G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Water Aerobics

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Sam
United States of America

Water Aerobics

Post by Sam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:29 am

Good morning! Anyone here ever try Water Aerobics? In addition to swimming, I love it, and it gives me another awesome opportunity to wear a Speedo! I started wearing a "regular" cut, but now I wear a Sporti Euro Swim Brief. I'm the only dude in the class, but that's okay because I'm surrounded by all of these beautiful women in their conservative
one-piece swimsuits and swim dresses, both of which I find attractive. I have to admit that I love the idea of wearing less than the women wear. Plus, I love the workouts!

villageguy
United States of America

Re: Water Aerobics

Post by villageguy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 am

Hey! Here in The Villages I go to deep water aerobics 3x a week. Like your experience, only couple men in a large group of women. I am a big hairy bear wearing all types of speedos, mostly Aussiebumm. Never been any negative comments from the women. Water aerobics is a must to keep my arthritis in check. Our pools are outside and heated to 83 degrees. Just ordered a wetsuit vest on those cold mornings. Great retirement community .

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am

Where the swim the water aerobics classes are mostly full of elderly really fat women along with a few old men who’s breasts are as large as the women’s. I’ve never attended a class but from what I’ve seen they are designed for the old people and there is very little movement actually taking place. I’d guess I get a better workout swimming one lap than they get in an entire class.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Never heard of water aerobics. Heard of underwater rugby tho.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 pm

BJE those comments about getting old was not called for!!
Some day your butt and breasts too will be hanging.
What you said is not true in my deep water aerobics class.
When your bones are aching, deep water aerobics is a god send to reduce that pain!!
The Villages is a VERY active community.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:32 pm

I sympathise with you village. I have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both hands and they said it will spread to other joints.
The constant aching drives me up the wall.
I have not seen any of the water aerobics at my local pools, but it has intrigued me. I will try and find out more in my local area.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Speedoaddict - the best is deep water Aerobics where there is no stress put on the joints.
I go 3x/week for 50 mintues each session.
Good luck

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Water Aerobics

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Cheers. I will let you know if I find something.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:46 pm

villageguy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 pm
BJE those comments about getting old was not called for!!
Some day your butt and breasts too will be hanging.
What you said is not true in my deep water aerobics class.
When your bones are aching, deep water aerobics is a god send to reduce that pain!!
The Villages is a VERY active community.
My intent was not to offend. I just described the classes that are held at my health club. There were comments about a class full of beautiful women. I explained that that isn’t the case at my pool. I also described the activity level at my pool.

You don’t need to get offended by me describing something that has nothing to do with you or where you workout.

malpais

Post by malpais » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

I have an interest in water aerobics. Sometime the best place is a local YMCA that has a pool. Most of the Y's offer some type of water exercise. Some will offer low impact for the folks with health issues.

Good Luck!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am

I have looked in this at my local pool, they call it Aquafit. During the day sessions (midday and early afternoon) you do tend to get the older generation taking part in the classes and in the evenings you get younger to the older generation, male and female and also expectant mothers. So a bit of a mixed bag.
They also have a water polo team at my local pool which I didn’t know about either.
I will be looking into both of these further. 😋

I don’t think BJE meant to cause any offence, I just think his wording of his description was a little off.

Hope we are all friends again. 😜

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 am

malpais wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am
I have an interest in water aerobics. Sometime the best place is a local YMCA that has a pool. Most of the Y's offer some type of water exercise. Some will offer low impact for the folks with health issues.

Good Luck!
I say go for it! The YMCA is your best option. Definitely wear a Speedo or a micro swim brief for Water Aerobics so you can move easily. The women will wear modest, conservative one piece swimsuits sometimes with shorts or coverage to their knees or swim dresses. You will love it!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:53 am

YMCA in the uk do not have pools. Rubbish really.

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am
I have looked in this at my local pool, they call it Aquafit. During the day sessions (midday and early afternoon) you do tend to get the older generation taking part in the classes and in the evenings you get younger to the older generation, male and female and also expectant mothers. So a bit of a mixed bag.
They also have a water polo team at my local pool which I didn’t know about either.
I will be looking into both of these further. 😋

I don’t think BJE meant to cause any offence, I just think his wording of his description was a little off.

Hope we are all friends again. 😜
Definitely try Aquafit, and be sure to wear your Speedo or micro swim brief. I like to wear as little as possible for Aqua classes for comfort and ease of movement and would love to wear a thong sometime!
Last edited by Sam on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Cheers Sam. I will see what times are available and let you know how I get on.

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Cheers Sam. I will see what times are available and let you know how I get on.
Awesome, Speedoaddict!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

fatman
Canada

Post by fatman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 am

I pray I can get back into it when my health improves, I miss it terribly. Since I'm not teaching it any more the class size has dropped to about half, the theory that having someone as heavy as me lead the groups was sound, I was able to get people who needed it the most to join us, to at least try it. Fat people don't feel shamed around fat people, having a bodybuilder lead the class really intimidates them and actually discourages them. I proved that. Please encourage people you know to give it a try.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Deep water aerobics is a life savor for me with arthritis and bad back. Bought a sweatsuit vest just recently. Our pools are outside but the water heated to 83 degrees F.