the floor lifting weights, and one or two in the pool area, usually in the hot tub, sauna or steam room. Some live in their vans and are just there to use the shower. In a nutshell, it's a pretty laid back atmosphere. I should also point out that in the two years I have been there, neither my car nor my locker have ever been broken into.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 pm

I haven't been night swimming in years. It's such a rush in the dark and when nobody is around.

Last time was in the ocean. (No sharks luckily.) It was a full moon and a group of us went down to the beach and went skinny dipping, then a game of touch footy on the sand.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:07 am

I don’t know to anywhere near to wear I live in the UK that has a pool that’s open 24/7.
All of the pools are closed by 10pm but last swim is about 9:15 - 9:30pm.
The earliest they open is 7am.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 am

My athletic club pool is open all night but I only swim in the daytime. That doesn’t stop me from wearing a speedo. However going to a pool when there are few people there is a great way to get used to wearing a speedo in public.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:56 am

I would love to go to an all night pool. The quiet, no kids jumping in, life guards shouting and blowing whistles, swimmers not swimming in the correct direction. Heaven.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm a member at Xperience Fitness, a midwest 24hr. health club chain that has 25m 2 or 3 lane pools at almost all their locations. I've swam later at night and it was refreshing. And yes, always in a more "agressive"speedo. But lately they've started closing the pool/steam room areas from midnight to 5am.

My YMCA has had moonlight madness Friday nights, social/fitness adults-only from 10pm to midnight. It was my first late-night swimming, thinking "It's 11:30 at night and I'm swimming laps." It didn't go over that great and they haven't done it in a while.

I've been to a very nice private health club open until 10pm that kept very low lighting in the pool during the evening hours, and it was pretty cool.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Several times I swam at night in a lake, together with friends. During summer the only danger there is to be eaten up by thousands of mosquitos. First time we ended up early, but later in August this problem didn't exist anymore. The maintime of the mosquitos had been over and we could spent a good time

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Baltspeed I have never been swimming in the sea or a lake. Always loved the idea of it tho. Don’t know to any lakes in the uk your allowed to swim in either come to think of it. Oh well. Lol.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Swimming in a pool at night is actually a great way for a shy guy to get used to (regular) speedos.. Few swimmers in the water and the darkness makes things less exposed, shall we say? It's a great way to start - I once swam in a manmade lagoon in my black speedos and it's was really fun and peaceful. :P

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:16 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:02 pm
Hi Baltspeed I have never been swimming in the sea or a lake. Always loved the idea of it tho. Don’t know to any lakes in the uk your allowed to swim in either come to think of it. Oh well. Lol.
Come to Scotland, you can swim in any loch.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:36 am

Can you? Oooooooh. I might have to look at that for the summer next year. Cheers Scottie.

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 am

are the lochs really cold? i always assumed they are.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:55 am

Probably, then there’s the piranha midges they have up in Scotland.
It’s been years since I went to Scotland.
I visited Oban when I was about 18/19.
TBH the scenery was magnificent.

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:15 pm

I did a lot of night swimming when I was in college. It was almost the required end to a night out with friends during the summertime. The town was in the alps, and there was a large alpine lake right there. We’d all strip down and jump off one of the docks. With hindsight, swimming while drunk wasn’t the best idea, but it made it easier to sleep on hot summer nights. Fun times!
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:13 pm

I swim at night the usual 9 pm time here. In the state of Maryland all pools must close by 10pm. It is a state law don't know why but that is how it is here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 am

Sorry for the late reply, I missed the questions. Yes, the deeper lochs can be cold. Unfortunately the midgie can be a problem.
The right to swim in lochs, rivers and access to the sea is linked to our Access Rights.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:20 am

Night swimming nude or in Speedos is very relaxing