G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Going to Aus

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

VPL
United States of America

Re: Going to Aus

Post by VPL » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:05 am
Pick your timing so you’re not up there when the stingers are out in the water.
stingers?!? :shock:

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:14 am

Jelly fish.

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 am

ouch!!! I hate those creatures.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:13 am

The stingers have a pretty severe sting to them and there are 2 species in Aus waters that can kill you. One year I was swimming near the boat in the Whitsundays and ended up in a mass of jellyfish. I can tell you right now, I’m no JC but I just about walked on water! Luckily none were stingers.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Many years ago I was swimming abroad and noticed some jelly fish when in the sea. If I touched them I would get a slight tingle like a nettle sting.
Next day there was a warning notice about jelly fish which I (and others)ignored as I knew it was nothing - wrong! While swimming I got one wrapped round my wrist, it was difficult to remove, it was really sticky and boy did it sting! I thought I was going to have to get medical treatment however normal antihistamine was enough. I still have the scars round my wrist to this day!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:24 pm
Many years ago I was swimming abroad and noticed some jelly fish when in the sea. If I touched them I would get a slight tingle like a nettle sting.
Next day there was a warning notice about jelly fish which I (and others)ignored as I knew it was nothing - wrong! While swimming I got one wrapped round my wrist, it was difficult to remove, it was really sticky and boy did it sting! I thought I was going to have to get medical treatment however normal antihistamine was enough. I still have the scars round my wrist to this day!
Scottie that sounds bad. I went to a pebble beach near Oban or was it Weymouth. It’s been that long I can’t remember. Lol.
There were jelly fish covering the beach. Washed up in the night.
I did not go anywhere near them.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 pm

VPL wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 am
stingers?!? :shock:
Box Jellyfish and Irukandji.
Serious business.
Only up north (which is Whitsundays), generally summer though it's the tropics so more Wet and Dry season.

Late August and September are best time to go there. Though Airlie beach has a public resort style pool all year.

The area is not great for swimming actually because even out of stinger season there are lots of sharks. Big Tiger sharks have taken a few recently and heaps of little Blacktip reef sharks who could nibble.

Australians deserted QLD resorts for Bali and Thailand for that reason, plus prices, when international flights cost the same or even less than North QLD.
No pirate issues when sailing though.

https://www.barrierreefaustralia.com/in ... jellyfish/
https://www.barrierreefaustralia.com/in ... Irukandji/

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm

The stuff about Australia being full of killer animals only basically applies to the northern third.
Tropic of Capricorn line is a good indicator.

That's where the water has stingers, crocodiles, sea snakes, tiny bug diseases, spiders under every toilet rim and snakes which chase you.

Rest of the country is very safe. Don't swim in river mouths. Or drown or break spine in surf.
I would say not to get burnt raw on the first hour at beach, but if from UK that seems to be an attraction.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Thats because we have about 3 days of sun per years. The rest of the time it rains. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:51 pm

The solar UV in lower Southern hemisphere is also different, thinner ozone layer.
Can really feel a bite in it vs Thailand and stuff.

Use the local 50+ stuff hourly and immediately after swimming on UK skin and use shade or it will sneak up and destroy the first two weeks here.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Aircat wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm
The stuff about Australia being full of killer animals only basically applies to the northern third.
Tropic of Capricorn line is a good indicator.

That's where the water has stingers, crocodiles, sea snakes, tiny bug diseases, spiders under every toilet rim and snakes which chase you.

Rest of the country is very safe. Don't swim in river mouths. Or drown or break spine in surf.
I would say not to get burnt raw on the first hour at beach, but if from UK that seems to be an attraction.
Aus has many of the worlds deadliest snakes all over it, don't go near any of them. same with Funnel web spiders on the east coast. Stay away from redbacks and white tails also, they're everywhere . Blue bottle jelly fish will also give a good sting, they're all the way down the coast - you'll probably see them washed up if they're out there and nobody will be in the water. Painting a bad picture here, but its really not that bad.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:24 am

If you're in Sydney:
- North Bondi Beach, this is where the 'gays' hang out. *Lots of speedos, although men in general wear them everywhere.
- Obelisk Beach, nude beach but lots of speedos. *check out the trails off the side if you are looking for fun.
- Tamarama Beach, smaller beach, good chances of chatting someone up.
- Manly Beach, straight surfer dudes, less speedos, but hot guys!
- Icebergs Pool, Bondi, cool spot, lots of swimmers bods.

CityRail
Australia

Post by CityRail » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:09 am

Also tonight is the Mardi Gras, you will be able to meet lots of gay men around Kings Cross/Oxford Street area as they are parading.
Also Oxford Street is where you can get lots of sexy swimsuit from.