G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo at Swim Meets

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Speedo at Swim Meets

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:06 am

I was at the pool today doing my laps and there was a huge swim meet at the pool. I was happy to see 80% of the guy were in a speedo. At your pools do most of the guys on the swim team where speedos?

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Speedo at Swim Meets

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:23 am

Hi Ocean,
In the UK school don’t have swim teams. TBH not ,any schools teach swimming which to me I think is piss poor of the UK education system.

My niece has swimming lesson twice a week. Life Saving and Advanced swimming. The advanced teaches them the correct swim technique for each stroke. Most of the kids either wear long board shorts or swim shorts. Of of the lads does wear a square cut boxer trunk.
On her Friday night lesson the pool closes for the swim club to take over.
I ha e seen 4-5 lads from the age of 10 up to 18/19 yrs of age wearing Speedo style briefs. All the rest wear jammers.
Some of the swimmers in the pool while her lesson is in progress wear square boxer trunks or I have seen one swimmer with black speedos and a drag suit over the top. Other wise they range from board shorts to swim shorts. You do get the occasional swim brief but not to often sadly.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

MISwimmer

Speedo at Swim Meets

Post by MISwimmer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:53 am

I see 90% of HS swimmers (in Michigan) practice in swim briefs; the others wear drag suits over a speedo. At the swim meets though it is often 50-50 between briefs and jammers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 am

Our high school swim meet last Saturday had lots of speedos, maybe about half. At practice on weeknights, only about a third perhaps. At the meet was an out-of-towner whose photo, if it were available, would positively stiffen every member (pun) of this forum.

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 pm

My wife and I had to be the head timers for a swim meet yesterday. There were clubs from all over the US. As the warm ups began, I noticed all the boys - 40-50 of them, all had on speedos. It was only when the meet began that many of them transitioned over to the fast suit jammers. But, given their preference, they chose briefs.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Here (Sydney Australia) everyone swimming laps is in briefs, square cut or jammers.
Over 30's usually briefs, under 30 usually jammer. Not laps then shorts.

My young cousins school apparently bans briefs, they can wear jammers or shorts. Pre teenage all the kids prefer jammers rather than baggy clingy shorts, but when those teenage body issues arrive it's nothing but shorts unless at swim club.

For actual racing the quality jammers are faster and an advantage so dominate competition.

It's good that they banned the rediculous full body suits, but I don't think they went far enough knee height jammers are still rediculous and give an advantage of lower drag, muscle compression and boyancy for the whole upper leg. There is no valid reason why swim pants should go beyond a few inches under the crotch, or even more than 5inch or so square cut.
Swimming isn't supposed to be a gear advantage sport, but they let the corporates have their market for $300 pants.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Aircat wrote:Here (Sydney Australia) everyone swimming laps is in briefs, square cut or jammers.
Over 30's usually briefs, under 30 usually jammer. Not laps then shorts.

My young cousins school apparently bans briefs, they can wear jammers or shorts. Pre teenage all the kids prefer jammers rather than baggy clingy shorts, but when those teenage body issues arrive it's nothing but shorts unless at swim club.

For actual racing the quality jammers are faster and an advantage so dominate competition.

It's good that they banned the rediculous full body suits, but I don't think they went far enough knee height jammers are still rediculous and give an advantage of lower drag, muscle compression and boyancy for the whole upper leg. There is no valid reason why swim pants should go beyond a few inches under the crotch, or even more than 5inch or so square cut.
Swimming isn't supposed to be a gear advantage sport, but they let the corporates have their market for $300 pants.
I agree the cost can run into £100’s or even £1000’s for an elite racing suit that the athletes wear. Ridiculous, the sport should be Speedos. P.S I am not biased in anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 pm

I think square cut is fair because some people (including women) just have too much hair spread down there so brief don't really work without them having to groom a lot.

Though that said it's hard to find a competitive swimmer who doesn't drag reduce with clippers.

The square cut style achieves exactly the same as jammers, just without the excessive "tactical" low drag compression fabric on the thighs.

It really does make a difference, when you watch ultra slowmo footage there is a lot of ripple in that skin.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am

Had a guy in board shorts giving me grief last weekend about my speedos.Offered to let him use my Speedo to see the diference. He took me up on it and went to lockers and we traded suits.At first he hid his cock then he got use to them.I let him keep my pair since they were old. Gave him back his boardshorts